HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #4636

To Ronaldo88,
Min is to use 3c70 cables, if 2.5mm will be even better.
If cable is of correct size, heat generated will be min.
Old 19-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #4637

To Dysphoria,

Using ur existing power point (if it is in good condition), there will not be any major issues.
Old 19-07-2014, 03:14 PM   #4638

Try to look for natural cool 4547117 or Tai wah air con 67458198
Thank you.
Old 19-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #4639

To Xrin,

If u r allowed to have 2 outdoor unit, then u can purchase another outdoor unit for the living room.
Thanks for the info
Old 19-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #4640

Terumo: I was quoted $1670 for the Condenser alone before installation.
Old 20-07-2014, 12:06 AM   #4641

Hi everyone,

I'm sort of in a dilemma on setting up an air conditioning unit in my study room. Currently the house (HDB 5room) is using a single unit aircon with a compressor in the master bedroom. Was told that in order to have a wall mounted aircon in the study room, I have to change the current aircon + the compressor.

That costs around 2.5-2.8k (as the study room is quite a distance to the master bedroom), which is quite a hefty sum as our current aircon is barely 5years old.

Alternatives would be a casement window aircon or a portable aircon. Any recommendations? The window is sliding type with upper side of the window push out type. Window height of the sliding part is barely 80cm
Old 20-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #4642

To Nekorin,
Sliding window is suitable for casement ac.
U just check with ur contractor is 80cm allowance is enough a not.
Old 20-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #4643

Just bought mhi SYS 2 with steel bracket and upgrade 1/2 inch insulation free 150 service voucher @$2345
Old 20-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #4644

Hello all, would just like to provide an update on my ongoing search and sourcing for system 3 aircon after my recent post, hope this helps people who are also looking at the moment and hopefully can get some more suggestions/recommendations from you all..

I went to COOLSERVE at Joo Seng Road, their salesman seemed quite professional, initially i inquired about MSXY-FD10VA x 3 for 3 bedrooms, was told it was out of stock so i asked about MSY-GE10VA x 3 which was my second choice anyway, got a quote of $2953.2 for this system 3.

Parts and installation include 3/8" Armaflex insulation, 23 gauge pipping, 16mm PVC pipping, Keystone wiring. Asked about upgrading to 1/2" and 22 gauge but was told that mostly condo units use this and not really required for HDB. Can anyone confirm if this is true and so far, with 3/8" and 23 gauge, have there been any problems?

Warranty includes 1 year on spare parts by agent including PCB(i remembered to ask specifically), 5 year on compressor by agent and 1 year on workmanship by COOLSERVE. They do not offer extended warranty which usually includes servicing packages.

Next, i went to STL aircon at Biztech center only to find out that they were closed because of company event so i left for CT Air-Con at Midview City.

Was honestly quite disappointed by the sales people there(CT aircon) , first a china girl came out when i told her i was there for a quotation, after asking her a few questions, it was clear that she did not know anything about aircons, asked her about what the warranty covered if it included PCB, she did not know what the PCB is, she did not know the difference between compressor and condenser, she was not able to tell me much else. The price she quoted me for the MSY-GE10VA x 3 was more than what is being advertised on their website, when i asked her why it was so, she told me that their website has not been updated for very long which did not give me a good impression.

After a while, another guy came out and while he seemed more knowledgeable, he seemed reluctant to answer my questions and tried to push me MHI saying that they offered a $200 NTUC voucher so final price was around $2700+. While i was not against MHI, i did not really like their general attitude and service, especially when compared to COOLSERVE.

I am keen to place my order by end of this week so that i can settle this soon, so far am willing to give another 2-3 days for new lobangs, any have any opinions so far?
Old 20-07-2014, 07:04 PM   #4645
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am with aircon design for the 1st time....hope it turn out well...heard they got do projects commercial n residential...so i feel quite relief as they shld b quite professional n gd service.. i din get those established brands but unheard brand sys2....got 1/2" insul...
Old 21-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #4646

To Dysphoria,

G23 & 3/8 insulation should be sufficient for HDB.
Coolserve seems quite professional on aircon issues.
Their website is very informative.
Old 21-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #4647

Hello all, would just like to provide an update on my ongoing search and sourcing for system 3 aircon after my recent post, hope this helps people who are also looking at the moment and hopefully can get some more suggestions/recommendations from you all..

I went to COOLSERVE at Joo Seng Road, their salesman seemed quite professional, initially i inquired about MSXY-FD10VA x 3 for 3 bedrooms, was told it was out of stock so i asked about MSY-GE10VA x 3 which was my second choice anyway, got a quote of $2953.2 for this system 3.

Parts and installation include 3/8" Armaflex insulation, 23 gauge pipping, 16mm PVC pipping, Keystone wiring. Asked about upgrading to 1/2" and 22 gauge but was told that mostly condo units use this and not really required for HDB. Can anyone confirm if this is true and so far, with 3/8" and 23 gauge, have there been any problems?

Warranty includes 1 year on spare parts by agent including PCB(i remembered to ask specifically), 5 year on compressor by agent and 1 year on workmanship by COOLSERVE. They do not offer extended warranty which usually includes servicing packages.

Next, i went to STL aircon at Biztech center only to find out that they were closed because of company event so i left for CT Air-Con at Midview City.

Was honestly quite disappointed by the sales people there(CT aircon) , first a china girl came out when i told her i was there for a quotation, after asking her a few questions, it was clear that she did not know anything about aircons, asked her about what the warranty covered if it included PCB, she did not know what the PCB is, she did not know the difference between compressor and condenser, she was not able to tell me much else. The price she quoted me for the MSY-GE10VA x 3 was more than what is being advertised on their website, when i asked her why it was so, she told me that their website has not been updated for very long which did not give me a good impression.

After a while, another guy came out and while he seemed more knowledgeable, he seemed reluctant to answer my questions and tried to push me MHI saying that they offered a $200 NTUC voucher so final price was around $2700+. While i was not against MHI, i did not really like their general attitude and service, especially when compared to COOLSERVE.

I am keen to place my order by end of this week so that i can settle this soon, so far am willing to give another 2-3 days for new lobangs, any have any opinions so far?
Hi Dysphoria,
Why don't you try gaincity? they offer 5 years comprehensive warranty. ?
Old 21-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #4648

Gaincity warranty and experience..

I saw couple of positive feedback about coolserv. Any one have experience with gaincity? They seems to offer 5 years extended warranty. Is it worth it? Any experience what is the pro and cons of 5 years extended warranty? I am planning to buy Mitsubishi starmex.. Is 5 years extended warranty is required for starmex?

Thanks
Old 21-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #4649

what is the difference between Mitsubishi MSXY-FD10VA vs MSY-GE10VA
which one is better?
Thank you?
Old 21-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #4650
Suspended

Hello Catherineteosg,

Basically there is no major difference between MSY-GE10VA and MSXY-FD10VA. Both have the same BTU.

Only difference is that MSXY-FD10VA comes equipped with the i-see sensor feature which searches from side to side the floor area detecting the floor temperature and adjusts the temperature settings accordingly for better comfort.

Both works fine but personally I would prefer the MSY-GE10VA.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

what is the difference between Mitsubishi MSXY-FD10VA vs MSY-GE10VA
which one is better?
Thank you?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.