HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #3556

I had my aircon installed with Allbest in year 2007..and lotsa problem after that...

really All the Best sia....
bro. what problem did u encounter?
Old 24-06-2013, 01:41 AM   #3557
Supremacy Member

Hi guys really need help. My house has a super old aircon that are no longer working and now my parents are going to install new aircon so just looking around.

After reading tens of pages and my own research, seems like mitsu is not that reliable and many people has complain of it after like 3-5 years so I decided that maybe Daikin/Toshiba is the way to go as many people has good after sales experience &/or a longer lifespan.

Can someone recommend me which brand and model should I go for (if got better recommendation then daikin/toshiba also can)? My house is the very old 3A Room HDB, basically those old 3rm at corner house. So is only 2 rooms + 1 room that was build during HDB upgrade, super small and also happen to be my room =(
My family only switch on the aircon at night when we sleep so probably 8 hour usage per day.

And if daikin is what I can go ahead with, can someone recommend a good company I can go to with good installation?

Thanks a million in advance!!!

Last edited by dragonbryan; 24-06-2013 at 01:47 AM..
Old 24-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #3558
Arch-Supremacy Member

bro. what problem did u encounter?
installation prob, electrical wire seems to be shorted and my study room unit will auto on when switch on aircon in other room. and the worst thing is, all my trunking is hidden in my wardrobe, so, it cannot be fixed unless I tear down my wardrobe. so LL, I permanently disabled my study room unit. this happened within 3 years, and I seldom use my aircon even.

3 months later, my master room unit also shorted. and temporary, I have to run electrical wire outside for the master room unit..

I was using SHARP, and SHARP aircon is good, but the installers (ALL THE BEST) sucks big time.
or maybe only that particular msian pair didn't do a good job...but ALL Best should have been responsible for the electrical problem.

PS: call all best, technician came and stay this is installer problem and warranty only 1 year. so I called my reno's contact for aircon and the new guy was helping for all the problem.

I will be revamping my aircon in 1 or 2 years time...also trying to look for a good installer..
Old 24-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #3559
Great Supremacy Member

I went to Gain City and Courts yesterday to look at one Panasonic model.

Gain City - cheaper by $200 (includes 5 year warranty, free installation, $120 bracket)

Courts - expensive by $200 (includes 5 year warranty, free installation, $130 bracket)

Any catch/hidden costs here?
Old 24-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #3560
Great Supremacy Member

The senior sales guy from Courts recommended us Fujitsu over Panasonic models. Both are system 2 inverters models.

Any comments?
Old 24-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #3561
Arch-Supremacy Member

To ralliart_ray,

Based on ur usage, sys 4 should be better for u.
Since u duh on all 4 @ the same time.
terumo, I am going to collect my HDB 4 room flat keys next week. Intending to shop for A/C this weekend. Any recommendation for the brand? or where to get from? For Sys 4 inverter.
Old 24-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #3562

Dear all,i intend to install system 2 air con for my 15 years old house, 2 air con with 1 compressor, which brand and which model is good now? I go to courts and the staff there recommend me Fujitsu inverter.

My main concern would be power consumption and durability...
Old 24-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #3563

Hi guys really need help. My house has a super old aircon that are no longer working and now my parents are going to install new aircon so just looking around.

After reading tens of pages and my own research, seems like mitsu is not that reliable and many people has complain of it after like 3-5 years so I decided that maybe Daikin/Toshiba is the way to go as many people has good after sales experience &/or a longer lifespan.

Can someone recommend me which brand and model should I go for (if got better recommendation then daikin/toshiba also can)? My house is the very old 3A Room HDB, basically those old 3rm at corner house. So is only 2 rooms + 1 room that was build during HDB upgrade, super small and also happen to be my room =(
My family only switch on the aircon at night when we sleep so probably 8 hour usage per day.

And if daikin is what I can go ahead with, can someone recommend a good company I can go to with good installation?

Thanks a million in advance!!!

I was considering between Panasonic, Mitsubishi and toshiba but eventually chose toshiba as its the only one still made in Japan ( at least the compressor is) and they are the pioneer in inverter technology. The price is also the same as starmex plus they give 12k and 2x 9k blower where as starmex for this price is 3 x 9k blower.

Another factor is the energy consumption for toshiba is lower among the 3 brands I mentioned.
Old 24-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #3564
Supremacy Member

For living room size 4mx5m,do l need 12k or 18k btu fcu?

