HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #3451

Hi guru:

I am staying in condo. And current air cons system is about ten years old already.
All pipes are concealed inside false walls and ceilings.

So other than pipe installation cost, the rest of daikin is quoted at fair price?

I was told by other dealer selling both daikin and me that me latest r410 system could use back the existing r22pipes, however only me can do and daikin can't.

Have u ever heard of such thing?
There are a few thing to consider...

1. Are the old pipe correct size for the new system. If not, change to new pipe.

2. Are there any old R22 refrigerant oil traps in the old pipe? You will damage your new aircon if the old R22 refrigerant oil mixed into your new aircon running on R410 refrigerant.

3. Will Daikin VOID your warranty if their technician found out the new compressor is damage by old R22 oil because you never change the pipe.
Old 27-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #3452

This is a grey area for the reusing back of piping.

I feel that if correct installation steps are taken, the pipes can be reused if there are no leaking issues.

Need to vacuum the gas pipes before testing & commissioning which is an important step of the process.
Old 28-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #3453

Hi all we are from Combine Trading Enterprise Pte Ltd & are new to hardwarezone but just want to offer you guys $15.00 per fan coil servicing! T & C applies

Job scope during servicing :
1. Cleaning & washing of filters
2. Clean & check evaporator and condenser coil
3. Clean blower and fan blades
4. Vaccuming of drainage pipe
5. Check abnormal noise and vibration
6. Visual check of refrigerant pressure
7. Tightening of electrical terminals
8. Cleaning of fan coil and condenser unit housing
9. Testing & commissioning

Stretch your dollar!!
Call us now @ 6788 2216(office hour) or 9880 9808(after office hour) to make your appointment with us! or like us on Facebook to get access to regular offers and promotions!
Old 28-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #3454

Thanks for all your inputs.
Think I will stick to daikin r22 systems as I don't want to take the risk and complication of reusing the r22 pipes for a different refrigerant.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #3455

how about sharp airconditoner...?

Sharp system 3 inverter airconditioner offer price $2199 at gain city..
Anybody got experience using on Sharp airconitioner
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #3456
Supremacy Member

Been told that installing aircon on utility room is illegal by Courts. Is this true? Moving into a new flat, there's a aircon there already bit spoiled. Only want to install the air con unit, the compressor will be outside MBR.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #3457
Suspended

Hi Masharno Wolfe,

Believe the utility room you are referring to is the hdb housing shelter?
If it is the case then yup it's illegal but since there is an existing aircon there then maybe u can try to nego with them I supposed.

See link below:

http://http://www.scdf.gov.sg/conten...-shelters.html

Hope the above info helps

Been told that installing aircon on utility room is illegal by Courts. Is this true? Moving into a new flat, there's a aircon there already bit spoiled. Only want to install the air con unit, the compressor will be outside MBR.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #3458
Supremacy Member

just went to gain city.

Now Daikin $869 is cheaper then panasonic $879 for system 1 inverter.

my plan is to get 2 system 1 panasonic (it was a $200 different 6 month ago) and use the spare money to upgrade exten warranty and better pipe.

maybe now it Daikin.

anyone why Daikin come cheaper then panasonic
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #3459
Supremacy Member

Hi Masharno Wolfe,

Believe the utility room you are referring to is the hdb housing shelter?
If it is the case then yup it's illegal but since there is an existing aircon there then maybe u can try to nego with them I supposed.

See link below:

http://http://www.scdf.gov.sg/conten...-shelters.html

Hope the above info helps
The utility room is one added during an upgrading project, its like a tiny tiny bedroom with windows. Looking at the floorplan there aren't any thick black lines around the room.

In any case if end up not able to get the aircon unit on the wall, apparently casement units are okay so I'll have to go with that. Only concern is if its going to be noisy or not, seems like there's only one model of casement unit available (europace)
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #3460

Dear All,

Did anybody purchased from CT Aircon before. How is their service and installation.

I called them today for System 3 Aircon

Starmax -- 2890$ (Inclusive of Gst + Installation )
Heavy Industries -- 2695$ ( Inclusive of Gst + Installation )

The prices are very less compared to other ..
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #3461

Mit Electric $2890 around market rate.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #3462

comparing sys 3 air con

been to besttech today and was recommended york and mitsu air con instead of panasonic.

and was quoted sys tem 3
york: 2499
mitsubishi heavy: 2799
panasonic: 2699

price inclusive of piping etc.

requirement for air con:
1. 3 x 9k btu aircon
2. operating a pet grooming salon thus would to an air con that can remove bad smell in the air and need to on the air con to remove the pet odor and smell in the shop

please recommend which brand and which model is more suitable for my usage?
Old 06-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #3463

To kelvin_som,

I think no aircon can remove the smell from the room. (IMO)
The smell will just be thrown around the room.
U can try to input a fresh air fan to input some fresh air from external sources and a small vent for air to escape.
This might help.
maxicoolservices likes this.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #3464

Hello all,

My aircon has been dead over a decade, but finally decided to get a new system 3 inverter!

Problem is, I'm not sure which one to get, anyone has any good recommendation?

Plus the wiring in my house is really old, my HDB hasn't been renovated since we moved in 25years ago. The salesman at Gaincity was telling us if thats the case, MHI is definitely out because they require higher voltage or something.

What should I look out for when getting my inverter system 3? and price range any thing thing else that I have to add into the cost? I've been down to the showrooms, all the compressors look damn big! is there a size limit or something for HDB flats?

And usually how long does it take from purchasing the aircon to getting it installed? can they do it the same weekend?

Cheers!
Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #3465

So I just saw terumo's airconguru blogspot. Thanks for taking time to explain to us all the information we need there! was really helpful.

I saw that you recommended Daikin, Mitsubishi and Panasonic inverters. Fortunately, or unfortunately, those are also the 3 I am looking at and can't decide between.

What should I consider between the 3 to make my final decision? [Actually leaning more towards Daikin and Panasonic]
Are there any restrictions as I mentioned I live in a 25yr old 5-rm HDB that has never been renovated nor rewired.

I saw a lot of people recommend getting from gain city as they do very good installation. PC show... no promo la hor! hahahaha ;P
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.