HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #316
Master Member

do u mean daikin inverter?
i know the first 2 uses Daikin Inverter... not too sure about the third one.
Old 27-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #317
Supremacy Member

i know the first 2 uses Daikin Inverter... not too sure about the third one.
by rite, inverter shld cool faster than non-inverter, since its compressor btu is more powerful than non-inverter. did the 1st 2 cleans its outdoor unit fin? indoor unit filter? these shld be done regularly(at least 2 to 3 weeks for frequent use) to maintain the powerful of aircon..
Old 27-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #318

anyone has insight which is better or tried any and find it good?

Insulation
K Flex
Thermo Flex
Armaflex

Note: Hong Tar only provide therma flex and best tech only provide K Flex.

I am going to take the plunge soon, please help me here.

Thanks!
Old 27-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #319
Supremacy Member

anyone has insight which is better or tried any and find it good?

Insulation
K Flex
Thermo Flex
Armaflex

Note: Hong Tar only provide therma flex and best tech only provide K Flex.

I am going to take the plunge soon, please help me here.

Thanks!
mine(Daikin) from TRENDS HOME ELECTRICAL is using K-Flex..no problem at all.. as long as it is black, than is alrite ba..
Old 28-05-2009, 09:27 AM   #320

mine(Daikin) from TRENDS HOME ELECTRICAL is using K-Flex..no problem at all.. as long as it is black, than is alrite ba..
how thick is yr k-flex, best tech reccomended 3/8 inch
Old 28-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #321
Master Member

I have used Daikin (non-inverter) since 10 years ago and they are very good (normal 26C setting). My current inverter is set to about 25C, but I turn on the fan to circulate the air and to speed up the cooling process. My in-laws have used Daikin too and they are also cool enough (25C) and now I am changing them to the newer R410A after the MUP.
Old 28-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #322
Supremacy Member

how thick is yr k-flex, best tech reccomended 3/8 inch
yes, mine is 3/8. i only c tat number when i remove the trucking cover n c..
Old 28-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #323
Greater Supremacy Member

Finally order my sys4 r410a mitsubish heavy industry inverter from besttech, which is 32k BTU, bigger than 28k BTU starmex and 26K BTU toshiba, that is main reason i choose mitsubish heavy industry.

1) copper 23

2) k-flex class 0 1/2 inchi which is upgrading cost me 200, each FCU 50;

3) 16mm drainage pipe

4) old aircon dismantling and unlimited piping;

5) 5 yrs extrended warranty labour and parts, total cost 3900, if bracket need to change then 150 more, think still ok for me.

So ur guys any comment on MITSUBISHI heavy industry?

One stop of fashion.
Old 28-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #324

yes, mine is 3/8. i only c tat number when i remove the trucking cover n c..
thanks man..cheers!
Old 28-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #325
Master Member

by rite, inverter shld cool faster than non-inverter, since its compressor btu is more powerful than non-inverter. did the 1st 2 cleans its outdoor unit fin? indoor unit filter? these shld be done regularly(at least 2 to 3 weeks for frequent use) to maintain the powerful of aircon..
hm... one's a newly installed (less than 3 months), maybe it's installation problem,

the 2nd one does maintain his air-con periodically including washing outdoor unit; oh btw he sets it to 26°C.
Old 28-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #326
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yo singingbard... suprisingly ur outdoor unit up lorry within 4yrs.. MINE ALSO!.. mine is much more serious than urs....

They mentioned AFM, IPM, Compressor and thermister all gone.

repair cost is $900.. CAN U BELIEVE IT? this fujitsu has been giving me headache ever since the first day of installation.
Old 28-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #327

Non-invertor will cool down faster then invertor as non-invertor will always run @ full load.
Invertor will cool down the room slowly but in terms of temperature comfort, invertor will do a better job.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #328
Master Member

Yo singingbard... suprisingly ur outdoor unit up lorry within 4yrs.. MINE ALSO!.. mine is much more serious than urs....

They mentioned AFM, IPM, Compressor and thermister all gone.

repair cost is $900.. CAN U BELIEVE IT? this fujitsu has been giving me headache ever since the first day of installation.
actually my thermister failed a couple of months earlier. costs me $80 to replace. now the PCB got problem, and somehow the gas doesn't go to one of my blower. GC estimate $400+ to fix it. So i fed up and went to order a new one instead.

including yours, that makes 3 Fujitsu system that I know which gave problems within 5 years!

so you repaired yours? can share your model?
Old 29-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #329
Arch-Supremacy Member

actually my thermister failed a couple of months earlier. costs me $80 to replace. now the PCB got problem, and somehow the gas doesn't go to one of my blower. GC estimate $400+ to fix it. So i fed up and went to order a new one instead.

including yours, that makes 3 Fujitsu system that I know which gave problems within 5 years!

so you repaired yours? can share your model?
My outdoor unit is exactly the same model as yours. and somehow when i started to use this Fujitsu brand..all my trunking are sweating like nobody business.. Its either the insulation they used is crap or the gas escape like nobody business.

i didn't repaired mine.. the quotation they gave me was $900!+ i might as well get a Daikin!
Old 29-05-2009, 01:18 PM   #330
Master Member

My outdoor unit is exactly the same model as yours. and somehow when i started to use this Fujitsu brand..all my trunking are sweating like nobody business.. Its either the insulation they used is crap or the gas escape like nobody business.

i didn't repaired mine.. the quotation they gave me was $900!+ i might as well get a Daikin!
so i see... indeed it is a product issue, too strong a compressor and too small were the blowers that the Cold wasn't efficiently channelled away and so the pipes leading to and away from the blowers are both cold. Condensation on the pipes led to sweating. I was using 1/2 inch insulation yet it didn't help.

so paranonia was i that i asked for 3/4 inch insulation for my next Air-Con to be installed next week.

good thing you didn't repair it... hee
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.