Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceone10

Reaction score
Hi aceone10, i wrote to Kimura via fb and they replied:

"The pan swing is done manually. We have opted out from the auto swing function reason being it has not been feasible for many users and even many brands due to squeaking sound and getting jammed at times furthermore replacing this fins may cost besides the spare part availability.
I believe that you want a wider range of cool air coverage."

so i guess that's a no go :(

oh well.

I guess i'll just stick to MHI :)

So their new stocks had no more horizontal swing features?? So am I lucky or unlucky to have mine with the vertical and horizontal swing?? :s22::s13:

aceone10

Reaction score
I'm in the market looking for a system 3 to install in my current flat. Any recommendations? I see this brand Kimura appearing in this thread, can the users review on this brand?

My budget is about 3k including installation.

Thanks!

See my post no. #4436, I had given some info. but only as a user for nearly 2 months. So far so good. I got it at their promo S$ 2299. if i remember correctly, their retail price was near to 3k.

aceone10

Reaction score
Just purchased from All best the following.
Can anyone advise if the compressor can take the configuration as below?

MXY-4A28VA
MSY-GE10VA x 2
MSY-GE13VA x 1
MSY-GE26VA x 1

kind of weird configuration. just my opinion nia

Jerineng

Reaction score
I tink mi aircon goin to die liao...reali so cheap and gd? Use 2 mths I tink quite hard to tell but it seem u recommend it a lot lei both here and at EDMW i see you post abt this brand and very familiar wif it??? can tell mi this kimura made in wer and wat is the material they use to install for ur $2299 installation? system wat n hw many capacity? got bracket? i tink my bracket oso gone already?

oh n i see got air clean function gd for asthma? your son asthma got improve? my kid got this problem n sometime quite serious de need inhaler....if reali can help it will b gd...but i tot all aircon hv sumting lke tat de.....tis one thicker?

I got friend install a M brand bt not the high end M the M***a brand endup always hv to repair...i tink he giving up soon.....i rem i see frm forum got many pple write b4...why 2 brand price different so big sure got its reason de..

after a bad exp previously for my old aircon now I very worri get wrong aircon again. I read many say material and workmanship is very impt..brand oso some beta lesser prob...TIA...

See my post no. #4436, I had given some info. but only as a user for nearly 2 months. So far so good. I got it at their promo S$ 2299. if i remember correctly, their retail price was near to 3k.

Last edited:

aceone10

Reaction score
I tink mi aircon goin to die liao...reali so cheap and gd? Use 2 mths I tink quite hard to tell but it seem u recommend it a lot lei both here and at EDMW i see you post abt this brand and very familiar wif it??? can tell mi this kimura made in wer and wat is the material they use to install for ur $2299 installation? system wat n hw many capacity? got bracket? i tink my bracket oso gone already?

oh n i see got air clean function gd for asthma? your son asthma got improve? my kid got this problem n sometime quite serious de need inhaler....if reali can help it will b gd...but i tot all aircon hv sumting lke tat de.....tis one thicker?

I got friend install a M brand bt not the high end M the M***a brand endup always hv to repair...i tink he giving up soon.....i rem i see frm forum got many pple write b4...why 2 brand price different so big sure got its reason de..

after a bad exp previously for my old aircon now I very worri get wrong aircon again. I read many say material and workmanship is very impt..brand oso some beta lesser prob...TIA...

I got it from Aircon Design and maybe you should check with them for full detail. My house got aircon ledge so no need bracket. So far no problem from the installation and seriously i also dont know what material they used to install for me.

My son suffer from a bad asthma attack for the first time in February (and he is only 5 years old), so bad that we have to rent the aspirator set from the clinic to put him on the breather for 5 days. Every morning since very young he will wake up sneezing and a bad block nose that sometime he find it hard to breath and start crying.

Since my previous aircon is giving me so much problem, I decided to change until i came across this brand. Maybe out of desperate for my son I decided to try this "kimura" brand bah. So far he had not sneezed that much in the morning and had not complaint about difficulties in breathing for the past 2 months. So i guess the air con function is working fine.

That's all i can share. Think I will stop here about this aircon brand for good or ppl start to think I am selling this brand in this forum.

