HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #3466

Go with ur heart and choose 1 of the brands which u prefer most.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #3467

Finally decide to go for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries system 3 !!

SCM60/ 3 x SRK25

Any Mitsubishi heavy industry user here? Mind to share how good is it?

Actually my wife and i decide to go GC for our aircon. But the salesperson at Best Tech really impress both my wife and i. I read some negative feedback about this company before but the salesperson, Ken really so helpful and knowledgeable in term of explaining the running of piping and run through the floor plan with us.

After a chit chat with him realize that he is not a indoor salesperson. He is a outdoor salesperson. He just happen to be drop by at IMM outlet on the day we purchased No wonder he is so familiar with the floor plan stuff and even pass us his mobile no to let us contact him when we need him to come down for some site view as we have a built in wardrobe in MBR which might block the way of the piping.

After compare few brand, realize that Mitsubishi Heavy Industry is the most power saving aircon in the market now. So we happily go for it.

But we have a headache now.. He offer us 2 type of insulation which is YAMATO and K-Flex class "0"... According to him, YAMATO is much more better as the insulation is largely use at JAPAN and big project such as landed and condo at singapore. I went back and check with one of my friend who run a construction company, he told me that he did saw some project is using this YAMATO piping. But not sure how good it is...

Anyone ever use this YAMATO insulation and any feedback on it?? I Need to decide which one to use before the installation date..
Old 08-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #3468
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys,
my family will be installing aircon for the first time in our lives.

We're looking to cool our 3 bedrooms. Ours is a 5room flat.
So we're probably looking at a 3system inverter.
Reading through the thread i guess i should go for Mitsubishi Heavy Industries? We dont want to exceed 3k. Fixed at 3K inclusive of misc fees like installation gst etc. Any recommendations?

Just a couple of questions. For a flat that has never had aircon before, will the installers drill the holes through the walls and install the piping for you or i must call my own contractor to drill the holes?

Will the installers charge me extra for all that drilling and also the mounting for that huge condenser thing that i see hanging outside peoples flats?

Ive seen some conflicting reviews especially on renotalk about Gaincity but it seems quite positive here on HWZ. Should i save myself the hassle of going to smaller installers and just purchase from gaincity?

Advice much appreciated. Thank you!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #3469

been using Gaincity pass 3 air-con system, so far so good.
3rd air-con not cool after 1 years, within warranty, changed PCB board, no charges.
will chose installer 1st then brand to use.
2cents
Old 08-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #3470

To melankholy,
$3k can get you a Mit Electric or Daikin inverter sys 3 already.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #3471

To xtream,

They duh have Armaflex?
Mind sharing how much you paid for your MHI sys 3?

Last edited by terumo; 08-06-2013 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #3472

To xtream,

They duh have Armaflex?
Mind sharing how much you paid for your MHI sys 3?
They have armaflex. But the salesperson advise me to go for YAMATO.
He never really force me la... he say let me choose... If don't want Armaflex, i can also opt for the K-flex...

But the surface feel between the YAMATO with K-flex and Armaflex really difference.. That's why i headache now.. YAMATO doesn't feel like a foam... It really much more solid.. But not sure how durable it is as i nv heard or see anyone use it b4.

I pay $2799 for the MHI sys 3. And enjoy free upgrade to YAMATO if i want to because they are having a promotion. And he also told me if without promotion this YAMATO is selling about $200++ - $300++..

Terumo guru, mind to share if u ever heard about this YAMATO before?? And is this price reasonable? Not really go around and check after purchased since the salesperson is so friendly.

Last edited by xtream; 08-06-2013 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 09-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #3473
Arch-Supremacy Member

Moved back here, and I have this faulty System 3, and would like to just fix 1 room.

So is a 9K BTU Single Unit (Inverter / Non-Inverter) sufficient for a normal HDB bedroom?

Also, to cut cost, I hope that the piping can be reused, is there a way to ascertain this before purchasing?

Lastly, is Gain City okay?

I thought of getting this - http://www.courts.com.sg/Products/PI...S9A09CRQC2-9A5. But I noticed it says this "TRANSPARENT WATER LEVEL INDICATOR: Allows quick check on the water level without removing the water tank". What is this?

Thank you ~

Last edited by LesPaulSG; 10-06-2013 at 12:03 AM..
Old 10-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #3474
Arch-Supremacy Member

The specs could be errors in editing, I think ~
Old 10-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #3475

I bought MHI system 2 (SCM45 + 2x SRK25ZJ-S), one for my mom's room, the other for mine. Has been 1.5 years, and still works splendidly.

Really quiet, and cools well. As for energy consumption, hmmm maybe I should go ask my mom how the bills has been recently, since I've been turning them on almost every night this past few months.

The only irritating thing about Gain City's installers is that they never wrap the outdoor insulation with aluminum foil, and the insulation is now like peeling and deteriorating, due to exposure to the weather, I believe.

For my upcoming house, I used to want to get MHI from Best Tech, and yeah, Ken is pretty good on his service.

However, after talking to the manager at Creation last Saturday, I think I will buy from them, because:
1) Cheaper (around 3500 for Mitsubishi Electric Sys 4)
2) They wrap the insulation with aluminum
3) From year 2 onwards, you pay $252 annually for a Sys 4, for 3 visits, and this also covers all parts (including circuit board), labour, transport if anything breaks down

Not bad I feel, unless I'm missing something...
Old 10-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #3476

Fair quote ?

Hi all

need your help to see if the quote is alright and if i need to admend / add other things

Daikin inverter R410A : 3MKS71 + FTKS25 x 3
SWG 22
1/2" Armaflex class 1
16mm uPVC drain pipe with 1/4" insulation
local brand cable
$3.2k

thanks
Old 10-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #3477

Anyone use midea? System 1 ..ok from courts??
Old 10-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #3478

My aircon in my HDB also just broke down... I'm thinking to change it to Mitsubishi Electric Inverter...

Anyone has any idea on the best place to purchase it ? Gain City promo $Mitsubishi Electric Inverter MSY-GW10VA (indoor) MXY-3A28VA (outdoor) $3,149.00 $150.00 (bracket) $3,299.00
Old 10-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #3479

To daveha,
ME inv sys 3 for $3149? Is it including any extended warranty? This price seems a bit high for just basic installation.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #3480

to xstream,

Yamato should be brands that they directly import in.
Most aircon materials shop sells armaflex and thermaflex. These are the commonly used brands.
K-Flex etc are used by a selected few companies which i think they import directly.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.