HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #3241

ME - Mit Electric.
Best replace all copper pipings if possible if u just bought the resale flat as u duh know the history of the aircon system before.
Old 21-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #3242

Cool

Hi terumo. I'm quite interested in Midea. Saw your post earlier and would like to have the agent's contact. Pls pm me. Thanks.

ME - Mit Electric.
Best replace all copper pipings if possible if u just bought the resale flat as u duh know the history of the aircon system before.
Old 27-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #3243

Hi,

need some advice.
My aircon (Pana CS-C9EKZW, Sys 3, abt 6.5yrs) not cold, blow out normal air. Tech guy came to check and told my mum, "heart" spoilt and need to replace. I am assuming is the compressor, was quoted about 600+ and only 3mth warranty.

This aircon system seems to have many prob for past few yrs e.g gas leak, water leak etc, suspect got to do with past tenants who turn to 18 deg/open window while aircon is on.

Should I get a new aircon system or just replace the compressor. Any recommendation on where to buy a new aircon system?
Old 28-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #3244
lvn

help needed

Hi

We are renovating a resale (10 year old) condo. There are no aircons in the living and dining area currently. Three bed rooms and study have one each. Total area of apartment is 1600 sq ft.

For providing for aircon in living and dining area, different contractors are advising differently:

a) "Big name" retail chain - need to hack the floor in living room to route the water drainage pipe. There are no alternatives.

b) Contractor A - same as above. Hence his recommendation is a single 24000 unit in living and dining (the living and dining area are not in a single rectangle - they are shaped in a kind of bent L shape - about 220 degrees internally) with the unit near one of the bathrooms so that water drain pipes can be laid (without hacking floor but hacking wall).

c) Contractor B - he recommends two units of 18K and 9K for living and dining; he says he can lay pipes only by hacking wall without hacking floor.

Confused on what to do! I dont want to hack floor as there is no plan to replace the marble in the floor.

Any recommendations please?
Old 28-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #3245

To ivn,

Any chance of exposed piping?
Hack marble is too "overkill" just to conceal the drain pipe.
Old 28-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #3246

To martintylor,

How is the usage like in the past, if used daily for > 6 hrs.
6.5 years is around the life span.
Aircon average lifespan 5-7 years. Anything more is a bonus...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #3247

To martintylor,

How is the usage like in the past, if used daily for > 6 hrs.
6.5 years is around the life span.
Aircon average lifespan 5-7 years. Anything more is a bonus...
Hi terumo,

usage is very low for the 6yrs. Only on during the hot mths (jun-jul, night time). Except the bad tenants experience, think they on most of the time, probably lasted for few mths before we found out and we chased them out.

I have another system 2 (jambo flat), bought same time, same low usage, but no bad tenants experience, still running well.

Thinking of getting ME sys3 non invertor because of the low usage. What is your suggest? Or just change the compressor?

Last edited by martintylor; 01-03-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #3248

Pls Help Thank you

Hi gurus and friends,

Got to reno my place and
need to install aircon for hall, and 3 bedrooms.

Very light usage in hall (maybe when guests are over once a week), and only 1 bedroom (8 hours a day).

The other 2 bedrooms are seldom used, but I think should install just in case.

Can advise what setup to get?
Rooms are normal sized. Was thinking of getting a smaller one for the living room since it is seldom used anyway (maybe 18 BTU)

And any installer to recommend?
Would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance
Old 02-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #3249

to martintylor,

Technically, anything is possible to repair.
Just that whether its worth it or not.
You may wish to replace the compressor, see can use another 1-2 years...
Then replace the whole system when it breakdowns again.

Or replace everything now for peace of mind.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #3250

To happykapy,
Ur house can install 2 outdoor units aka compressors?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #3251

To happykapy,
Ur house can install 2 outdoor units aka compressors?
Yes can!

Any recommendation?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #3252

My air con is leaking water but i am told by the service company it is due to broken parts. The pipe or something use to collect water on the unit itself, somewhere near the rotating fan swing is broken. I would like to know the cost of replacement would be around what price? Sorry i do not know the actual term use to describe the broken part. Brand of aircon is panasonic C/S-C9EKZW.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #3253

Hi Terumo guru :-)

I need to replace my system 2 (bedroom & hall) and is thinking of pairing a Daikin 20,000 btu outdoor unit (2MKD58DVM) with 2 x 12,000 btu FCUs (FTKD35DVM) since at almost all times, only 1 FCU is on. With this configuration, how would the cooling power be distributed between the 2 FCUs on those rare occasions where I on both FCUs?

Would you recommend this set-up or the conventional configuration of the 2 FCUs adding up to exactly match a 20,000 btu outdoor unit?

Thanks in advance for your views
Old 03-03-2013, 12:47 AM   #3254
Supremacy Member

Hi Terumo.

can i ask you 2 question?

Can i know is it ok to use 1 isolators For Two Air-Con Systems 1?

AS in is it legal as in per HDB rule? As those super store say 1 isolators for 1 air con only. i tried to look for it in the HDB websites it never say anything about this rule.

2nd question.

All aircon use Standby Power When the air con is not in use it will use heaters to prevents migration of coolant into oil.

Do you know which brand use namely the brand i will which in order is Daikin, mit starmex and lastly Panasonic.

have the highest amount of High Standby Power?

thanks a lot

Last edited by The_King; 03-03-2013 at 01:29 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #3255

Hi all,

I am looking at ME Starmex inverter system 2. Any good installer to recommend?
Thanks in advance
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.