Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcsega

Reaction score
Comment

decided to post a comment after having problems with my aircon system installed by AB 5 years ago (Mitsubishi). Last month nov my living room fan coil was unable to ON and after troubleshooting found out its the wiring. And I changed the wire myself and it works.

Now December my study room also giving problem. The fan coil was able to ON but not cold air and fan coil just stop after a while of turning on with fault light comes on. A technician came to troubleshoot and pin-point its the wiring again.

The technician told me the quality of the wire is of low quality. I took a closer look and realised my aircon wire is using 40-strands instead of 70-strands.

For future home owners, do ensure you use the brand keystone/tai sin or a wire with 70-strands of copper wires for each cord.

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
Just wondering.. Has anyone heard of aircons in the market with 4-5 of the new revised NEA ticks?

So far NEA website gave me a mitsubishi at 4 ticks max, yet when I drop by those large electronics stores most of the salesmen told me no such product.

Has anyone got information on this?

yalloyallo

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to replace my old 10yr Aircon system. Problem is, all the pipings are concealed within false ceiling and will need hacking and patching back. How much do you think is a reasonable quote for this? Some company quote me $7-$8k for this entire effort for system 4 Mitsubishi. Did I Kenna chop carrot head? Thanks!

MightyPigeon

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to replace my old 10yr Aircon system. Problem is, all the pipings are concealed within false ceiling and will need hacking and patching back. How much do you think is a reasonable quote for this? Some company quote me $7-$8k for this entire effort for system 4 Mitsubishi. Did I Kenna chop carrot head? Thanks!

Each home has different configurations so it's pretty hard to say.

I suggest that you can try approaching coolserve. You need to pay for them to view. They will assess the number of holes they need to hack and patch back and calculate a pricing from there. Their cost calculations are usually pretty standard thru out.

You can ask gain city to assess as well.

From there you can have a few options/configurations to repipe or even bypass old pipings

yalloyallo

Reaction score
Each home has different configurations so it's pretty hard to say.

I suggest that you can try approaching coolserve. You need to pay for them to view. They will assess the number of holes they need to hack and patch back and calculate a pricing from there. Their cost calculations are usually pretty standard thru out.

You can ask gain city to assess as well.

From there you can have a few options/configurations to repipe or even bypass old pipings

Thanks for the advice, MightyPigeon :)

mengkian

Reaction score
Just wondering.. Has anyone heard of aircons in the market with 4-5 of the new revised NEA ticks?

So far NEA website gave me a mitsubishi at 4 ticks max, yet when I drop by those large electronics stores most of the salesmen told me no such product.

Has anyone got information on this?
I think you're refering to Mitsubishi heavy industrial aircon. Gain City carry this brand.

sak2376

Reaction score
guys,

currently my aircon has very bad leaking :s22:(every month have to top-up gas) , it's happened after use 2nd hand compressor which recommended by my friend(cost $500), old compressor spoiled. so now, better fix the leaking or replace with new ones ?

Checked with several aircon services, to fix the leaking is around S$1K, new aircon around S$3,5K for Mitsubishi(for example).

If new ones, my budget around S$2 - S$2.5K for system 3 inverter(R410), can u pls advise which brand suitable for me ? and shat's need to check for new aircon ? :s11:

Thank's ;)

terumo

Reaction score
To MightyPigeon,

I dont think need $7k for a condo system 4 installation.
But that depends on your site condition too.
Maybe there is a lot of hacking & concealed to do.

Maybe you can get another quote to compare.

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo guru,

I'm a newbie here and would like to seek for your opinion for the air-con installation.

I intend to install air-con for my HDB BTO 5rm flat as follow:

1) Master room x 1
2) Normal room x 2
3) Study room x 1
4) Living room x 1

My friend is suggested me to install Mitsushi Inverter System 4 for Master/Normal/Study room. As for Living room will be installed 1 single unit.
The usage in Living room is quite minimal.

In fact, i'm more prefer taking Daikin.

Please advise which brand is recommended for energy saving and suitable for flat.

Thank you.

Hi,
I am no air con guru, but why not a system 3 (MBR and normal room) + a system 2 (study + living) with 12 or 18k btu for the living room unit.

To kristangel,

My suggestion,
U can get a single system for ur master room.
If it is used daily.
Then the other 4 units to a system 4.
Or master room + 2 bedroom a sys 3.
Study room + living a sys 2.
As suggested by bro wacko82 too.

If living is seldom used, no point getting a single system for that alone.

will this configuration be cheaper to purchase or run as compare to getting a system 4 with a 38 btu?

say for MHI?

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yesterday just ordered Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 4 (3x9k + 1x24k btu) at $3799.. which i think is good price.. ;)

but the Mitsubishi electric starmex condenser is smaller btu than the Mitsubishi heavy industry one leh.. may feel a difference if switching on more fancoil units at same time..

Tk, did you get the 38 btu outdoor unit?

Cantona

Reaction score
Starmex or Heavy Industries

Hi Terumo,

Like to seek your advice on whether Starmex or Heavy Industries is better / more durable?

I've heard mixed reviews/opinions from different vendors.

Thanks in advance!

terumo

Reaction score
To ipaq4444,

Starmex has better quality in parts & their parts/after sales service are better.

thegreys

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got a starmex sys 3 installed about a week ago. Good service by Gain City Changi. Does anyone know what the bundle of white tissue-like paper roll that comes with each remote control is for? I asked Gain City but they told me I can throw it away. It looks too nicely rolled up and taped to be a filler item. I unrolled it and it's like 1.5 metres long.:s11:

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To ipaq4444,

Starmex has better quality in parts & their parts/after sales service are better.

But this is only possible if get directly from Starmex directly? Else if get from distributor, will need to depend on luck to get better after sales service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.