HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree883Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #4096

hi,

2 days ago I've retired my 9yrs old Sharp plasma and changed to Toshiba system 3.
However, I find that the temperature is quite warm as compared to my old Sharp non-inverter.
1st night I set at 25 degree with full fan speed and felt that is not cold. Last night set it at 24 degree but with fan speed at 4. woke up middle of night and felt stuffy then set it to 23 and full fan speed.

When fan speed is at full, whole night keep hearing wind blowing but was told that high fan speed than your room will cold.

The remote full of functions and I dunno which is the ideal selection to sleep throughout. Can some one enlighten me.
Call Toshiba air con agent ( 65675333 ) is free of charge for new air con in a year .
Old 17-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #4097

hi,

2 days ago I've retired my 9yrs old Sharp plasma and changed to Toshiba system 3.
However, I find that the temperature is quite warm as compared to my old Sharp non-inverter.
1st night I set at 25 degree with full fan speed and felt that is not cold. Last night set it at 24 degree but with fan speed at 4. woke up middle of night and felt stuffy then set it to 23 and full fan speed.

When fan speed is at full, whole night keep hearing wind blowing but was told that high fan speed than your room will cold.

The remote full of functions and I dunno which is the ideal selection to sleep throughout. Can some one enlighten me.
Need to troubleshooting for your aircon.
Old 17-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #4098

To bojangle,

I think the reason why u duh feel as cold as before is that the compressor has cut off or is running low speed.

Maybe u can try 21-22 & middle fan speed & try?
Old 17-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #4099

Thanks guys,

just now I set at 20 and running at full fan speed, turned out very cold after 1 hour.

Now shall monitor again on 24 and see whether it can maintain the coldness.
Old 18-01-2014, 03:43 AM   #4100

Hi bros,

Need your quick recommendations for aircon models/ brand.

Am intending buy/ install aircon at my parent's place.
(3 rooms: 2 beedrooms + living room).

Preferably 3 ticks (4 ticks also ok).
No need special features..

Budget: Mid range budget as I'm paying for it lols. I do intend to get something could last long but most importantly it's economical (electricity friendly) as they pay their own bills.
They usually need aircon when the weather is hot. Otherwise they would only use fan (i.e. don't on the aircon 24/7).

I did my own recon at Best Denki and Courts but not sure what to pick.
I browsed through most of the replies in this forum and I realised Mitsubishi is the preferred brand/ model? (I will avoid Daikin as this brand has failed us alot of times)

I am clueless about aircon as I don't own one personally.

Thanks so much for your inputs!
Old 19-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #4101

Hi bros,
Any good company besides Gain city to source aircon??
Heard Creation from a contractor.…but review was that after sales were aweful and hard to contact..
Any other company besides this??any review of cool-serve, naturalcool and ct-aircon??

Thx a lot to all those bro who have helped answer..I appreciate your advice and hope to solve this riddle before I get oing for my honeymoon...

Thx all...
Old 20-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #4102

Hi bros,

Need your quick recommendations for aircon models/ brand.

Am intending buy/ install aircon at my parent's place.
(3 rooms: 2 beedrooms + living room).

Preferably 3 ticks (4 ticks also ok).
No need special features..

Budget: Mid range budget as I'm paying for it lols. I do intend to get something could last long but most importantly it's economical (electricity friendly) as they pay their own bills.
They usually need aircon when the weather is hot. Otherwise they would only use fan (i.e. don't on the aircon 24/7).

I did my own recon at Best Denki and Courts but not sure what to pick.
I browsed through most of the replies in this forum and I realised Mitsubishi is the preferred brand/ model? (I will avoid Daikin as this brand has failed us alot of times)

I am clueless about aircon as I don't own one personally.

Thanks so much for your inputs!
Mitsubishi - Heating as well as cooling office and commercial environments, easier to clean. Electricity saving and dead silent.
Old 20-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #4103
Master Member

hey guys.. I'm planning to do up a new sys-2 air conditioning in my house.. are there anything I need to take note of before deciding on a installer? I should most likely be buying from gain or best and what do I need to lookout for? E.g. warranty, installation works or something?

Thanks in advance
Old 20-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #4104

Hi bros,
Any good company besides Gain city to source aircon??
Heard Creation from a contractor.…but review was that after sales were aweful and hard to contact..
Any other company besides this??any review of cool-serve, naturalcool and ct-aircon??

Thx a lot to all those bro who have helped answer..I appreciate your advice and hope to solve this riddle before I get oing for my honeymoon...

Thx all...
For installing workmanship Gain city still is the best team in Sg ....but after sales and service ...hehe ...
civicguy likes this.
Old 20-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #4105

To boneyrag,

Between Gain & Best, i will chose Gain.
Or u can PM mi for my contact.
Old 23-01-2014, 09:05 PM   #4106
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone has installation done recently by Allbest ? I went to their IMM shop. Saw some bad feedback from years ago but not sure how it is recently...
Old 26-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #4107

Is there any recommendations for just 1 room? Is a single split unit OK?

Last edited by s016; 26-01-2014 at 01:09 PM..
Old 27-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #4108

To s016,

Single system is suitable for 1 room.
Old 27-01-2014, 11:49 PM   #4109

To civicguy,

Every company will have good/bad reviews.
Materials used/Pricing are things u can consider before purchase.
Workmanship/After sales, only u will know after the purchase...
maxicoolservices likes this.
Old 28-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #4110

Sorry if this off topic.. I need to service my aircon. Leaking already.. Only 1 year old.. Haizz.. Any recommendations?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.