Jerineng

Reaction score
oic...tot tat u kw and can tell us all more abt tis since got install mabbie u know made wer and more info...tot u can tell us the matl oso coz saw on EDMW u comment abt you got the thicker insulation as a standard recommend by supplier...i tink hor veli danger 2 install and dunno specs...scary...last time mi n hubbie oso like tat...1st time get aircon gong gong kena cheat...endup chia lat lor....wan cheap wan gd endup lke mi hubbie say...pay repair until ka chng break..:( nw finally aircon dying liao can get new set...i got gd mind to be smarter nw n get a gd reputable brand n installer...jin frighten liao.

for mi kid case we use air purifier instead....the sales pple tell us aircon one filter not thick enuf...purifier more effective....ur previous brand daikin? tot daikin is gd coz reputable brand..if change i will consider oso...and i see mani of my friend stay condo all come install with daikin de or misubishi....sorry to hear abt ur kid...hpe he recover..asthma...haiz...sianz...plenty of headache

no lar u share idea mar...dun take it too hard...forum is to share share one...

I got it from Aircon Design and maybe you should check with them for full detail. My house got aircon ledge so no need bracket. So far no problem from the installation and seriously i also dont know what material they used to install for me.

My son suffer from a bad asthma attack for the first time in February (and he is only 5 years old), so bad that we have to rent the aspirator set from the clinic to put him on the breather for 5 days. Every morning since very young he will wake up sneezing and a bad block nose that sometime he find it hard to breath and start crying.

Since my previous aircon is giving me so much problem, I decided to change until i came across this brand. Maybe out of desperate for my son I decided to try this "kimura" brand bah. So far he had not sneezed that much in the morning and had not complaint about difficulties in breathing for the past 2 months. So i guess the air con function is working fine.

That's all i can share. Think I will stop here about this aircon brand for good or ppl start to think I am selling this brand in this forum.

aceone10

Reaction score
oic...tot tat u kw and can tell us all more abt tis since got install mabbie u know made wer and more info...tot u can tell us the matl oso coz saw on EDMW u comment abt you got the thicker insulation as a standard recommend by supplier...i tink hor veli danger 2 install and dunno specs...scary...last time mi n hubbie oso like tat...1st time get aircon gong gong kena cheat...endup chia lat lor....wan cheap wan gd endup lke mi hubbie say...pay repair until ka chng break..:( nw finally aircon dying liao can get new set...i got gd mind to be smarter nw n get a gd reputable brand n installer...jin frighten liao.

for mi kid case we use air purifier instead....the sales pple tell us aircon one filter not thick enuf...purifier more effective....ur previous brand daikin? tot daikin is gd coz reputable brand..if change i will consider oso...and i see mani of my friend stay condo all come install with daikin de or misubishi....sorry to hear abt ur kid...hpe he recover..asthma...haiz...sianz...plenty of headache

no lar u share idea mar...dun take it too hard...forum is to share share one...

Installer is very important. Previously also bought a Toshiba air purifier for my son and within 15 month kabo liao. During those bad haze day, squeezing with my 2 kids in the masterbed room to share 1 aircon and air purifier. Now all my 3 bedrooms aircon got built in air cleaner so much easier. But will still hunt for another air purifier just for standby for my son just in case when haze is back with psi shooting pass 100.

My previous aircon is Daikin, good for a year plus and after that is headache issue. Most annoying is the rumbling noise that just cannot be solved and the condenser keep having a high pitch noise during operation and my neighbour also mentioned to me about some pitch noise at night do not know from where. I diam diam all the way. :o. 1 remote controller spoilt after 1 year. the horizontal flipper in masteroom breaks. The rubber vertical manual flipper became dark moldy and thinner overtime until 2 out of 5 just drop off during operation. the 1 in the last bedroom seldom switched on through out the year yet is the worst of all with the rumbling noise. I have to pick up the TV remote to give it a push then it stopped for a good few minutes and the noise return.

Now I think all brand comes from China bah. Even car also make in Thailand. A jap made car compare to Thai made although under the same brand confirmed there is a different in quality standard. I knew because I car siao also and based on collected user feedbacks from people i know.

Brands nowadays very much depend on marketing and branding. Everyday you hear brand A, see brand A. Overtime, ppl will learn to accept. Just when Samsung first came to the market, everybody avoid. With agressive marketing, Samsung now very well accepted not because they have superior quality but acceptable quality. It was the marketing that sell the brand. I too bought a washing machine back then when the brand is new. At that price back then, it still worth it not because it is fantastic but lasted for 10 years though before I changed to an LG.

Condo in Singapore mostly comes with Mitsubishi and Daikin probably for the same marketing reason bah.

my opinion nia..

