Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

elginlye

Reaction score
Hi,

Been using Starmex sys4 for abt 4yrS without issues. Since last general annual cleaning service 2 weeks ago, not as cold as b4. Suspect low gas. Is it normal for 4yr old aircon to to need gas topup?

Thanks for replies!

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Been using Starmex sys4 for abt 4yrS without issues. Since last general annual cleaning service 2 weeks ago, not as cold as b4. Suspect low gas. Is it normal for 4yr old aircon to to need gas topup?

Thanks for replies!

Yes! need to topup

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for replies!

Chemical wash and removed out whole FCU?

xiaoheng

Reaction score
A short review on my 1 yrs old Mit Starmax aircron, and btw thru out this period i always clean my filter every 2 weeks and call pro to wash every 3 months, after using ea time i leave 1hr for fan mode and nvr eat in room.... but i'm having a very bad odour smell ( sometimes it smells like toilet) abt more than half of the time having these smells its damm disppointed... everytime after my cleaning the smell still there and after the washing by pro service 1 or 2 days ltr it came back... i hav contacted both Mit & courts both tech hav come down sevral times but failed to rectify.... all they say is might be due to bed sheets etc for the smell, so i asked them "so ur aircorn only can work in an empty room in order not to generate any smell?" they cant ans.... ive tried the advice given by them open the window, placed charcoal ontop etc but result still the same and one tech used detergent put a few drops ontop the coil but none works... i wonder wats is the real problem zzz :(

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
A short review on my 1 yrs old Mit Starmax aircron, and btw thru out this period i always clean my filter every 2 weeks and call pro to wash every 3 months, after using ea time i leave 1hr for fan mode and nvr eat in room.... but i'm having a very bad odour smell ( sometimes it smells like toilet) abt more than half of the time having these smells its damm disppointed... everytime after my cleaning the smell still there and after the washing by pro service 1 or 2 days ltr it came back... i hav contacted both Mit & courts both tech hav come down sevral times but failed to rectify.... all they say is might be due to bed sheets etc for the smell, so i asked them "so ur aircorn only can work in an empty room in order not to generate any smell?" and i tried the advice given by them open the window, placed charcoal ontop etc but result still the same... i wonder wats is the real problem zzz :(

Mind the sharing with us.. Can take some photo from your FCU as well?

Please remove out the filter and take on the cooling aluminium coil with fan blower too..

This 2 thing.... Usually is after chemical wash through the aluminium coil fins as cleaned.. don't have dust or debris sticks on...won't be create bad Smell at all.

Cooling coil should be clean like my photo below.
2A245145-D7D7-4231-886E-FB83471D4572_zps1mskfhau.jpg

E1622829-3E13-46A6-8E4C-6BFF904E3952_zpsnka1riie.jpg

Also fan blower
58EB3136-F1F7-401D-92A8-F000D9DD6522_zps3zfppvdl.jpg

Here at the back of fan blower can be left some bad smell too.
CE1C7C29-A4C4-4999-A7E8-3A016190305C_zpswr8cox5s.jpg

After cleaned them off and try to used Daiso filter for cover up as addition filter on top these are really help for user when used high fan speed and block some dirty dust and debris on the filter as well.
90CF8205-E536-4A6F-BF5C-F20A4BCB478B_zpsrwvjonf8.jpg

For my personal collection here.
http://www.kimrovacstore.com/mitsubishi-electric-with-easy-clean-video.html

Antzzz883

Reaction score
Affordable & Quality Aircon Servicing

BIG BEAR AIRCON SERVICING (Registered with ACRA & BCA)

Aircon not blowing cool air? When was the last time you had your aircon system serviced?
It's high time that you service your aircon. Check out the different types of aircon servicing and its star-rating based on demand.

• General Servicing from $30.....................**
• Chemical Servicing from $40..................***
• Chemical+Steam Servicing from $100....*****
• Chemical Overhaul from $150.................****

Contact 85794359 (Call/SMS/Whatsapp) to book your appointment.

xiaoheng

Reaction score
Mind the sharing with us.. Can take some photo from your FCU as well?

Please remove out the filter and take on the cooling aluminium coil with fan blower too..

This 2 thing.... Usually is after chemical wash through the aluminium coil fins as cleaned.. don't have dust or debris sticks on...won't be create bad Smell at all.

at 1st i tot so too after they wash it everything is as new both fan coil and blower so it cannot be the case... like i said after 1 or 2 days the smell is back and i open it up and check the blower but no debris can be found

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
at 1st i tot so too after they wash it everything is as new both fan coil and blower so it cannot be the case... like i said after 1 or 2 days the smell is back and i open it up and check the blower but no debris can be found

Not too sure for drain pan they remove and wash also?
Even discharge water piping.

