HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree891Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #4426

Daikin FT35DVM drain pipe

Anyone using Daikin MA56EV1 with FT35DVM ?
Is it easy to access the drain pipe of the indoor unit FT35DVM ?
(Prefer to vacuum from the unit drain pipe rather than just vacuum from the outlet pipe at toilet)

Currently using National CU-2C18CKN5G and it is easy to access the drain pipe of the indoor unit CS-MC9CKNG.The water tray is also easy to dismantle for washing. But these models are no longer in production and may have to consider Daikin as replacement.
Old 18-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #4427
Arch-Supremacy Member

What should i look out for when engaging AC cleaner? Im looking for one to clean my Mitsubishi Starmex...been DIY cleaning...do they dismantle and take out component for cleaning?
Old 18-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #4428
Great Supremacy Member

That will b chemical cleaning. Removing the whole coil unit etc too
Left she'll only
Exp. more than 120$ per unit? Cannot do often because v damaging to Aircon? Yet u need to do if many yrs never do n not cold etc
Old 20-05-2014, 12:04 PM   #4429

Just bought a system 3 MHI SCM60ZJ-S + 3 x SRK25ZJ-S1

system: $2695
+ $150 bracket
+ $250 power point
Hi wenguang, how is the MHI? A lot of ppl said to go for Starmex and not Heavy Industries but I'm looking for system 4 inverter that can do lateral swing (can pan left and right) and only MHI and Panasonic have this option

I'm now looking at exactly what you got and have been wanting to ask anyone who has already got them for a review. Can you advise if MHI is good? And if system 4 is good or it would be better for us to get system 3 + 1?

Thank you!!
Old 20-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #4430

Hi wenguang, how is the MHI? A lot of ppl said to go for Starmex and not Heavy Industries but I'm looking for system 4 inverter that can do lateral swing (can pan left and right) and only MHI and Panasonic have this option

I'm now looking at exactly what you got and have been wanting to ask anyone who has already got them for a review. Can you advise if MHI is good? And if system 4 is good or it would be better for us to get system 3 + 1?

Thank you!!

My home installed with a new Jap brand and all unit also have 2 directional swing option.

Based on your need, you can have the combination as what you had stated or you can consider system 2 for 2 sets. But depends on your usage.
Old 21-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #4431

My home installed with a new Jap brand and all unit also have 2 directional swing option.

Based on your need, you can have the combination as what you had stated or you can consider system 2 for 2 sets. But depends on your usage.
What brand is that? kimura?
Old 21-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #4432

Thanks aceone10...can you advise the brand/model please? Would you recommend it?
Old 21-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #4433

Thanks aceone10...can you advise the brand/model please? Would you recommend it?
The brand I installed is "KIMURA". a month plus ago and so far I can say is very good. Comes with built in Air cleaner function which was the main point why I choose to try this out. My son who had aspiratory problem, I can see he is "healthier" in a way cos his morning running nose syndrom had stop or I should say less serious than before.

Monthly electrical bills remain not much different from my previous sets of Daikin inverter.

Hope it helps..

Last edited by aceone10; 21-05-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Old 21-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #4434

The brand I installed is "KIMURA". a month plus ago and so far I can say is very good. Comes with built in Air cleaner function which was the main point why I choose to try this out. My son who had aspiratory problem, I can see he is "healthier" in a way cos his morning running nose syndrom had stop or I should say less serious than before.

Monthly electrical bills remain not much different from my previous sets of Daikin inverter.

Hope it helps..

Thanks very much for this aceone10 - sure helps! Can u also share which company you got it from, please? Thanks again!
Old 21-05-2014, 07:42 PM   #4435

Thanks very much for this aceone10 - sure helps! Can u also share which company you got it from, please? Thanks again!
I got it from Aircon Design. Good installation also important for aircon to last longer
Old 22-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #4436

I got it from Aircon Design. Good installation also important for aircon to last longer
Hi aceone10, i wrote to Kimura via fb and they replied:

"The pan swing is done manually. We have opted out from the auto swing function reason being it has not been feasible for many users and even many brands due to squeaking sound and getting jammed at times furthermore replacing this fins may cost besides the spare part availability.
I believe that you want a wider range of cool air coverage."

so i guess that's a no go

oh well.

I guess i'll just stick to MHI
Old 22-05-2014, 08:47 PM   #4437
Arch-Supremacy Member

I'm in the market looking for a system 3 to install in my current flat. Any recommendations? I see this brand Kimura appearing in this thread, can the users review on this brand?

My budget is about 3k including installation.

Thanks!
Old 22-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #4438

Just purchased from All best the following.
Can anyone advise if the compressor can take the configuration as below?

MXY-4A28VA
MSY-GE10VA x 2
MSY-GE13VA x 1
MSY-GE26VA x 1
Old 23-05-2014, 12:47 AM   #4439

To remember,
This configuration is fine.
But if u on all at the same time, u will not be able to achieve full btu on all e fancoil unit.
Old 23-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #4440

To silvialite,
$3k can get u a good brand like Mit Electric or Daikin.
Silvialite and Jerineng like this.

Last edited by terumo; 23-05-2014 at 05:31 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.