HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #4741

Thanks for the advice! I would prefer to have 2 fancoils since I will mostly use the smaller portion and will waste too much energy cooling the whole area if I have a single fancoil. So I am looking at a System 2 (9k + 18k BTU).

Can you suggest a good company to go for installation? I know Gain City is quite popular, but I don't know if there are better options.

Thanks!

To crankcase,

1. 3.5m X 3.6m = 12.6 sqm = 135 sqft.
I want to put a 9k BTU unit here, which is likely to be used periodically (weekends etc)
This area requires ard 9k btu.

2. 4.6m X 5.6m = 25.76 sqm = 277 sqft.
I want to put a 16-18k BTU unit here, which is likely to be used infrequently (in case of gatherings etc)
This area requires a 12k/18k btu.

U can do with 2 fancoil or 1 x 18k/24k fancoil will do too.
Old 21-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #4742

So if the outdoor unit has a lower BTU than the combined BTU of the indoor systems, would it still be able to support them when they are turned on together? Are there gonna be any potential future damage due to the extra stress on the smaller outdoor unit?

If that is the case why is Daikin offering an outdoor 18k BTU (3MKS50ESG) unit for its system 3 package? I had a look around and they are the only company doing this it seems. Rest of the competitors are all using at least a 26-28k BTU outdoor unit.
can someone enlighten me if the 18k unit is gonna be enough or do i need the 24k?
Old 21-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #4743

Bought a set of window mounted aircon from Trend a year ago. Called for servicing recently & was told that entire unit has to be dismantled back to workshop for standard servicing which cost $125 & will take a week before returning.

Was not told during purchase that it would be that tedious & costly. Was frustrated as the unit costs close to $800 & 1 time servicing cost me 15%. So had no choice but to agree.

Received call after a week say its ready to be reinstalled & scheduled a date. Next day received a call again that they need to postpone date bcos there is some problem with the unit. Received another call the next day told me I had to pay $225 to replace a motor or a pump due to water leakage. By then I was very angry as I told them the unit was working fine all the while until time for servicing... Regretted buying it, regret sending it for servicing as there is no witness to what they are doing to your unit.

I'm not sure other models of Trend systems but to those who are considering window mounted type, PLEASE DO NOT consider this brand!

Thanks for reading.
AirProjectServices likes this.
Old 22-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #4744

Kaisoon Airconditioning

Does anybody have any experience to share on Kaisoon Aircon? I got their contact from a friend and called them up, but found their manner a bit rude... like I'm somehow bothering them by giving them business. Not sure if they're not used to speaking with customers in English, or whether they like to assume customers are idiots

But that's just a first impression and I'd like to find out more about the quality of their work before I decide. Any input appreciated. Thanks!
Old 22-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #4745
Suspended

Hello Derkaiser94,

Yes it will be able to support only that it might take longer then usual to cool down the rooms or if severely undersize then not able to cool down the room at all.

Always plan in advance during aircon purchase. Some might feel that they are only using 2 units but things like babies/kids, rental etc might require a 3rd unit to be used.

Personally undersizing is not recommended which is why it is very important to let your installer know about the room size and usage trends during purchase. They will be able to advise you appropriately. IMO if not much difference in the cost, personally I would prefer to get the 3MKS71ESG whereby there is more flexibility in the matching of the indoor units.

Adding on to that, compressors might weaken with age. What is running at 28K BTU now might output at 24K BTU several years down the road. Hence if your unit is undersize now, the cooling capacity might reduce even further several years down the road.

As to why Daikin offers 3MKS50ESG for an outdoor, I cannot attach the PDF here but if you goto Daikin's website and download their brochure for multi split inverter, goto page 9 and page 25, you will see a table whereby they show the possible matching for 3MKS50ESG and 3MKS71ESG. I believe the 3MKS71ESG offers more indoor matching options. So Daikin might be offering more choices to their users depending on their usage needs. This is my personal thought though. Most likely best to call Daikin and check with them.

An aircon should be a long term investment. Speak to your appointed installer. They will be able to advise.

Best Regards,

Jason Tham

So if the outdoor unit has a lower BTU than the combined BTU of the indoor systems, would it still be able to support them when they are turned on together? Are there gonna be any potential future damage due to the extra stress on the smaller outdoor unit?

