HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #4396

Then I think replace system better.
If can install 2 outdoor, u go with 2 outdoor.
If not u can get a sys 5.
Many Thanks terumo!

Will heed your learned advice!

No have to settle costing
Old 13-05-2014, 12:05 AM   #4397

Hi experts here,

I have Mitsubishi Starmex 4 indoor units, one compressor.

One indoor unit stopped operating half way, no more power (LEDs not blinking nothing at all). All 3 other units are still working fine. nothing wrong with remote as it can be used on other indoor units.

Any idea what could be wrong before I call the Mitsubishi guy down?
Old 13-05-2014, 01:19 AM   #4398
Arch-Supremacy Member

To Titansmall,
The quote for ME & MHI is reasonable, thou Toshiba is a bit too high thou.
hi terumo, out of these 3 brands.. which one will u recommend?
Old 13-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #4399

Red face

Dear all aircon experts,

Currently using Sanyo, planning to get a new set for my 5rm HDB unit, mayb ME sys 3. Will be keeping the existing pipe. Any recommendation and what's the damage? The BTU for the 3 rms will be the same as 9k, or do I need to get a higher one for my MBR??

Anything else that I miss out??

Thanks!
Old 13-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #4400
Suspended

Hello cmotif,

Chances are the 1 indoor unit is facing a loss of power due to either a PCB fault or wiring fault. Best to have it checked to determine which one is it.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Hi experts here,

I have Mitsubishi Starmex 4 indoor units, one compressor.

One indoor unit stopped operating half way, no more power (LEDs not blinking nothing at all). All 3 other units are still working fine. nothing wrong with remote as it can be used on other indoor units.

Any idea what could be wrong before I call the Mitsubishi guy down?
Old 13-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #4401
Banned

hi guys. I have a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK13YL-S Inverter model in my bedroom for around 6 months. Love it so far, super quiet.

However, recently, when i set the temperature to 20-22... the aircon will cool the room until around 24-25.. and then the compressor turns off and it just uses fan to maintain temperature. I have to wait till morning time (4-5am maybe) when it can reach the desired cool temperature.

Could it be that the aircon is picking up on its own thermostat that it's already reached desired temperature, when the room is actually not that temp yet? Is this a piping issue?

Can anyone recommend any installers/contractors to help fix this?
Old 13-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #4402

To cmotif,
I agree with Jason's reply. Pcb / Wiring.
maxicoolservices likes this.
Old 13-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #4403

To TitanSmall,
Mit Electric is my choice.
maxicoolservices likes this.
Old 13-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #4404

To sadboy,

Does ur price includes stainless steel bracket?
Old 13-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #4405
Suspended

Hello Wohouboy,

When was the last time you had your unit serviced?
Based on description it could be possible that your indoor unit is dirty hence the temperature sensor is not picking up the correct reading and in turn causes the unit to unload.

When the indoor unit is dirty, cool air cannot be emitted properly hence cold air will build up at the coils. The temperature sensor will then pick up the readings and unload the system even before the room is actually cooled down to the desired temperature setting whereby in actual fact, the actual room temperature is much higher. Another possibility would be lack of gas.

Best that you have your technician to come up for a check so as to determine the actual cause.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

hi guys. I have a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries SRK13YL-S Inverter model in my bedroom for around 6 months. Love it so far, super quiet.

However, recently, when i set the temperature to 20-22... the aircon will cool the room until around 24-25.. and then the compressor turns off and it just uses fan to maintain temperature. I have to wait till morning time (4-5am maybe) when it can reach the desired cool temperature.

Could it be that the aircon is picking up on its own thermostat that it's already reached desired temperature, when the room is actually not that temp yet? Is this a piping issue?

Can anyone recommend any installers/contractors to help fix this?
Old 13-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #4406
Arch-Supremacy Member

To TitanSmall,
Mit Electric is my choice.
Thanks! okay.. this is my last question and i wont disturb u anymore (i hope)...

my living room is about 26sqm (3.7m * 6.955m)...
which indoor unit should i get?

MSY-GE18VA
MSY-GE24VA

or even MSY-GE26VA?

Don't think it will be used very often thou... unless the weather is unbearable..
Old 13-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #4407

Toshiba aircon tripped

Hi,

My master bedroom's Toshiba aircon tripped the house.. Trying to switch it back on will trip the RCCB. When the power cables for the compressor unit outside was removed from the switch, and we switched back the fuse, no more tripping.

Can I assume the compressor unit is dead? Can it be repaired or is this a case of replacing the whole set? The Toshiba a/c is about 6 years old now (installed when flat was TOP back in 2008), used in MBR only at night daily.

The compressor is linked to one fan coil unit in the room, so is this called single split? Not sure of terminology lol. Only know PC tech
Old 13-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #4408

Hi all,

I am looking at:
INVERTER SINGLE SPLIT AIRCON + INSTALL
BSUQ096B4A5 / BSNQ096B4A5

LG INVERTER SINGLE SPLIT AIRCON + INSTALL BSUQ096B4A5 / BSNQ096B4A5 Single-Split - Courts Online Shopping

$999,

Worth it ?
Old 14-05-2014, 12:27 AM   #4409
Banned

Hello Wohouboy,

When was the last time you had your unit serviced?
Based on description it could be possible that your indoor unit is dirty hence the temperature sensor is not picking up the correct reading and in turn causes the unit to unload.

When the indoor unit is dirty, cool air cannot be emitted properly hence cold air will build up at the coils. The temperature sensor will then pick up the readings and unload the system even before the room is actually cooled down to the desired temperature setting whereby in actual fact, the actual room temperature is much higher. Another possibility would be lack of gas.

Best that you have your technician to come up for a check so as to determine the actual cause.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
I believe the unit is less than 6 months old.. probably 3-4 months at the most... most units should be serviced every 6 months right?

Do you have a technician to recommend? can PM me?
Old 14-05-2014, 07:13 AM   #4410
Suspended

Hello Wohouboy,

If your unit is less then 6 months old then it should be under warranty. Do contact MHI and they will send their technician down to do a check. Do note that if the problem is not due to system fault but instead due to lack of servicing etc, MHI will most probably charge for the trip. Do check with them on that when making the appointment.

You might also want to check on your warranty first as some installers provide warranty of their own. (Such as servicing must be done by them otherwise warranty will be void or warranty of certain parts etc)

For new units servicing is usually required only 1 year after installation unless you are a very heavy user. You might want to do a self check on your filters and have them washed yourself and trying again.

One other thing to check for sake of prudence. Do check if the economy mode is accidentally turned on.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

I believe the unit is less than 6 months old.. probably 3-4 months at the most... most units should be serviced every 6 months right?

Do you have a technician to recommend? can PM me?

Last edited by maxicoolservices; 14-05-2014 at 07:27 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.