HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #376
Supremacy Member

hi all, im new to air-con,

went down to gain city at cck to get some advise, salesman rec mi to get mitsu inverter 3.. for bracket cost is $150, upgrading of insulation to armflex al this plus plus is $3400. then went over to courts, they have a more transparent pricing... quoted mi at $2999 for sanyo inverter 3 with 5yrs warranty and 2 yrs installation warranty plus upgraded piping and insulation at no extra cost. as for bracket is only at $130. seek for expertise here for which aircon to get..
mayb u would go to coolserve.com.sg to look at the spec n functions of both.. this shld help u to better compare both.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #377

I have place an order on Hitachi Sys 3 RAM65Q8~3XRAK25N5 cost $3388. The followings are the breakdown:

Hitachi Sys 3 RAM65Q8~3XRAK25N5 from GC - $2699
additional 4 yrs warranty - $359
Bracket - $150
Upgrade to Armflex 1/2", copper 23 to 22, 16MM drainage pipe - $180

Is it expensive?

I have read through the posts. No one mention about Hitachi air con...

Is Hitachi air con? Need some advise... Thanks.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #378

if u wan to get system 4, than toshiba wil be out of the list. as the max for them is up to system 3.

as for ME, there is one choice for system 4, as indicate from coolserve.com.sg(go to this website is a gd guide), but look at the energy efficiency rating, its 2 ticks. it is also using R410A gas, which is very exp. plus the pressure of this gas is 2 times of R22.

lastly a gd choice to go for is Daikin(9k+9k+9k+18k). many choices. energy efficiency rating is 3 ticks. which is better.

u might wan to adjust to 26 degrees wit auto fan speed.

Thanks Been checking coolserve website for rough idea, seems like Daikin's the one but will also check Gain City for a quote. If inverter's price is not too way off, may get one instead but still leaning towards a non-inverter cos of our usage pattern.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #379

Hi, Really headache now.. need to change old air-con

Notice quite a number of people are changing/upgrading their air-con recently. I suppose you guys are living inside during the upgrade..

- Any experience to share?
- Any tips to minimize the mess?
- Any good company to recommend?
- Need to move to furniture out to make spare for the workers during installation?
- Is it better go for single or 2 trip installation?

Your advise is much appreciated
Old 08-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #380
Master Member

Hi, Really headache now.. need to change old air-con

Notice quite a number of people are changing/upgrading their air-con recently. I suppose you guys are living inside during the upgrade..

- Any experience to share?
- Any tips to minimize the mess?
- Any good company to recommend?
- Need to move to furniture out to make spare for the workers during installation?
- Is it better go for single or 2 trip installation?

Your advise is much appreciated
Just had my aircon changed last friday by Gaincity. Bought the Toshiba system 3 non inverter. 2 person came at around 10 and finished at around 4pm. Just try to cover your furniture as much as possible and remove all those small small items to an area where you can close the door as it would be quite dusty, especially if they are going to drill holes around the house. Don't really need to move those big items furniture, unless its right underneath the aircon then I would strongly recommend you move, cause would be very dirty beneath the aircon.

For mine I actually used back all my old trunking cause I don't want them to destroy all my false ceiling as well if they were to tear down and change the new trunking, so that might be your consideration if your trunking is not by itself currently. 1 trip should be enough, as least for me cause you only have to clean up 1 time.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #381

Just had my aircon changed last friday by Gaincity. Bought the Toshiba system 3 non inverter.
How much is your Toshiba Sys3 non inverter from GC?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #382
Master Member

How much is your Toshiba Sys3 non inverter from GC?
1850 with change of pipings and installation.

Last edited by tazzi80; 08-06-2009 at 02:35 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #383

Tazzi80, thks for sharing..

Unfortunately, my aircon is not cold anymore (has gas leakage) and suspect due to the old trunking. So, mine will be very messy, need to tear open all the trunking/piping

- Which toshiba model did you get and how much?
- Did GC ask you to replace the metal bracket as well? (they told me must change?)
Old 08-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #384

I need to change my old LG aircon as well.

Why no one is recommending Carrier here? is it ok or not?
I was shopping yesterday and one salesman was strongly recommending Carrier to me.
Not sure what model, but Sys3 non inverter @ $1650 (inc installation, no bracket). He claimed that Carrier still has 2 motors in the compressor while LG/Dalkin has one (for non inverter).

I asked about the Samsung Sys3 non-inverter @$1399 and he claimed that the compressor is china made. no good. at least LG @1550 is still thai made.

I am planning to visit Gaincity and see if there is some good deals.

Any advice from you guys is much appreciated.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:04 PM   #385
Supremacy Member

Unfortunately, my aircon is not cold anymore (has gas leakage) and suspect due to the old trunking. So, mine will be very messy, need to tear open all the trunking/piping

- Did GC ask you to replace the metal bracket as well? (they told me must change?)
It is a must to change bracket for new aircon outdoor unit. or else it is against the law wor...i tink.
*edit: only for those w/o aircon ledge.

I need to change my old LG aircon as well.

Why no one is recommending Carrier here? is it ok or not?
I was shopping yesterday and one salesman was strongly recommending Carrier to me.
Not sure what model, but Sys3 non inverter @ $1650 (inc installation, no bracket). He claimed that Carrier still has 2 motors in the compressor while LG/Dalkin has one (for non inverter).

I asked about the Samsung Sys3 non-inverter @$1399 and he claimed that the compressor is china made. no good. at least LG @1550 is still thai made.

I am planning to visit Gaincity and see if there is some good deals.

Any advice from you guys is much appreciated.
if carrier is gd, than u wil c alot of ppl using carrier in your block..

Last edited by chunlianghere; 08-06-2009 at 04:02 PM..
Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #386
Master Member

Trunking and piping different ah, i change all my pipings but use back my old trunking. The trunking is just the plastic cover for all the pipings.

There's only 1 Toshiba non inverter model (The one with 3 ticks). 1850 is the price i paid, no bracket. Comes with installation and change of pipings. If no change pipings 1.7k.

I got a ledge, so not very sure about the bracket.

No.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #387
Supremacy Member

oh ya...for those who hav aircon ledge, no need to install bracket.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:22 PM   #388

Hi anyone have a 9k btu portable aircon can share your experience? i bought a trends unit and its not working in my small attachment room after hdb upgrading of size about 3 by 3 metre (approx 90sqf).

The is absoutely no difference from the air temp outside the room even after leaving the unit on for like 5 hours..

Called the company and the guy told me i must blow the unit at myself? i was thinking why the hell i spent 400 bucks on a aircon that needs to blow at myself...

ZZzz please give some advise or opnion..

THanks
Old 08-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #389
Supremacy Member

Hi anyone have a 9k btu portable aircon can share your experience? i bought a trends unit and its not working in my small attachment room after hdb upgrading of size about 3 by 3 metre (approx 90sqf).

The is absoutely no difference from the air temp outside the room even after leaving the unit on for like 5 hours..

Called the company and the guy told me i must blow the unit at myself? i was thinking why the hell i spent 400 bucks on a aircon that needs to blow at myself...

ZZzz please give some advise or opnion..

THanks
mayb u try to put the unit higher?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #390
Arch-Supremacy Member

IIRC, Carrier is taken over by Toshiba.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.