Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsme220

Reaction score
Any one interested Mitsubishi Starmex Aircon? Pool together and buy.. If interested PM me.

. I am thinking of pooling together and negotiate. All transparent no personal commision or benefit involved. We ask for open quotation who ever offer best offer we close. You are free to bring quote from any of your sources.

I am looking at the following

Mitsubishi Starmex Air-con (For me Sys 3) your needs may vary Sys 2 or Sys 4
Install
Installation Warranty (Want 5 years, need 3 years)
Air-Con Warranty (5 Years)
Compressor Warranty(5 years)
No transportation, no charges for installation and repair during warranty
Installation material. SWG 23 copper, 1/2" Insulator, 3C40/70 cables etc

(Optional) Steel bracket
(Optional) Power point installation

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Back with some quotations from IMM for Mitsubishi Electric Starmex System 3 inverter
My house is an old one so i was told that i need to install 15A Socket, and also Steel Bracket for my compressor.

I asked for Mitsubishi Starmex and 2 shops told me that its a 7 year old model. Is this true?

Gaincity - $3853 with supposedly 5 year warranty on compressor and misc
Allbest - $3349
Best Denki - $3299

Is gaincity trying to rip me off? The base price for the system is $3229 then plus this la that la. Comes up to the above price. Feel like i should make a trip to STLaircon and Coolserve.

Also, are the above price range normal for a house with no air con previously thus needed a fresh installation plus bracket and 15a socket.

The best Denki guy also mentioned that I cant turn on 3 blowers at one time because the compressor cant cope with 3x9000 BTU blowers running at one shot. He recommeneded me Daikin ** series instead.

Any kind souls can share their thoughts would be great. Im trying to get the air con in asap. Many Thanks!

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Back with some quotations from IMM for Mitsubishi Electric Starmex System 3 inverter
My house is an old one so i was told that i need to install 15A Socket, and also Steel Bracket for my compressor.

I asked for Mitsubishi Starmex and 2 shops told me that its a 7 year old model. Is this true?

Allbest - $3349
Best Denki - $3299

Is gaincity trying to rip me off? The base price for the system is $3229 then plus this la that la. Comes up to the above price. Feel like i should make a trip to STLaircon and Coolserve.

Also, are the above price range normal for a house with no air con previously thus needed a fresh installation plus bracket and 15a socket.

The best Denki guy also mentioned that I cant turn on 3 blowers at one time because the compressor cant cope with 3x9000 BTU blowers running at one shot. He recommeneded me Daikin ** series instead.

Any kind souls can share their thoughts would be great. Im trying to get the air con in asap. Many Thanks!

Gc is too much..

itsme220

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Allbest - $3349
Best Denki - $3299

Here is the standard charges quoted by everyone

PowerPoint: $250
Stain Steel Bracket : $150

Extended warranty 1+ 4 (Include Fan coil and compressor)= $300 (Some (like GC, Courts) covers part of package some additional cost, some do not offer)
Installation warranty part of package( 3 years to 5 years)

Another important factor to be considered is installation time: Typically 1 month delay by the time Hot whether for this year will be over.

Need to negotiate : No transportation / Diagnostics charges
Support Time: Can they fix with in 72 working hours solve the problem or drag drag no spare-parts for 1 or 2 months.

I called some of the contractors directly for power point, I was quoted $150. Is this covers only Power point for Compressor or Include all Fan coil which is not sure.

Hope some deal out soon..

Andrewccs

Reaction score
Hi AC Experts ,

Appreciated valueable input from your all :

I am new for this forum; I am planning to buy new Air con system 3 inverter for my HDB float (4 Bedrooms). Which brand is best? What is min requirement BTU for master room , and 2 common, is there total 27k BTU enough? energy saving and reliable for long term use.

Main Room : 3100 x 3500
Bed Room 2 :3750 x 3500
Bed Room : 3750 x 3400

This unit I bought from resale market, previous owner install the compressor in the house balcony is because rule of HDB is not allow at that period. But recently HDB is allow this area to install compressor at outside So that I request previous owner to dismantle their old air con before I moving. finally he dismantle all ( include the piping as well ).

My Budget is 3k around which I can pay by installment, appreciated anyone can recommend value air con seller except GC.

Rgds

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi AC Experts ,

Appreciated valueable input from your all :

I am new for this forum; I am planning to buy new Air con system 3 inverter for my HDB float (4 Bedrooms). Which brand is best? What is min requirement BTU for master room , and 2 common, is there total 27k BTU enough? energy saving and reliable for long term use.