If that is the case why is Daikin offering an outdoor 18k BTU (3MKS50ESG) unit for its system 3 package? I had a look around and they are the only company doing this it seems. Rest of the competitors are all using at least a 26-28k BTU outdoor unit.
Old 22-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #4746

Question

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a System 2 air-conditioning unit for my HDB 3-rm flat.

Do I need to go for inverter? or non-inverter will do?

Which aircon company from the below is the best?

1) Gain City

2) CT Air-con

3) STL Air-conditioning

4) Hong Tar

Thanks in advance for all the feedbacks!

Last edited by coolforfun; 22-08-2014 at 01:57 PM..
Old 22-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #4747

Hello all, I got a few questions esp regarding Window Air-cons. This is for my bedroom only.

1) Is it installed through a window? Cause I have a net covering a quarter of my window since my cats live in the same room. It will be risky if the installed aircon leaves out spaces at the window.

2) What are the recommended brands? I only saw Eurospace and LG at courts website but I heard japan brands are better. Where can I find out more window aircons?

3) I currently have my faulty inverter aircon that I want to take it out. How do I go about on this?

Thanks in advanced.
Old 22-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #4748

To coolforfun,
Most brands do not carry non inverter anymore, so I will suggest u get an inverter system instead.
Old 23-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #4749

Hi, I'm looking to purchase a System 2 air-conditioning unit for my HDB 3-rm flat.

Do I need to go for inverter? or non-inverter will do?

Which aircon company from the below is the best?

1) Gain City

2) CT Air-con

3) STL Air-conditioning

4) Hong Tar

Thanks in advance for all the feedbacks!
Daikin still got non-inverter air con
aunty lucy likes this.
Old 25-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #4750

Bro Toshiba Aircon Flap is very weak just be careful, it break easily. I am referring to the inside that 1 can turn left and right 1.

I got my Aircon Man to install Daikin previously used Toshiba, all the Toshiba Flap all break......

I installed a panasonic for my Rabbit room also very good. Panasonic very cold.

If you need aircon service you can try my aircon man 97808720 (Jay) & Lucas (96992287).
Hi, just curious how often do you adjust the flap till it break easily.
Old 25-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #4751

I was being quoted:
Mitsubishi
MXY3A28/MSYGE18/10/10 - $3,050
MXY3A28/MSYGE18/13 - $2,750
Reuse old piping (approx. 10 yrs old)

Is this considered cheap?
Old 25-08-2014, 04:54 PM   #4752

I was being quoted:
Mitsubishi
MXY3A28/MSYGE18/10/10 - $3,050
MXY3A28/MSYGE18/13 - $2,750
Reuse old piping (approx. 10 yrs old)

Is this considered cheap?
I don't know about the other set, but for MXY3A28/MSYGE18/13 I was quoted the same price including new piping + new bracket + power point. So yes, it seems a bit expensive. But what does your price include apart from the condenser + fancoil units?
Old 25-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #4753

Hi all,

Would anybody able to advise recommended quotation for system 3 Mitsubishi Starmex (2x12k btu, 1x9kbtu)

Was given estimation of 3500+- by 2 different aircon service company. This is for replacing 8 year old Toshiba inverter system 3. I believe have to reuse old pipe, as they are mostly concealed in walls.

TIA
Old 25-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #4754

Anybody can advise quoted $2900 for both Mitsubishi Starmex & Panasonic System 3 9k BTU each.

Should go for which brand?

Also current trunking is just nice however gonna install a tv feature wall there.

Was told i hv no other choice but to move the fancoil further right which is the middle of the wall.

Really not advisable to install above TV? =X
Old 25-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #4755

need some advise. recently renovating my hub flat of 30 years old. Wanted to install new aircon the whole house.

masterbedroom = 4.7m x 3.5m
room 1 = 4.6m x 3.2m
room 2 = 4.6m x 2.7m
living room = 4.6m x 4.2m
dining hall = 3.5m x 3.2m

Was being proposed by renovator the below 3 Starmex system 4 option
- Mxy3a28va + 9000btu x 3 + 18000btu x 1
- Mxy4a28va + 9000btu x 3 + 18000btu x 1
- Mxy4a38va + 9000btu x 3 + 18000btu x 1

Which is a better option, I have been to friends' house whereby the aircon is not able to cool the whole house. This is what I don't like about it. But this is the first time I am installing zircon to my house. So need some advise
1 - Which is of a better option?
2 - Normally how much will that cost including piping and installation?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.