HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree891Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #4471

I just realized I havent serviced, cleaning or even chemical cleaning for almost 2 years already.

Is my aircon going to uplorry faster?

Any good recommended cleaning provider that is good for value? Thanks!
Hi Mikezuper, u may want to call Stanley from Eighteen Degree at 97972647. His price is reasonable.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:30 AM   #4472

Midea 9A5?

Hi guys

Am going to purchase a system 3 inverter. How is Midea - anyone with experience? Please share

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2014, 04:14 PM   #4473

Hi all,

was quoted 2370 for MXY2E20/MSYGE10VA x 2 c/w stainless steel bracket

G23 copper pipe not exceed 15m per fan coil unit, upgrade to thick Class O thermaflex for indoor gas pipe unit and Class 1 black rubber insuflex for outdoor gas pipe unit, Singapore Keystone cable, 16mm pvc pipe and pvc trunking

worth it ?

Last edited by whywhy85; 04-06-2014 at 09:21 PM..
Old 04-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #4474
Supremacy Member

Bookmarked to hoot one
Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #4475

My 3 years old Panasonic Inverter CS-S9KKZW has been a constant nightmare. This is my first time using Panasonic and Inverter air-conditioning unit. It is a 18,000 BTU, 2 split system unit.

1. Need help with Panasonic? Need to call them? Check out their website Panasonic Singapore and try to find their contact number. It cannot be found. There is no Contact Us on the main page. You gotta keep clicking in their product until you finally see the Contact Us icon. Salvation finally? NO. Click on it and it leads you back to their main page.

2. You need to clean it almost every 3 months professionally (not taking out the filters to wash), or it won't be cold. You start to feel that 24degree isn't as cold, and you have to get the same temp at 23degree, then all the way till 21degree for the same coldness. I had never use an air-con that need to be clean so often.

Is this a Panansonic issue or Inverter issue or e-ion issue? No one has an answer, just speculations through experiences.

3. The freaking warranty is only for 1 year. Even a table fan has 1 year. But $2000 over dollars of air con system only 1 year?

4. It a 2 split system. 1 unit is rarely use in the past 3 years (maybe a few times a month), 1 is used daily. Now I got an error code H36 "Outdoor gas pipe thermistor error". I google it and found quite a number of problem with this gas pipe and gas leak problem with Panansonic models.

5. This is a common problem. Repairs and services. $40 for labour and $20 for transport. A minimum of $60 charge. Then it is subjected to their 3rd party contract to diagnose the problem. If tell you this gotta change and that gotta change. You LL pay for each part additionally.

6. The earliest repair appointment is 8 days later. The call centre person still can say proudly that they are fully booked until next week. So I questioned, your air-con consumers are having so much problems that you are book for a week on repairs? She still got the cheek to ask 'Yes'.

So to all prospective buyers, the decision is yours. A more reliable brand name is more important than fancy features and design. Most ppl don't use the new features, and even if they do, they feel minimum difference. You wouldn't want electronics in your home (new or not) to keep breaking down one by one, or have a lifespan only equivalent to its warranty.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #4476

Mitsubishi starmex
went to gaincity this evening. sales recommend heavy industries instead. $3049 for system 3, comes with 5 years essential warranty.
wondering if this price is reasonable.
can anyone advise on this?
also, is there any mall / credit card with promotion? hoping to maximise benefits for this big item purchase.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #4477

To whywhy85,

Price quite reasonable.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #4478

Looking for self cleaning, ions, anti fungus or mould type inverter

hi,

Searching for a System 3 inverter with the following functions

1) self cleaning , ie understand this means after powering off will run fan mode to dry up FCU
2) ions , eg plasma cluster, negative ions etc to stop nasties from dust and virus
3) anti mould and fungs features coatings or filters etc
4) PM 2.5 filters if any that really works

anyone have experience with the various brands Toshiba, Mit, Sharp or Panasonic please share experience if these features really work and which feature is a must have ?

I was thinking maybe the self cleaning one is a good one to have but the highly recommended brand here Mit Inverter doesnt seem to have this feature.

Anyone bought Toshiba Sharp and Panasonic ? any thoughts positive or negative etc

thanks
Old 07-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #4479
Master Member

Mitsubishi starmex
I second this.

I was previously on Daikin but had changed to Mitsubishi Starmex.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:05 AM   #4480

To Jazz15RS,

A 15amp power point will be enough for sys 4 inverter.

Sys 4 for 3 rooms & 1 hall should be ard high $3k to low $4k range.
Hey hey..thanks..to change to 15amp power pt..how much is it..i am looking at starmax
Old 08-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #4481

Hi all,

Getting a System4 aircon this week...most prob will be mitsubishi starmex.
Anyone place selling it at good price?
Can recommend? Thanks!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #4482

Just to share my bad bad bad experience.

Hi All,
I purchased MHI system 4 from GC at Changi Expo during promotion. Sales did not bother to check where I stay.
On installation day, technician found the compressor can not fit to MBR windows aircon ledge. Tried to call sales, no luck. Called and spoke with CS, they told me sales was off duty, and they end up pushed me to change with Panasonic brand, and told me, if I don't confirm on immediate, they will need to charge $150 for delaying installation.
I went to GC Sengkang for reporting the problem. One staff helped to make some call, and next day, sales called and arranged to change the aircon with Starmex system 4. I requested to change the technician with more senior one.
However, the next technician came even worst.
They did not cover my parquet floor, causing lots of scratches.
They also made one side of work desk in my common room broken on the alignment due to kena heavy pressure. And they also joint the cooper pipe, reasoning pipe already more than 15m. And worst, they did not bother to do vacuum for the piping. I called the sales and only being told to submit the feedback by email, which I did.
Different supervisor came to my house, to check and only apology for all the problem and promised to follow up with office today.
Just to share, so if you intend to get GC for your aircon, think twice. I am very disappointed.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #4483

Hi Terumo

Appreciate if you can advise:

1) what are the various amp points available and charges? What is it for or rather how does it equip to which ever system?

2) what is the differences between Mitsubishi Heavy industries vs Starmex?

Many thanks!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #4484

To funnyclown,

1. Usually 15amp power point will be enough for aircon usage.
Cost ard $200-$300, depending on location & difficulty of job.

2. They are 2 different brands. I will say quality wise, Mit Electric will be better.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #4485

To Jazz15RS,

The power point usually ard $200-$300.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.