HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #3916

Thanks Kun1he2, I will definitely write you (for the remote) if I get to keep my 13-yr old aircon
Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #3917
Suspended

Hello Daniellyt,

Yes. According to standard protocol the condenser should be bolted to the bracket.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

The condenser is placed under the master bedroom window on the steel bracket. Should the condenser be bolted to the bracket?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #3918

Hello TimCooked,

Based on desctiption it could be possible that your fan coil is choked which leads to leaking. However only servicing is possible as the internal of your fan coil is rusty and beyond chemical overhual.

Reason being that during the overhual process the unit have to be dismantled and as the internal parts are rusty, they might give way during the dismantling which could lead to more problems.

The condition of this unit will get worse over time due to age and corrosion.

1) Replace the whole system (should cost around S$5+k)

This in our honest opinion is the best solution to have all issues solved.
You can also use this opportunity to change to an inverter system for energy efficiency if your current unit is a non inverter. Cost wise no doubt will be the highest of all.

It seems that you have a system 5 as there are 4 other units?
If your current units are split into 2 different systems say a System 2 + a System 3, then maybe you might want to consider replacing only the system whereby this unit is connected to. This however is only for cost savings and is up to your discretion.

2) Replace the problematic fan coil (should cost a lot lesser, but where do I get a replacement for my 13 year old Daikin aircon?)

It is highly unlikely that a new fan coil can still be found in the market.
You will have to bank on 2nd hand fan coils which might not be at an optimal condition which also means that you will be taking a risk and it is not known how long this 2nd handed unit might last.

3) Continue servicing the problematic fan coil until other fan coils break down as well

This is the next possible alternative in my opinion however as mentioned above, the condition of this unit will continue to deteriorate which also means that the number of servicing will increase over time and at some point of time, the unit might be rendered unoperational and an installation of a new system is required. All these might happen even before your other 4 units breaks down.

You might want to weigh between these and consider the pricing differences before you come to a decision.

There is no right or wrong.
Only cost and time factors involved.
Hope you find the one that is most suitable for you.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
Thanks maxicoolservices,for your thorough reply.

Yes, my fan coil has corroded to the point beyond chemical cleaning.

I guess I will have to source for a recon fan coil first. If unavailable, then I would probably shop for a System 3 (yes my condenser serves 3 bedrooms). Bearing in mind that I will have to replace piping as well...this is my worst nightmare come true.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #3919

Dear helpful guys,

The aircon in my room is leaking.

Repair man says it's cos my fan coil has corroded, and servicing it gives only temporary relief.

My aircon system is 13 years old, but the other 4 fan coils are working fine.

Which option should I choose :

1) Replace the whole system (should cost around S$5+k)
2) Replace the problematic fan coil (should cost a lot lesser, but where do I get a replacement for my 13 year old Daikin aircon?)
3) Continue servicing the problematic fan coil until other fan coils break down as well

Help me solve this puzzle please!!!
For Daikin air con u can just change a new fan coil unit . Coz u ard $500 for the new fan coil unit .
Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #3920

Hi all, need some advise on air condition for my new house.
Currently considering between Mitsubishi Easy Clean 3 System Inverter and Daikin 3MKS - 3 System Inverter ( for what i have heard from PassionAir )

The price range between this 2 is $100 difference
Mitsubishi : $3000
Daikin : $3100

How is the price ?
For Inverter air con Daikin still don't got so many problematic . The important part still is the workmanship .
Old 07-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #3921

Juz check with u guys....Is your aircon compressor secured to the steel bracket outside the window?
pls check the air con steel bracket installer is CIDB register .
Old 07-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #3922
Suspended

Hello TimCooked,

During sourcing for recon fancoil, if possible best to get back the same model due to compatibility issues. If would be good if the fancoil is chemically cleaned before use.

If you need to get a new System 3 then yes do consider to have your pipings/insualtion changed to prevent future headaches. Existing pipings are already 13 years of age. Chances are they might not hold up throughout the lifespan of your new unit.

Good Luck on your search and Hope you have this resolved soonest.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thanks maxicoolservices,for your thorough reply.

Yes, my fan coil has corroded to the point beyond chemical cleaning.

I guess I will have to source for a recon fan coil first. If unavailable, then I would probably shop for a System 3 (yes my condenser serves 3 bedrooms). Bearing in mind that I will have to replace piping as well...this is my worst nightmare come true.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #3923

For Daikin air con u can just change a new fan coil unit . Coz u ard $500 for the new fan coil unit .
Hi Mrairc, this is news.
My aircon model is FTK35JVE 9.
Please confirm if I can just replace with a new fan coil, at $500.
If so, I think this could be a better option than changing all 3 fan coils and compressor.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #3924

Once again, thank you so much, Jason, for the good advice.
I have replaced the pipes for this current fan coil due to a previous gas leak due to pipe age. So if what Mrairc suggest is possible, replacing just a fan coil could be the most optimal solution.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #3925
Suspended

Hello TimCooked,

Good to know that the pipings are reusable.
Yes indeed if a new fancoil is available for your model then replacing with a new fancoil would be the most cost saving.
Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Once again, thank you so much, Jason, for the good advice.
I have replaced the pipes for this current fan coil due to a previous gas leak due to pipe age. So if what Mrairc suggest is possible, replacing just a fan coil could be the most optimal solution.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #3926

In any case, Jason, how much should I pay for changing of pipes for the other 2 aircon units, in addition to the System 3 itself?
Old 07-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #3927
Suspended

Hello TimCooked,

Let me drop you a pm on this.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

In any case, Jason, how much should I pay for changing of pipes for the other 2 aircon units, in addition to the System 3 itself?
Old 08-11-2013, 02:10 AM   #3928

To TimCooked,

Ftk35jve, u cant find a new fcu to replace.
U have to get recon.
Models that will work is Daikin Ftk35hve, Ftke35bsg or the same model that u r having now.
Its a Daikin 12k btu inverter fancoil.
U outdoor unit should be 3mk75hven or 4mk75hven.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #3929

To TimCooked,

Ftk35jve, u cant find a new fcu to replace.
U have to get recon.
Models that will work is Daikin Ftk35hve, Ftke35bsg or the same model that u r having now.
Its a Daikin 12k btu inverter fancoil.
U outdoor unit should be 3mk75hven or 4mk75hven.
Thanks Terumo, I will look around.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #3930

I having system 4 mistubish in my living room one when switch on, no air is blowing out. Not even warm air. Thus called for some guy. They said the motor spoil Liao. There one small motor on e right corner.

How much does that costs?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.