What is your model? Multi spilt?
Maybe be cloud be Interior parts has grown some mold.
Due to chemical wash and left some water without fully dryed at all

xiaoheng

Reaction score
Not too sure for drain pan they remove and wash also?
Even discharge water piping.

What is your model? Multi spilt?
Maybe be cloud be Interior parts has grown some mold.
Due to chemical wash and left some water without fully dryed at all

oh i nvr wash chemical jus engaged normal wash servicing... the used vacuum for the water pipe, dismantle the housing, and vacuum the cooling coil

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
oh i nvr wash chemical jus engaged normal wash servicing... the used vacuum for the water pipe, dismantle the housing, and vacuum the cooling coil

next service should do full overhaul the whole unit as well.. cause you don't know interior parts has mold or fungus.

Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
next service should do full overhaul the whole unit as well.. cause you don't know interior parts has mold or fungus.

can call my friend.. he will help up.
Ah Yi +65 9383 5509

stop promoting ah yi or I just report to mod. This is a discussion forum and NOT your personal ad forum. Want to advert? pls visit garage sales.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BIG BEAR AIRCON SERVICING (Registered with ACRA & BCA)

Aircon not blowing cool air? When was the last time you had your aircon system serviced?
It's high time that you service your aircon. Check out the different types of aircon servicing and its star-rating based on demand.

• General Servicing from $30.....................**
• Chemical Servicing from $40..................***
• Chemical+Steam Servicing from $100....*****
• Chemical Overhaul from $150.................****

Contact 85794359 (Call/SMS/Whatsapp) to book your appointment.

stop promoting company here or I just report to mod. This is a discussion forum and NOT your personal ad forum. Want to advert? pls visit garage sales.

elginlye

Reaction score
Just wash & rinse, no chemical wash.

From what i read, periodic gas topup is not required, unless there is a leak due to loose connections or improper installation.

My aircon has been good for 4yrs, is it possible the service crew did not reconnect properly after the recent cleaning 2 weeks ago?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
From what i read, periodic gas topup is not required, unless there is a leak due to loose connections or improper installation.

My aircon has been good for 4yrs, is it possible the service crew did not reconnect properly after the recent cleaning 2 weeks ago?

one more thing, to be suspected on compressor or indoor fan motor an issue..
if system 2 and above still can check on each room and compare the airflow does meet on each room, if few room still the same way and blowing hot air, then the only way for claim on new compressor will do, unless the service guy they has touch the outdoor connections before.

kweeli

Reaction score
Received below quote to replace my system 3:

Daikin Inverter System 3/R410/
Outdoor Unit – 3MKS71ESG – (R410A GAS) BTU: 24225
Indoor Unit – FTKS25DVM x 3

- They will dismantle and disposed existing aircon.

- Price above is use back existing copper piping, insulation, wiring, Isolator and trunking.

Is the price reasonable? Mit Starmex better right since is BTU 28000?

Below link better deal?
http://www.lazada.sg/mitsubishi-sta...1-msyge10va-x-3-with-installation-378390.html

Thanks

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Received below quote to replace my system 3:

Daikin Inverter System 3/R410/
Outdoor Unit – 3MKS71ESG – (R410A GAS) BTU: 24225
Indoor Unit – FTKS25DVM x 3

- They will dismantle and disposed existing aircon.

- Price above is use back existing copper piping, insulation, wiring, Isolator and trunking.

Is the price reasonable? Mit Starmex better right since is BTU 28000?

Below link better deal?
http://www.lazada.sg/mitsubishi-sta...1-msyge10va-x-3-with-installation-378390.html

Thanks

Hi for both at higher BTU on ME was better, even quiet mode or remove out interior parts for wash & clean.

Not sure your existing pipeline was runing R410A gas before?
If yes then use back for not an issue, if previously were R22 then shouldn't be a good.

If any issue very difficult to claim.

kweeli

Reaction score
Hi for both at higher BTU on ME was better, even quiet mode or remove out interior parts for wash & clean.

Not sure your existing pipeline was runing R410A gas before?
If yes then use back for not an issue, if previously were R22 then shouldn't be a good.

If any issue very difficult to claim.

Im not sure too.. my current set installed 2007 n is Panasonic.

Btw the daikin was quoted at $3089. Sound ok? Actually my existing set is seldom use, since last week it blow hot air. The service guy said is compressor faulty. Recommended to chance whole set. after they left, i found they nv put back the screw on cover n gas inlet nv put back the nut....

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Im not sure too.. my current set installed 2007 n is Panasonic.

Btw the daikin was quoted at $3089. Sound ok? Actually my existing set is seldom use, since last week it blow hot air. The service guy said is compressor faulty. Recommended to chance whole set. after they left, i found they nv put back the screw on cover n gas inlet nv put back the nut....

Back in 8yrs a go don't seems inverter models was common..

Anyway just check and see how was the concusion 1st.

Wanna change or repair will do, seldom used is the main concern also... From the unit won't last longer than using everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.