Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
hey guys, can check wat is the issue if all 3 Mitsubishi units has continuous blink on the top light indicator after they were on for while and no air is blowing out? (after a power surge) thx!

Fan motor kaput, or PCB faulty, what is the model?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
its Starmex MXY3A28VA. just installed for 1mth + only.

How bout all indoor units for 3 was the same?
I meant indoor model such as GE10 or 24VA?
Either all 3 units are blinking?

If 3 units blinking that meant gas leakage.

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How bout all indoor units for 3 was the same?
I meant indoor model such as GE10 or 24VA?
Either all 3 units are blinking?

If 3 units blinking that meant gas leakage.

MSYGE10VAR2, it was working until a power surge occurred after turning the circuit breaker on again and oning the aircon in less than 5 mins, the top indicator light would be blinking constantly. all 3 units also top light blinking.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
MSYGE10VAR2, it was working until a power surge occurred after turning the circuit breaker on again and oning the aircon in less than 5 mins, it will become the top indicator light is blinking constantly. all 3 units also top light blinking.

Call back to the shop and arrange technical and check for you, most likely gas all gone.

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call back to the shop and arrange technical and check for you, most likely gas all gone.

Thx power surge will affect the gas? I called mitshibishi directly already since still under warranty

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thx power surge will affect the gas? I called mitshibishi directly already since still under warranty

Gas leakage due to lack installer.
No gas at all, so you won't feel cold anymore and the signal sign for blinking and tells you needs to check it out.

ybeex92

Reaction score
Hello all,

In urgent need to install a/c in my house.

I have read the thread and I am still trying to figure out which brand and models to choose from.

Can I have some recommendations for system 3 with good energy efficiency at a more economical price?

Thanks a lot in advance.

iluvspree

Reaction score
Hi Experts,

Need urgent advice on sys 4 installation, my old sys 3 has problem need replacement :(

So far I have checked on starmex sys 4 & did on-site survey by Star Cool (Aron/Ah boon), this is the quotation, seems good deal?

Starmex old: $3850nett

- Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4A28 / MSYGE18VA + MSYGE10VA X 3 (18kbtu + 9kbtu X 3)

Starmex new: $4550nett
- Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4G28 / MSXYFJ18VR + MSXYFJ10VR X 3 (18kbtu + 9kbtu X 3)

optional stainless steel bracket at $150 nett

- 1/2 inch Armaflex class "O" insulation
- G22 copper pipe
- 16mm drainage pvc pipe
- Keystone Cable (made in singapore)
- free 2 trips installation
- free dismantle & disposal of old air-con
- One year warranty for worksmanship & air-con equipments. Five years warranty for compressor

* Free Site Survey
* Special coordinating work between us and customer’s contractor
* Special appointed installation team
* Special supervising work by head of installer

Got few questions and hope experts can help provide advice;

1) Art Cool reviews seems satisfactory except maintenance issue due to design can incurred extra charges?

2) Daikin Silver Envi seems new? Can't find any reviews and mor energy saving then Starmex. COP is Daikin 4.2 vs Starmex New I duno which COP should look for; full load, part load or weighted and higher count is better?
Starmex new annual energy/cost is higher den Daikin.

3) Advisable to source for Starmex old- Zen series? Tried asking Aron/Ah boon, was told stopped production so bal on market is old units they didn't even bother to source & quote.

4) Based on my understanding; Starmex old vs new, it's not necessary that new is more energy efficient & cost savin since there is a Lock limitation of 8.5amp that applies to all AC brand unless unlocked. Hence new energy savin units might not be as cool (lower energy trade off coolness) and hence not as energy saving as projected??

5) Any other reputable installers to recom? Star Cool seems gd but response is really slow and seems to strongly promote Starmex :(

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ybeex92

Reaction score
Hi all,

is this worth it for Daikin 9000 Btu system 3?

FTKS25DVM x3 + 3MKS71FSG for $3200?

Also is this combination good for energy saving?

Sorry am a noob here.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Experts,

Need urgent advice on sys 4 installation, my old sys 3 has problem need replacement :(

So far I have checked on starmex sys 4 & did on-site survey by Star Cool (Aron/Ah boon), this is the quotation, seems good deal?

