HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #3871
Master Member

Toshiba can fit. Ita the smallest condensee but also the most exp cuz co.prweror is from japan. Approx 3k eed ro check with frems... and yes.. inatallation inportant!!
Yeah it is the smallest, but for toshiba, is it true that warranty is void if installed using old R22 pipes? I'm hearing conflicting info from different companies.
Old 27-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #3872

Smile

Guys take your time , this two month got many discount for new air con . if possible dont sign any 1 year service contract for the new air con is wasting money on it . coz new air con after one year then need to svc .
Old 27-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #3873
Master Member

How come this two months got many discounts? Annual promotions for Christmas?
Thanks for the heads up...
Old 27-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #3874

How come this two months got many discounts? Annual promotions for Christmas?
Thanks for the heads up...
Winter and 2014 is coming . They were give sale for the 2013 model .
Old 28-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #3875
Banned

Yeah it is the smallest, but for toshiba, is it true that warranty is void if installed using old R22 pipes? I'm hearing conflicting info from different companies.
Nope. Warranty won't be void. The pipe is the same. Only refrigerant is different
Old 28-10-2013, 02:23 AM   #3876
Banned

so cheap meh...luckily i did not sign for that 350...

i just checked GC 5 years Extended warranty. they say no hidden terms & condition or obligation. no need to engage them for servicing.
can engage 3rd party to do servicing. but if got problem, need to check if it is due to 3rd party.

and saw their promotion today. got Mitsubishi Heavy Industry System 3 on sale for $2499 with standard installation, is it reasonable price?
according to coolserve and the catalogue, this system (SCM60ZJ-S) has a maximum capacity of 25000+ BTU, but GC list it as 20500BTU..
am confused on this....if just 20500, then not enough for all of my bedrooms.
if 25000+, will be enough i guess.

please help to clarify this...

Mitsubishi starmax highest 25600 snd highest is the market is fujitsu wih 2900o
Old 28-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #3877
Master Member

On the topic of insulation. I'm using 3/8 thickness insulation and the insulation is sweating and dripping onto the trunking causing mould to grown on the outside of the trunking. Will changing to half inch insulation do any help? I'm thinking of doing it myself.
Old 28-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #3878
Master Member

Nope. Warranty won't be void. The pipe is the same. Only refrigerant is different
Thanks, so far, Gain City and Coolserve has advised me that there will be no warranty from Toshiba if I reuse my old R22 pipes.

Called Toshiba service center to check, and the response was that their units should never be used with old R22 pipes.

Would be great if there was an official publication of their warranty terms. Don't know who to believe now.

Edit: Btw, GC staff advised me that only LG, Panasonic and Mitsubishi Starmex officially covers their warranty for reusing of old R22 piping.
Old 28-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #3879
Banned

On the topic of insulation. I'm using 3/8 thickness insulation and the insulation is sweating and dripping onto the trunking causing mould to grown on the outside of the trunking. Will changing to half inch insulation do any help? I'm thinking of doing it myself.

3/8 inches is the minimum requirement for Insulation. Even if upgrade to 1/2 " it will only reduce and not prevevent. Sometimes its a user problem bro. Room 2 or 3 switch on aircon. Master bedroom dun. Condensation cfm appear
Old 28-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #3880
Banned

Thanks, so far, Gain City and Coolserve has advised me that there will be no warranty from Toshiba if I reuse my old R22 pipes.

Called Toshiba service center to check, and the response was that their units should never be used with old R22 pipes.

Would be great if there was an official publication of their warranty terms. Don't know who to believe now.

Edit: Btw, GC staff advised me that only LG, Panasonic and Mitsubishi Starmex officially covers their warranty for reusing of old R22 piping.

Bro. I have checked.. reusing of old copper tubing tat holds r22 gas is reusable and it does not void the warranty of the equipment. UNLESS the installer cannot make it la...
Old 28-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #3881

I ask my previous installer, they do give warranty for the machine, but they don't warranty for existing pipe

Old 28-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #3882

I ask my previous installer, they do give warranty for the machine, but they don't warranty for existing pipe
Installer ( contractor) only give material workmanship warranty , Machine warranty is by air con agent ( Brand of the air con) not the same company .

Last edited by mrairc; 28-10-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Old 28-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #3883

aircon advice needed urgently..

Hi guys

I need some advice .. my aircon was serviced by this person called A*** from K* Engineering (I googled and found him from some forum recommendations) .. he came to repair my aircon - replaced a motor capacitor and cleaned it for $155 altogether. Spent about an hour. We tested the aircon and seems ok, although we didn't on it long enough to realise it's not as cold as before.

The 2nd or 3rd day, we realised that the aircon is really not as cold as it used to be.. we thought could be the way we tuned the remote control so we adjusted it a bit and decided to try it for a while more..

About 2 weeks on, we realised the aircon is really not as 'chillingly' cold as before. So I called A*** for advice. He says could be the compressor and has to maybe change the whole set.. but he needs to take a look before he can tell... and he is charging another $20 just to come and take a look again.

My question is.. is there supposed to be a warranty sort of thing for the first time he repaired for me? Am I covered under some kind of law? I mean, if he didn't managed to get it repaired the first time, and he charged me $155 for it already, and did not managed to solve my problem, isn't this his problem and he should be responsible for it? And now he wants to charge me again for transport (if I didn't subsequently take on his advice to change/repair stuff) or repair (change of compressor or whole aircon), is this the way the aircon service industry works? Sorry but my aircon never spoil before until now so a bit not well informed.

Thanks to all.
Old 28-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #3884

to warslayer,

Usually after repair, there should be a 30 days warranty.
This warranty covers the basic transport.
Old 29-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #3885
Master Member

Bro. I have checked.. reusing of old copper tubing tat holds r22 gas is reusable and it does not void the warranty of the equipment. UNLESS the installer cannot make it la...
Installer ( contractor) only give material workmanship warranty , Machine warranty is by air con agent ( Brand of the air con) not the same company .
Thanks all for your replies - guess must get a trustworthy installer to do a good job on flushing and cleaning the R22 pipes to be R410A ready.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.