HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #4231

Hi

My house`s sys 3 Sanyo has a problem..whenever my parents room turn on their AC, the unit in my room will have no cold air at all. as soon as they off their`s, the cold air will start generating in my room`s ac unit.

it does not affect my brother,s unit

Any idea what may cause this..?
Old 20-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #4232
Suspended

Hello Starch1990,

Based on description chances are your system is lacking in gas.

Is your system a non inverter?

For non inverters there are 2 compressors. Let's call them compressor A and compressor B.
Chances are your parent's unit and your unit is linked to compressor A and your brother's unit is linked to compressor B which is why he is not affected.

When the compressor is lacking in gas, the cooling efficiency of the units will be compromised. Chances are the gas in compressor A is only sufficient to support 1 unit hence whoever turn on the aircon first will get a much better cooling effect whereas the one that turns on the aircon later will not have cold air.

Which is also why when your parents turn off their unit, your unit is able to cool down your room.

When was the last time you had your aircon serviced?
Best that you get your contractor to come down for a check.

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi

My house`s sys 3 Sanyo has a problem..whenever my parents room turn on their AC, the unit in my room will have no cold air at all. as soon as they off their`s, the cold air will start generating in my room`s ac unit.

it does not affect my brother,s unit

Any idea what may cause this..?
Old 20-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #4233

Hello Starch1990,

Based on description chances are your system is lacking in gas.

Is your system a non inverter?

For non inverters there are 2 compressors. Let's call them compressor A and compressor B.
Chances are your parent's unit and your unit is linked to compressor A and your brother's unit is linked to compressor B which is why he is not affected.

When the compressor is lacking in gas, the cooling efficiency of the units will be compromised. Chances are the gas in compressor A is only sufficient to support 1 unit hence whoever turn on the aircon first will get a much better cooling effect whereas the one that turns on the aircon later will not have cold air.

Which is also why when your parents turn off their unit, your unit is able to cool down your room.

When was the last time you had your aircon serviced?
Best that you get your contractor to come down for a check.

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
The funny thing is..even if i on mine first...and my room gets cooled down..as soon as my parents go on their ac then my room's ac will cease to generate any cool air. So the whoever on first thingy doesnt work.

My system is a inverter system.

And if it matters, my room and my parent's are set at 24degrees. The ac was installed 1 and a half years ago by Courts. Last serviced 4 months ago
Old 20-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #4234
Suspended

Hello Starch1990,

If this is the case, I would suspect that the outdoor thermistor that is attached to your particular unit is faulty. Either that or the expansion valve.

Did you purchase extended warranty for the aircon?
If you have extended the warranty, its a good time to have Courts come down for a check.
Otherwise you will most probably need to get your contractor to come down to do a check in order to determine the actual fault.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

The funny thing is..even if i on mine first...and my room gets cooled down..as soon as my parents go on their ac then my room's ac will cease to generate any cool air. So the whoever on first thingy doesnt work.

My system is a inverter system.

And if it matters, my room and my parent's are set at 24degrees. The ac was installed 1 and a half years ago by Courts. Last serviced 4 months ago
Old 21-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #4235

Hi its my first time installing aircon. I am going to install a Sys 3 inverter in my house. Went to gain city ask for quotation already. The salesman told me the pricing for all 4 brands that I am looking at. LG - $3008 Mit Starmex - $3288 Mit Heavy Industries - $3198 and Toshiba - $3478. With extended warranty and upgrade to Armaflex 1/2 inch including metal brackets. Can someone advise me which model is the best value for money ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 21-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #4236
Supremacy Member

Yes, but will be a risk there. Need to ensure your piping no leakage.
Is there a way to check the pipings for leakage? Gas leakage or water leakage?
Old 21-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #4237
Supremacy Member

To plasticpistola,

If non inverter, there is only 1 compressor serving all 3 rooms.
Most likely the compressor should be ok.
Maybe ur fancoil is having some issues.

To katoboy,
I will chose Mit Electric.
I currently have a Toshiba inverter system 4. 1 room is cold, the other 3 not so cold or not cold. What can be the problem? Thanks.
Old 21-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #4238

To twosix,

Maybe compressor sensor or pcb faulty.
Piping to confirm any leakage, need to do pressure test.

To Spidie,
Based on your quote from GC, i feel Mit Electric is the most value for money.
Old 21-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #4239

To Terumo

So Starmex is the most value for money ? In your opinion is extended warranty needed for aircon. ? One year is abt slightly less than 60 dollars for 5 years is it worth getting ?.

Thanks
Old 21-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #4240

Is there a way to check the pipings for leakage? Gas leakage or water leakage?
Yes, but take time.
Old 21-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #4241

To Terumo

So Starmex is the most value for money ? In your opinion is extended warranty needed for aircon. ? One year is abt slightly less than 60 dollars for 5 years is it worth getting ?.

Thanks
Should check T&C first.
Old 21-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #4242

Should check T&C first.
Ya. I asked their sales staff, he said need to be service by them. Or else warranty void...!!
Old 22-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #4243

just wondering, in terms of brand, why is everybody so hit on ME,
is LG good?
Old 22-03-2014, 05:33 PM   #4244

Hi its my first time installing aircon. I am going to install a Sys 3 inverter in my house. Went to gain city ask for quotation already. The salesman told me the pricing for all 4 brands that I am looking at. LG - $3008 Mit Starmex - $3288 Mit Heavy Industries - $3198 and Toshiba - $3478. With extended warranty and upgrade to Armaflex 1/2 inch including metal brackets. Can someone advise me which model is the best value for money ?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Do not go for LG .....if u got a good Budget go for Toshiba or Daikin , or Mit Starmex
Old 22-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #4245

To spidie,

Extended warranty, pls look at the T & Cs first.
Cause u may need to engage them for regular service in order for the warranty to be valid.

Just go for the fuss free stsndard 1 year parts & 5 years compressor warranty offered by the agent will do. (IMO)
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.