Starmex old: $3850nett

- Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4A28 / MSYGE18VA + MSYGE10VA X 3 (18kbtu + 9kbtu X 3)

Starmex new: $4550nett
- Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4G28 / MSXYFJ18VR + MSXYFJ10VR X 3 (18kbtu + 9kbtu X 3)

optional stainless steel bracket at $150 nett

- 1/2 inch Armaflex class "O" insulation
- G22 copper pipe
- 16mm drainage pvc pipe
- Keystone Cable (made in singapore)
- free 2 trips installation
- free dismantle & disposal of old air-con
- One year warranty for worksmanship & air-con equipments. Five years warranty for compressor

* Free Site Survey
* Special coordinating work between us and customer’s contractor
* Special appointed installation team
* Special supervising work by head of installer

Got few questions and hope experts can help provide advice;

1) Art Cool reviews seems satisfactory except maintenance issue due to design can incurred extra charges?

2) Daikin Silver Envi seems new? Can't find any reviews and mor energy saving then Starmex. COP is Daikin 4.2 vs Starmex New I duno which COP should look for; full load, part load or weighted and higher count is better?
Starmex new annual energy/cost is higher den Daikin.

3) Advisable to source for Starmex old- Zen series? Tried asking Aron/Ah boon, was told stopped production so bal on market is old units they didn't even bother to source & quote.

4) Based on my understanding; Starmex old vs new, it's not necessary that new is more energy efficient & cost savin since there is a Lock limitation of 8.5amp that applies to all AC brand unless unlocked. Hence new energy savin units might not be as cool (lower energy trade off coolness) and hence not as energy saving as projected??

5) Any other reputable installers to recom? Star Cool seems gd but response is really slow and seems to strongly promote Starmex :(

Many thanks in advance!

Daikin seen like only single split only
You can check on thier website as well

ME Starmex New vs Old model.
Both are good, if you concern using more than 8 hrs daily per 3 units should take the new one.

From the specs of 8.5A still far away from the standard capacity of BTUs.

Old more are good like don't have minor issue at all.
Just slighly lower capacity BTU if you wanted to turn on all at same time.

Energy saving 5 ticks should be the right choice

martintylor

Reaction score
Hi,

my system 3 air-con (close to 10yrs), have some water droplet formed at part of the trucking at the room (nearer to compressor). My regular air-con service man said that there is problem with the insulator but don't advice changing as it is not cost effective and the problem may come back after 3-4 mths. He recommend us to buy a new air-con system.

Need expert advice here ,although the problem is not that serious yet, as it is not really leaking.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,

my system 3 air-con (close to 10yrs), have some water droplet formed at part of the trucking at the room (nearer to compressor). My regular air-con service man said that there is problem with the insulator but don't advice changing as it is not cost effective and the problem may come back after 3-4 mths. He recommend us to buy a new air-con system.

Need expert advice here ,although the problem is not that serious yet, as it is not really leaking.

Outlet pipe can be solve, you can self check and open out trunking cover then press on Cooper pipe insulation n see wether is insulated condensation?

If yes then change new will do.
Once the copper pipe insulation condensation an issue could be nothing to solved.

skai_11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello, may i check which configuration did you guys choose to run the trunking? Outside the room, or inside the room/hidden behind the wardrobe? Which is better? I'm in a deciding dilemma of running the trunking.

Outside room: Easy/cheaper for repair/maintenance in future
Inside room: More neat and tidy
(No offense to anyone choosing either way)

martintylor

Reaction score
Outlet pipe can be solve, you can self check and open out trunking cover then press on Cooper pipe insulation n see wether is insulated condensation?

If yes then change new will do.
Once the copper pipe insulation condensation an issue could be nothing to solved.

Hi Kev, din know you are an AC expert too. But the insulator just change like 2-3 yrs ago. So fast condense again?

Raymond_Hu

Reaction score
Hi all, my Toshiba inverter FCU always cannot received signal from the remote control. Do anyone recommend somebody who can fix / repair it to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.