Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
done that...my only option for them is to use anti mould paint since the condensation causes mold on their wall.

tad_tt

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Had spent lotsa time reading up this thread.

Seems to me either toshiba, daikin, panasonic and/or mitsubishi is good.

Will be getting a system three. but question is inverter or non-inverter?

Ain't concerned about the cost savings of using inverter, but very concerned about the sound.

Can you guys share which technology is the quieter one after the room had reached the desired temperature?? For both FCU and Compressor unit.

Thanks!

:) :)

tad_tt

Reaction score
Hi

Hope this is not a double post.

Am considering a system three aircon.

Can share whether invertor or non-invertor is quieter once the room had reached the desired temperature?

Cos i am concerned about the noise both from the FCU and the compressor.

I dun wan the FCU and COmpressor to suddenly turn on and make noises suddenly in the middle of the night and wake me up for the non-invertor. Can find any info on the product specs.

Thanks in advance!

regards

:):)

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
daikin non-inverter ft25dvm indoor unit of mine was really very quiet if u set auto fan speed. the auto fan speed is between 1 n 2 bar.

about the auto fan speed, at 1st when on, it wil be at max. but after awhile, it wil be around 1 to 2 bar throughout the operation.

btw only the compressor wil turn on n off. fcu is on throughout the operation.

tad_tt

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast response.

So i expect the non-inverter to be waking me up suddenly in the middle of the night. haha

Cos mine is a resale flat with the compressor hanging just outside the window near my bed... :(

Hmmm so to me... Non-inverter loses out due to the following.

1. Noise
2. temperature of room cycling between warm and cool air

Hey guys, had compiled a couple of shop names, So wanna confirm which of the following are good, reliable and reasonably priced for aircon??

1. Gaincity (seems like quite a fair bit of pple getting from GC in this forum)
2. Coolserve
3. Hong Tar
4. Megadiscount
5. Ericool
6. Airecontrol
7. Ezycool
8. Yan Long
9. DIS aircon
10. Bestech
11. Creation
12. Aircon designs

guesswho80

Reaction score
Sorry wan to ask the experts here. If the aircon insulation runs higher than the aircon itself will it create condensation or what problems coz i heard the aircon insulation should run below the aircon unit is it true?

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry wan to ask the experts here. If the aircon insulation runs higher than the aircon itself will it create condensation or what problems coz i heard the aircon insulation should run below the aircon unit is it true?

maybe you mixed up with the drainage pipe? hehe... :s8:

guesswho80

Reaction score
maybe you mixed up with the drainage pipe? hehe... :s8:

Maybe i used the term wrongly. What i mean is my trunking is now running above my aircon unit in the master bedroom. Is it okie with it? I heard the trunking should be running below the aircon. I am not so sure is it fine with me?

terumo

Reaction score
Trunking location above or below will not affect condensation.
The size of the trunking will affect condensation.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe i used the term wrongly. What i mean is my trunking is now running above my aircon unit in the master bedroom. Is it okie with it? I heard the trunking should be running below the aircon. I am not so sure is it fine with me?

hm... if trunking is above fan-coil unit, then how does the condensed water drain out? :s8:

terumo

Reaction score
U using concealed drainage piping?
Drainage goes downwards not upwards.

abba77

Reaction score
Hi Guys, do you think 9000 BTU/hr fan unit is enough for a 20.5x 9.5 ft room? :s22:

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, the weather is really getting warmer by the day..

the living room is quite small actually, but 9k will be undersize, right? :o
yup...

if u were to install 9k, than it wil take a longer time to cool the room, which also wil result the compressor to run very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.