HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #4651

hi catherineteosg, i am no expert but ive read that GC's warranty policy is a lil finicky, you must read up properly on whether their 5 year warranty is only for the compressor or the entire condenser, to add to that, many people have mentioned that the quality of their installation services can be quite shoddy.
Old 22-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #4652

Any reviews for this company ?

Mitsubishi Starmex AirCon Promotion
Old 22-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #4653
Master Member

Looking for good quote on Fujitsu system 4 ? PM me.. But my new house key collection is at year end. Will keep contact.
Old 22-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #4654

Smile

Thanks all for this informative thread.

To Terumo and all, appreciate if you can give your 2 cents on my situation.

I have an old HDB Terrace at Stirling Road with a big living room downstairs and 3 bedroom upstairs. Inherited this current aircon system from previous owner. Currently a system 2 (8k BTU for both) for the living room downstairs and the Master bedroom upstairs. The other 2 bedrooms are on individual window units.

Usage during day is master bedroom and living room and at night, is all three bedrooms.

Problem: The old system 2 aircon is not sufficient to cool the big living room downstairs so I thought of replacing it totally. I have 3 options, appreciate all helps and comments:

Option 1: Install a separate and new system 1 unit downstairs to add on to the current configuration. Ie, switching on current system 2 and then this new system 1 just to cool the living room every time I need.

Option 2: Replace the old System 2 to a new System 2 with the living room unit a much higher BTU.

Option 3: Replace all the aircon in the living room and 3 bedrooms with a new System 4. Highest cost but likely the highest energy efficiency.

Can anyone share their thoughts with me on which is the most preferred option among all 3?
Also, with option 2 and 3, to replace the system 2, can I use back old wiring and piping or have to install new ones?

Thank you all!
Old 22-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #4655

may I know the difference between Mit Starmex and Heavy industries?
Was told that Heavy Ind is a new model compared to starmex?
are there any other trustworthy brands to consider?
reading of not too good reviews on LG.
Old 22-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #4656

Mitsubishi aircons

Hi guys,

We have 3 new aircons Mitsubishi. Both internal and external blocks. This is an urgent sale, so the price is low: S$ 2900/for all 3

Self-collection from Tanjong Pagar lock and store

For any enquiry, please contact me at +6581192342

Thank you!
Old 22-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #4657

System 5 inverter?

Hi, I'm looking for a System 5 inverter setup for my flat, but all the retailers I called (Courts, Best Denki, Harvey Norman, Gain City, etc) deal only with System 4 at most.

Any recommendations on which brands/models are available for System 5, and where to buy?

Thanks!
Old 22-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #4658
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, I'm looking for a System 5 inverter setup for my flat, but all the retailers I called (Courts, Best Denki, Harvey Norman, Gain City, etc) deal only with System 4 at most.

Any recommendations on which brands/models are available for System 5, and where to buy?

Thanks!
U can get sys3 n sys2...for big house u may hv to get 2 compressors...
Old 22-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #4659

U can get sys3 n sys2...for big house u may hv to get 2 compressors...
My understanding is that HDB doesn't allow more than 1 outdoor unit (compressor) for older flats. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
Old 22-07-2014, 06:55 PM   #4660
Arch-Supremacy Member

My understanding is that HDB doesn't allow more than 1 outdoor unit (compressor) for older flats. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
Tis rule i nt sure..i oni knw in term of capacity u need at least 48kbtu..dun thk got 1 compressor so pwrful...mayb there is...9k each rm 12k living rm depend on size..
Old 22-07-2014, 07:33 PM   #4661
Suspended

Hello Crankcase

There limited brands with system 5 in the market.

2 brands that comes with System 5 models are Daikin (5MKS100LSG) and Toshiba (RAS5M41UACV).

However, the outdoor condensing unit is usually very big in dimension hence it would be the best to do some measurement before you proceed with purchase so as to ensure that it can fit into your window opening and ensure that the height of the condenser will not cause a blockage when you open your windows.

Another thing to consider will be to check the running amp for these models to ensure that it can be supported by the power limitation for your unit.
Usually system 5 is not used for HDB. Check with the stores or your appointed installers and they will be in a better position to advise.

You might want to consider 1 x System 3 + 1 x System 2 instead or 1 x system 4 + 1 x system 1.

Chances are if your unit is the old hdb as mentioned in your other posting, 2 condensers might not be allowed. Best to make a check with hdb and they will be able to advise.

Good Luck on your sourcing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

Thanks!
Old 22-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #4662
Suspended

HDB only allow for 8.5A, how dose bigger capacity?
Once lock at 8.5A for total input watt would be reduce a lot of higher capacity of BTU
Old 22-07-2014, 09:09 PM   #4663

may I know the difference between Mit Starmex and Heavy industries?
Was told that Heavy Ind is a new model compared to starmex?
are there any other trustworthy brands to consider?
reading of not too good reviews on LG.
If you want to know the difference between the two companies then see below link

Mitsubishi Electric vs Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
Old 23-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #4664

Thanks a lot for the info and advice! The previous owner actually installed a System 3 for the bedrooms, but there's no aircon in the living/dining area. Since this is a largish space, I want to install 2 fan units. Checking with HDB now to see if we can install a second compressor for a System 2. Otherwise we'll be limited to a System 5 (assuming that can be supported).

Would you happen to know who deals with these System 5 models you mentioned? Like I said, the retailers I spoke with all said "no System 5". So any alternative contacts would be great.

Thanks!

Hello Crankcase

There limited brands with system 5 in the market.

2 brands that comes with System 5 models are Daikin (5MKS100LSG) and Toshiba (RAS5M41UACV).

However, the outdoor condensing unit is usually very big in dimension hence it would be the best to do some measurement before you proceed with purchase so as to ensure that it can fit into your window opening and ensure that the height of the condenser will not cause a blockage when you open your windows.

Another thing to consider will be to check the running amp for these models to ensure that it can be supported by the power limitation for your unit.
Usually system 5 is not used for HDB. Check with the stores or your appointed installers and they will be in a better position to advise.

You might want to consider 1 x System 3 + 1 x System 2 instead or 1 x system 4 + 1 x system 1.

Chances are if your unit is the old hdb as mentioned in your other posting, 2 condensers might not be allowed. Best to make a check with hdb and they will be able to advise.

Good Luck on your sourcing.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham
Old 23-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #4665
Arch-Supremacy Member

As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?
cheap lay.. juz take ur contractor offer..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.