Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any comment about the insulation thickness 1/2 compare to 3/4 inch?
some shops people told me is kind of wasting money and too kaisu going for 3/4 inch, manufacturer spec is 3/8, going 1/2 already over spec. why still want go for 3/4 so thick?
the aircon technician even tell me frankly said i'm just letting they making more money from me and ended with a big thick ugly PVC trunking. :s22:
is using 3/4 inch too kaisu? :s11:

tormont

Reaction score
recently my hse aircon breakdown..... now i'm looking for sys of 3, best with inverter. I asked a aircon contractor abt the brand to buy... and he quoted me panasonic... but he has yet to quote me the price....

cld any1 recommend me the model for panasonic? or any other reliable brand.... plus could any1 pls also kindly state abt the estimated price on the aircon, especially panasonic. Thnx alot.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any comment about the insulation thickness 1/2 compare to 3/4 inch?
some shops people told me is kind of wasting money and too kaisu going for 3/4 inch, manufacturer spec is 3/8, going 1/2 already over spec. why still want go for 3/4 so thick?
the aircon technician even tell me frankly said i'm just letting they making more money from me and ended with a big thick ugly PVC trunking. :s22:
is using 3/4 inch too kaisu? :s11:
to wat i tink, 3/4 is too kaisu liao.. by default, as wat manufacturer spec, 3/8 is gd enough. if scare abit, 1/2 is more than enough liao..

unless u wan a frezzer-like room? :s13:

terumo

Reaction score
3/8 insulation is enough for HDB. 1/2 is for commerical and pte apartments concealed piping. HDB don't have concealed piping so 3/8 is enough.
3/4 i think, not many or even no one uses it for installation.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recently my hse aircon breakdown..... now i'm looking for sys of 3, best with inverter. I asked a aircon contractor abt the brand to buy... and he quoted me panasonic... but he has yet to quote me the price....

cld any1 recommend me the model for panasonic? or any other reliable brand.... plus could any1 pls also kindly state abt the estimated price on the aircon, especially panasonic. Thnx alot.
47041827.jpg

compare them yourself.
i aiming the panasonic too..newer model and seems like with the latest inverter technology.

http://coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/products/products_details.asp?id=2495

the model is Panasonic CU-3S27JKZ / CS-S9JKZW X 3 8,530Btu/hr
Gain City $2799 with GST
cheapest quotation from the amk shop EverJoint, around 2.5k with G23 copper pipe and 3/8'' armaflex.
want thicker need to top up $$.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3/8 insulation is enough for HDB. 1/2 is for commerical and pte apartments concealed piping. HDB don't have concealed piping so 3/8 is enough.
3/4 i think, not many or even no one uses it for installation.
how about fire retardant?

for HDB worth to pay the extra for class 1 to class 0?

the copper piping from G23 to G22 should worth the extra $$ ba? :o

thank.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about fire retardant?

for HDB worth to pay the extra for class 1 to class 0?

the copper piping from G23 to G22 should worth the extra $$ ba? :o

thank.
jus care abt the thickness can liao la..

unless u r using inverter, than worth it. for non-inverter, not worth lor..

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw anyone knows where can i get insulation tape?

cos some part wil hav some small water vapour. so wanna patch it up.. best if can buy it online.

thanks!

terumo

Reaction score
Copper piping, G23 is good enough for hdb or condo. Suitable for R22 or R410 gas systems. G22 is for commerical usage. Upgrade to G22 is like paying for something you don't need in the first place.

guesswho80

Reaction score
Is SWG23 copper pipe good? How about Gaincity standard insulation good? Do i need to upgrade my insulation tubes to Armaflex?

guesswho80

Reaction score
Yupp, think Toshiba prices went up, i bought system 3 non inverter at 1850 3weeks ago and apprantly it went up to slightly more than 2k.

Mmmm is ur order RAS3M20S2AX-3XRASM10SKPX 3 ticks? U bought is cheap $1850 u install what type of piping? I dunno whether I should upgrade the pipes and the insulation? I am given SWG23 copper pipe is it gd? Do u still have the salesman contact number? Thanks.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is SWG23 copper pipe good? How about Gaincity standard insulation good? Do i need to upgrade my insulation tubes to Armaflex?
as previous post, grade 23 is already gd enough. but if u hav spare money nth to spend, than upgrade to 22 lor. :s13:

wat was the default insulation tat was actually?

guesswho80

Reaction score
as previous post, grade 23 is already gd enough. but if u hav spare money nth to spend, than upgrade to 22 lor. :s13:

wat was the default insulation tat was actually?

I forgot to ask but i have a list of installation material checklist which states that the insulations got 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 16mm PVC Drainage Pipes so I dunno should i call gaincity to ask. Sorry very noob on this. By the way is Armaflex better?

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Mmmm is ur order RAS3M20S2AX-3XRASM10SKPX 3 ticks? U bought is cheap $1850 u install what type of piping? I dunno whether I should upgrade the pipes and the insulation? I am given SWG23 copper pipe is it gd? Do u still have the salesman contact number? Thanks.

Ya its this model. Don't have the saleman name now. Its at home and I am outstation currently. Default piping and insulation. But I think when they bring here I saw armaflex. Non inverter default should be good enough ba.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask but i have a list of installation material checklist which states that the insulations got 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 16mm PVC Drainage Pipes so I dunno should i call gaincity to ask. Sorry very noob on this. By the way is Armaflex better?
default installation, 3/8 is already enough. unless the trucking is in the wall or false ceiling, than abit thicker wil be ok liao.

Armaflex is gd for insulation. so far for mine, which is k-flex, no problem at all..

guesswho80

Reaction score
Ya its this model. Don't have the saleman name now. Its at home and I am outstation currently. Default piping and insulation. But I think when they bring here I saw armaflex. Non inverter default should be good enough ba.

Oh coz that time i remember that is one older aircon system which is also 3 ticks. I think u have a good bargain so urs is default piping and insulation, you never upgrade? U sure default insulation is armaflex? What size it gives u?

guesswho80

Reaction score
default installation, 3/8 is already enough. unless the trucking is in the wall or false ceiling, than abit thicker wil be ok liao.

Armaflex is gd for insulation. so far for mine, which is k-flex, no problem at all..

I went to Toshiba website see they mentioned Totalline so wonder will Gaincity provide Totalline copper pipes for Toshiba aircon installation?

guesswho80

Reaction score

Oh coz that time i remember that is one older aircon system which is also 3 ticks. I think u have a good bargain so urs is default piping and insulation, you never upgrade? U sure default insulation is armaflex? What size it gives u?

guesswho80

Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.