Was quoted 3.1k for Daikin inverter 25k btu CU and 1x18k and 2x9k btu FCU. Is it reasonable? Tks
Bro care to share where you got your quotes from and which model are they?
Old 24-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #3565
Supremacy Member

I was considering between Panasonic, Mitsubishi and toshiba but eventually chose toshiba as its the only one still made in Japan ( at least the compressor is) and they are the pioneer in inverter technology. The price is also the same as starmex plus they give 12k and 2x 9k blower where as starmex for this price is 3 x 9k blower.

Another factor is the energy consumption for toshiba is lower among the 3 brands I mentioned.

Thanks for the info bro, care to share what was the price you paid and the model?
Old 24-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #3566

Thanks for the info bro, care to share what was the price you paid and the model?
The model is RAS3M20SACV and its going for 3000 for system 3 including installation and 5 year installing warranty. I paid an extra 299 for 5 year parts and labour warranty.
Old 24-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #3567

To DingDang51,

Living room requires 12k btu based on ur measurements.
thanks, terumo. i got a contractor down for site survey and was recommended 18k btu, think i will get them to revise

Could you kindly advise if the below quote is considered reasonable?

Daikin 3MKS71 + FTKS25 x 2 + FTKS50 x 1 $4088
incl. G23 copper pipe + armaflex 3/8'' thick insulation
16mm uPVC drain pipe with 1/4'' thick insulation
local brand cable
stainless steel bracket

If I change to 12k BTU for the 1 FCU but everything else above remains the same, what should the price range I should expect?

this is my first time installing aircon, so totally noob

Last edited by DingDang51; 25-06-2013 at 11:08 PM..
Old 24-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #3568
Supremacy Member

Argh shlt, my parents go and anyhow engage a company to do already. Anyone heard of this C.R. Private Limited? Any feedback on this company?
Old 24-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #3569
Supremacy Member

AC Thread

Hi,

I would like to ask whether I should go for system 3 or sytem 4 based on the following layout.

Is the following btu sufficient for the attached layout?

Master and Bedroom 2 - 9,000 Btu each

Bedroom 3 and living room (as the wall between them has been removed) - 2 x 12, 000 btu or 24,000 btu.

The hdb is about 25 years so not eligible for 2 CU configuration. (I heard)

Which brand is better ? (Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic)

Any ac contractors to introduce? ( I read through saw G...C..., N...C.., H...T..., any more?)

Appreciate your advise and ps for the multiple qn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Room Layout.jpg (22.4 KB, 28 views)

Tracy Annabelle
(From Tracy-sprees)[/COLOR]

[url="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-bazaar-308/wts-chromehearts-lv-cdg-prada-gucci-h-m-sunglasses-other-branded-4654486.html#post85232092"] WTS ChromeHearts,LV,CDG,Prada,Gucci,H&M,Sunglasses & other branded [/url]

[url="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/mass-order-corner-251/zipia-mo-never-ending-closes-every-sunday-weekly-3113689.html"] Zipia MO 125 [/url]

[URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hobbyists-bazaar-280/wts-fate-miku-k-gumako-codegeass-gintama-brs-etc-4353458.html"]WTS Fate/Miku/K-on!/Gumako/CodeGeass/Gintama/BRS and other figurines! [/URL]

* No longer doing massorder or sprees *
Old 25-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #3570

Okay, so I had my aircon installed by GainCity on wed.
Sys3 Mitsubishi Starmex.
But 1 aircon blows room temperature air! (

It occassionally blows cold air, but day time it blows room temperature air. I can have it on in the evening, sleep with cold air, but around 11am it will start blowing warm air all afternoon.

GainCity sent their technicians down at 5pm. They checked that only 1 blower was blowing warm air. N checked for gas.
Said there's no prob with the gas n told me I have to get Mitsubishi electricians down instead to check the blower.
I asked if it could be a leak, the guy said if leak, all 3 would be blowing warm air and not just one.

What do u think it is aircon guru?
damn sad... Jin suay.
in regard to my problem, there seem to be a higher likelihood of success when my sis's room's aircon is on. else mine most of the time blow room temperature air for some reason.
my sis's aircon also has the same prob, but not as frequent as mine...

any ideas on the issue?

I suspect it's to do with the piping. but when I called GainCity down for inspection, they say confirm not leakage since gas is still full and if leakage all 3 blowers will be blowing warm air, but it seems more like a problem with the piping that goes through my room and through my room to my sister's room.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.