Main Room : 3100 x 3500
Bed Room 2 :3750 x 3500
Bed Room : 3750 x 3400

This unit I bought from resale market, previous owner install the compressor in the house balcony is because rule of HDB is not allow at that period. But recently HDB is allow this area to install compressor at outside So that I request previous owner to dismantle their old air con before I moving. finally he dismantle all ( include the piping as well ).

My Budget is 3k around which I can pay by installment, appreciated anyone can recommend value air con seller except GC.

Rgds
http://www.wokeehong.com.sg/aircon_cc_calculator.html

terumo

Reaction score
To melankholy,

Mit Electric outdoor unit is 27k btu, so even if u on all 3 9k units, the btu is sufficient to power all 3 9k btu fcu.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo,

Thanks for your input. Is it true that the Starmex Units being sold at retailers are 7 years old design?

Andrewccs

Reaction score
Hi Terumo Guru,

I'm in the market looking for a system 3 to install in my current flat ( 3 bedroom ). but dun know which brand shall i choose which my budget around 3k with include installation, Any recommendations or any introduce aircon seller? if possible can i PM you? Thanks

i have some noob question which need your value input :

1- Wat is the term of outdoor unit and wat is the BTU
2- Wat is the term of fancoil unit and wat is the BTU, is outdoor unit BTU shall match with the fancoil BTU? can i said that Outdoor unit BTU equal to Fancoil unit BTU?
3-Wat is the min BTU for each 3 room?

Rgds

terumo

Reaction score
To melankholy,

Yes, this model been ard for quite long.
So is Daikin model.
No issues abt it.

jonchar

Reaction score
Thanks all for this informative thread.

To Terumo and all, appreciate if you can give your 2 cents on my situation.

I have an old HDB Terrace at Stirling Road with a big living room downstairs and 3 bedroom upstairs. Inherited this current aircon system from previous owner. Currently a system 2 (8k BTU for both) for the living room downstairs and the Master bedroom upstairs. The other 2 bedrooms are on individual window units.

Usage during day is master bedroom and living room and at night, is all three bedrooms.

Problem: The old system 2 aircon is not sufficient to cool the big living room downstairs so I thought of replacing it totally. I have 3 options, appreciate all helps and comments:

Option 1: Install a separate and new system 1 unit downstairs to add on to the current configuration. Ie, switching on current system 2 and then this new system 1 just to cool the living room every time I need.

Option 2: Replace the old System 2 to a new System 2 with the living room unit a much higher BTU.

Option 3: Replace all the aircon in the living room and 3 bedrooms with a new System 4. Highest cost but likely the highest energy efficiency.

Can anyone share their thoughts with me on which is the most preferred option among all 3?
Also, with option 2 and 3, to replace the system 2, can I use back old wiring and piping or have to install new ones?

Thank you all!

Can anyone please help with the above questions of mine?

Thanks.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can i know is it recommended to wrap aluminium fold on air conditioning (condenser)insulation (the black part)

LLiipp

Reaction score
can i know is it recommended to wrap aluminium fold on air conditioning (condenser)insulation (the black part)

What does this do ?
1) reflect heat to reduce heat transfer to refrigerant pipe ?
2) avoid corrosion of the insulation ? U see all the old buildings the insulation hardens and drop off due to weather.

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What does this do ?
1) reflect heat to reduce heat transfer to refrigerant pipe ?
2) avoid corrosion of the insulation ? U see all the old buildings the insulation hardens and drop off due to weather.

no idea, hoping the pro here will advise me

terumo

Reaction score
To The_King,

I think its more for visual purposes... :)
Insulation is more to minimize condensation @ indoor areas.

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just recently ordered a Panasonic System 3 Inverter system for my new place.

Compressor: CU3S27MKZ
FCU 9K x 2: CS-S9PKZW
FCU 12K x 1: CS-S12PKZW

Details: Armaflex 1/2 Inches Class 1 Insulation / G23 Copper Pipe/ 16mm drainage PVC pipe/ Singapore Made Premium Grade Control Wiring (Sigma)

Total: $2,799 + $150 for SS bracket.

Sounds ok?

AirProjectServices

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Details: Armaflex 1/2 Inches Class 1 Insulation / G23 Copper Pipe/ 16mm drainage PVC pipe/ Singapore Made Premium Grade Control Wiring (Sigma)

10 Things You Should Know Before Buying an Air-Conditioner ...
look for this website .:)

aLpHa-Ev7

Reaction score
Hi guys,

10 Things You Should Know Before Buying an Air-Conditioner ...
look for this website .:)

Provide the link? Anything related to my purchase?

I have read quite a bit of feedback on forums and some websites.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Provide the link? Anything related to my purchase?

I have read quite a bit of feedback on forums and some websites.

Alpha mind sharing where you ordered? Think your needs match mine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.