Jerineng

Reaction score
To aceone10

Oooo so mean air clean function nt enuf still nd purifier lar....wah yr daikin 1 yr plus spoil so mani tings....either u sibeh suay or ur install one sibeh lousy but u oso strange...why nber call daikin come n check? brand is their one they sure can solve if nt oso tell u why prob. Condenser is the one outside arh? I tot all outside have 5 yr warranty one? why neber get em to chk n let ur aircon spoil? so strange...

i tink not all aircon make in china lar...aiyo china dun mean lousy...not china dun mean gd oso. My misubisi last ard 6-7 yrs then give up liao but i will still get daikin or misubisi or mabbie panasonic if i get new one coz i tink branding is branding but so mani pple use sure got reason de...if reali they so lousy then sooner later nobody buy liao..hw to survive in mkt so long and condo project all gv to them? if all got prob lke ur daikin i tink daikin will kena sue until chia lat long ago finish liao....

aiyo i see we write so long block forum discussion so off topic....lke auntie lke tat both of us...beta dun write liao..wait dio scold waste pple time discuss all the auntie tings....=:p sorrie pple....i beta get bk to my new aircon finding =:p

can some gd pple here recommend me a gd installer? i looking for daikin/misubisi/panasonic sys 3. pm me pls.....TIA.

aceone10

Reaction score
To aceone10

Oooo so mean air clean function nt enuf still nd purifier lar....wah yr daikin 1 yr plus spoil so mani tings....either u sibeh suay or ur install one sibeh lousy but u oso strange...why nber call daikin come n check? brand is their one they sure can solve if nt oso tell u why prob. Condenser is the one outside arh? I tot all outside have 5 yr warranty one? why neber get em to chk n let ur aircon spoil? so strange...

i tink not all aircon make in china lar...aiyo china dun mean lousy...not china dun mean gd oso. My misubisi last ard 6-7 yrs then give up liao but i will still get daikin or misubisi or mabbie panasonic if i get new one coz i tink branding is branding but so mani pple use sure got reason de...if reali they so lousy then sooner later nobody buy liao..hw to survive in mkt so long and condo project all gv to them? if all got prob lke ur daikin i tink daikin will kena sue until chia lat long ago finish liao....

aiyo i see we write so long block forum discussion so off topic....lke auntie lke tat both of us...beta dun write liao..wait dio scold waste pple time discuss all the auntie tings....=:p sorrie pple....i beta get bk to my new aircon finding =:p

can some gd pple here recommend me a gd installer? i looking for daikin/misubisi/panasonic sys 3. pm me

if your read to my post as an ultimate review to my new aircon, is either I just wasted my time or my england is not "powderful" enough.

if I were to write full story to include making calls to serviceman, what was spoken, what and bla bla bla, 3 pages also not enough.

so I will just let this topic rest and I do respect your view.

everyone in read have a goodnite and weekend.

dRu1D

Reaction score
any feedback about ct aircon or stl airconditioning?

they are quoting about 3.6k for sys 4 mitsubishi electric...im getting my keys next month..cheers

ahsiong

Reaction score
hi all,
just stumble upon this thread in HWZ.
so it Terumo the person to ask for quote?
I want to replace my old sys 3 air con for my HDB.
Mine is not concealed piping.
I am looking at budget brand.
recently notice that the brand Midea is quite cheap for their inverter series.

Terumo or anyone can give me some quotes?

nerdy_hippo

Reaction score
hi, i am looking for a sys3 for my hdb flat. could any guru adivse if i shld be getting mitsubishi heavy industries or mitsubishi starmex? Thanks.

Remember

Reaction score
I tink GE13 for master room.
Ge10 for 2 bedrooms.
Ge26 for living room.

Jackpot!!

Wonder if paying 350 more to increase warranty from 1yr to 4yrs is okay? I think it's All Best in house warranty instead of by Mitsubishi themselves.

terumo

Reaction score
To nerdy_hippo,
Take Mit Electric (IMO)

To Remember,
It should be the installer warranty instead of the agent warranty for the extended warranty.

tanjw369

Reaction score
To nerdy_hippo,
Take Mit Electric (IMO)

To Remember,
It should be the installer warranty instead of the agent warranty for the extended warranty.

I think All Best is offering $350 for their extended installer warranty which will be covered by All Best themselves.

Anyone has any idea if Toshiba air-con is good?
All Best Tampines Mall's Bernard keep recommend me to take the System 4 at $3999 (not including extended warranty)

Is Toshiba a good air-con as heard from Bernard that it is very cost-saving compared to even Mitsubishi??

Jazz15RS

Reaction score
Guys..looking at 3+1 systems (3 bedrooms 1 living room....any recommendation? Only LG have black unit??

Readup abit most recommend mhi...hw much is that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.