HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree891Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #4576
Suspended

Hello Asure7,

Is your unit a non inverter? If it is it could be the sound from the relay. However based on description there might be a chance it could be due to other underlying issues such as compressor shock absorbers, loose parts, bearings etc.

Sound description is a very individual thing so it could be rather tricky to pin point the source of problem. Also as this is an intermittent issue, on the safe side, it would be best that you have your contractor do a check just in case it escalates into something more serious.

Compressors are usually warrantied for 5 years so do check if your warranty is still valid be it original or extended warranty.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Recently my aircon compressor start to make a soft "tat tat tat" sound ... not sure its a vibrating sound or grinding sound.
It usually happens after turning on for a while (after reaching the desired temperature).
If I set to a lower temp so that it has to work harder, the sound will go away. Sometimes it will also go away if I turn off, then turn on again.

Any idea why? Is it sign of failing?
Old 03-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #4577

Sys 3 Mitsubishi Heavy industries aircon-$2899

Dear everyone,

Like to share that recently I go to IMM located at Jurong east to see good lobang for aircon. at Imm level 3, got 3 aircon store, all best, Gain city and Best tech.

I ask the sales at BEST TECH what is e different between Mitsubishi heavy industries and Mitsubishi electric. They said mitsubishi electric (subsidiaries) is carrying e old unit manufactured in 2007 and cost more as heavy advertised. then the Mitsubishi Heavy Industires (parent) is carrying the new unit manufacture in 2010 and is cheaper. most impt, it also had a in built air purifier and save more electric compare to the older unit. Hope my encounter can help.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:18 AM   #4578

Hi, I have a Mitshibishi heavy industries system 3 inverter. Yesterday all 3 fcu running but no cold air, check the outdoor compressor, it's not running. Error code 6 blinks, if I'm not wrong, it means signal transmission error. Does it mean pcb or wiring problem? Any idea how much the repair will cost? Can also pm me too. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #4579

Dear everyone,

Like to share that recently I go to IMM located at Jurong east to see good lobang for aircon. at Imm level 3, got 3 aircon store, all best, Gain city and Best tech.

I ask the sales at BEST TECH what is e different between Mitsubishi heavy industries and Mitsubishi electric. They said mitsubishi electric (subsidiaries) is carrying e old unit manufactured in 2007 and cost more as heavy advertised. then the Mitsubishi Heavy Industires (parent) is carrying the new unit manufacture in 2010 and is cheaper. most impt, it also had a in built air purifier and save more electric compare to the older unit. Hope my encounter can help.
here are the 2 units being offered. see the model and pricing.

Mitsubishi AirCon Promotion

Mitsubishi Starmex AirCon Promotion
Old 04-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #4580

To amihe,

Most likely ur wiring is broken.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:18 PM   #4581

[QUOTE=terumo;86862300]To amihe,

Most likely ur wiring is broken.[/QUOTE

Hi, Thank you for your response.

If assuming the wiring is broken. Would you be able to help fix it? How much would the repair cost?

Or is it better to get the distributor Wo Kee Hong to confirm the fault first? Btw the compressor is still under warranty.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:40 PM   #4582

Parisilk advisable?

Hi all,
Any of you bought aircon units from parisilk? Any idea if their installation is good? compared to other places like gain city or coolserve?

Thanks!

HY
Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #4583

Is chemical cleaning that risky? My 10 year old non-inverter aircon isn't cold, and today the technician said it needs chemical cleaning costing $260 + GST. But because of the age of my aircon there is risk of damaging the compressor afterwards which will cost another $800++ for replacement.

Better to just replace the aircon itself? This is the second technician from different company that said it'll need chemical cleaning, although only one of them warned me about the risk on the compressor.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #4584

To amihe,

U can get a technician or agent to confirm the cause of fault 1st.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #4585

Hi, are you able to advise the cost to get a technician to determine the cause? If you could also recommend someone honest please? You may also pm me
Old 05-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #4586

To cobragold,

Its better to replace the piping or try to install via a new routing then doing the crystalline thing which i duh tink its proven yet.
Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #4587

Hi guys this is my situation
About 3 mth ago, mum call for aircon servicing (3 unit 1 condenser). 2 weeks after servicing, 1 of the unit gradually take longer to make room cold and soon after totally not cold, other 2 units still working as per normal. Called the tech come take a look he say got leak ask me monitor the situation. He say gas pressure low so top up again. After 1 month same problem. Same unit not cold. Tech say need check for leakage but best to replace all 3 unit and piping. Please advice. Cos I don't understand if leak why the other 2 still functioning shldnt all 3 be not cold?

Please advice daikin system btw. Shld I change to Mitsubishi or pana? If need change initial cost high is not a problem, more impt is running cost and don't kill the earth. Gurus pls advice. Thank you sir
Old 05-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #4588
Arch-Supremacy Member

any advice if suspect wall internal ac piping leaking with wall showing sign of mould growth? are there services to help evaluate whether leaking or where it might be

TIA
Old 05-07-2014, 06:35 PM   #4589

No one use Europace aircon before ?
I just purchased a EuropAce system-3 from Courts and had it installed last Friday.

EUROPACE INVERTER SYS 3 AIRCON + INSTALL ESACM323 / ESACB09FC x 3 System 3 - Courts Online Shopping

Had to reuse the old wiring and piping that is more than 10-years old as most of it is concealed.

So far so good, it cools my room really quickly and at 25°C, it's already quite cold. No complaints so far, just need to see how long this can last as only time will tell.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #4590
Suspended

Hello Akai Ryu,

If the wall is showing signs of mould growth, chances are the insulation is sweating. Other possibilities include gas leak, dirty fancoils, both resulting in condensation and icing which could also contribute to moulding.

As your pipings are concealed, it would be more tricky to ascertain if the mould is due to sweating insulation or pin point the exact location of the leak as water flows with gradient. You would most likely need to have your contractor measure the gas pressure to ensure there is no gas leak and also check the conditions of the fan coils. If the gas pressure is fine and the coils are clean, then chances are the insulation is the problem.

Best that you have your contractor come up for a check for further advice.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

any advice if suspect wall internal ac piping leaking with wall showing sign of mould growth? are there services to help evaluate whether leaking or where it might be

TIA
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.