HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #4366

Dear Experts

I got a quote for the following works/installation, please let me know if cheap or not:

1. terminate 3 fcu for existing system 5; and
2. supply and install Fujitsu inverter system 3 AOAG24/ASAG09x3.

Quoted me $2,550.00 but will be reusing my existing piping.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #4367
Suspended

Hello Teddy123,

Casement units as compared to Single split (system 1) unit tend to generate more noise. Especially if the unit is of a certain age, the vibration against the windows might be rather loud at times.

When it comes to energy savings, most of the single split units now are running inverter technology with 4 ticks energy efficiency rating. Casement units are usually on 2 ticks.

Cost wise, there isn't too much difference between installing casement or a single split.

If you are looking at long term, personally I would prefer to go for a single split inverter with 4 ticks. Something along the line of Mitsubishi Electric Starmex whereby maintenance will be easier in the long run.

You might want to consider fixing up aircon in the other rooms if necessary so that there is no need to go thru the whole installation process again. (some hdbs might not be able to take 2 condensers so consider first if there is a need to aircondition the other rooms before making your choice)

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham,

Hi,

I am tinkin of getting Trends casement aircon to replace my current spoilt casement aircon, is it advisable?

The salesman told mi tat there is no difference in electricity savings if I buy a casement and a system 1 aircon, is it true?

Lastly, any forumers used this brand before? Any reviews?

Tia

Old 09-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #4368

is panasonic inverter aircon good? saw on courts online, feel the design is nice but usually aircon the branded ones seem to be mitsubishi starmex. anyone use panasonic before? i'm new so cannot post the url to courts website.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #4369

Hi. I would like to install a System 4 (3 Bedroom + 1 Living Room) and prefer to use Daikin or Mitsubishi.

Anyone got quotation or dealers to recommendation? Need good contractors as my house currently no aircon, need some hacking, bracket and powerpoint installation.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:36 PM   #4370

To teddy123,
As per Jason explaination, I will suggest single system.
The energy consumption is lower & more efficient compared to a casement.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:37 PM   #4371

To Titansmall,
The quote for ME & MHI is reasonable, thou Toshiba is a bit too high thou.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:38 PM   #4372

To cowcowtan,

Have u considered other brands like Mit/Panasonic which r ard the same price range?
Old 09-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #4373

To Orange_tea,

For Mit sys 4, price range ard $4k.
Daikin might be slightly higher.
Old 09-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #4374

To r1verflow,
Panasonic is quite value for money considering their prices r lower compared to Mit Electric & Daikin.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:01 AM   #4375
Arch-Supremacy Member

To Titansmall,
The quote for ME & MHI is reasonable, thou Toshiba is a bit too high thou.
thanks for your help!
Old 10-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #4376

To Orange_tea,

For Mit sys 4, price range ard $4k.
Daikin might be slightly higher.
I just checked my flat seems to belongs to the older ones. 8.5 amps limit, might not have the required 15 Amps power point.

Do you provide powerpoint installation service + HDB application + bracket together or just aircon installation?
Old 10-05-2014, 12:54 AM   #4377

Dear Experts

I got a quote for the following works/installation, please let me know if cheap or not:

1. terminate 3 fcu for existing system 5; and
2. supply and install Fujitsu inverter system 3 AOAG24/ASAG09x3.

Quoted me $2,550.00 but will be reusing my existing piping.

Thanks in advance!
Please be wary of Fujitsu service. They charged transport fees of S$80 for every trip.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:16 AM   #4378

Hi Ray value for money is now KIMURA Japanese brand. Got this installed at my home. It has 4 ticks which is the excellent label from NEA. Would say it is upcoming in the market especially with the features.Slim looking/energy saving/built in air cleaner/temp dislay as well. Now i think on promo at exclusive dealer stores. Got mine from Tai Sin Electrical. Do consider its worth the thought! cheers!!
Do u mind sharing, how much do u pay, is this an inverted unit n how u find it after use?
Old 10-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #4379

For that price range seriously i will take Daikin anytime..

Happy user of Fujitsu for last 5 yrs + , will take Fujitsu over Mit Electric anytime (My current unit haven't been service at all in last 5 yrs lol)

Anyway i opted for Daikin this time.. Piping installation Next Saturday.
Good decision! Our Fujitsu Unit spoilt after 5 years! And their service is terrible, all they care is their transport charge. U have to pay them for investigating your unit, 1st trip-thats fair. After checking, i was told to replace the motherboard at cost above 500 and must add transport charge and gst. ????? Reason with them is totally useless, they said u pay or no repair....
Old 10-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #4380
Great Supremacy Member

hmm talked to a few of the aircon servicing guy, toshiba, mitsubishi electric? not the one by jack neo and daikin like more recommended?'

i using toshiba inverter. so far so good. only 1 unit one part spoil within 3yrs? end up is FOC replacement for the part. gain city.

i think if rooms r big or for living room.dining etc, need to have someone come down to give quotes n advice since higher BTU? might be required to ensure the sys doesn't overwork
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.