Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmathew1108

Reaction score
Hi,i would like to ask. I have a resale condo, currently using 4 R22 aircon, 3 Toshiba and 1 fujitsu, system 3+ system 1. I want to replace the aircons but not the piping as it's all concealed and the condo probably gonnna en bloc within next 10 years so don't see the need to repipe for new inverter r410a system.

For 3 bedrooms have to go with Daikin MA56EV1 as its the only R22 aircon that's available to be purchased new

Now the problem is the living room, are there any single spilt R22 aircons available for sale now? If not is it possible to Run a single spilt from another MA56EV1 as i feel system 4 will be abit overload for a single outdoor.

Also what is the R22 phase out situation like? Can i safely use these aircons for next 10 to 15 years? And i also heard that sales of all R22 aircons will cease in Jan 2016 which includes MA56EV1?

If anyone knows these please advise. Many thanks in advance

shawngkl

Reaction score
Is toshiba good? 3999 for sys 4.

Compressor 34k
Hall 24k
Room 9k x 2
Masterbedroom 12k

Made in Japan.

Speed was so strong as well compared to starmex

Hi cookiemonster

Would you be able to share with me where you get this quote from?

I am interested in getting a Toshiba system 4, anyone has recommendation of vendor with good price & workmanship?

Thanks

keigo22

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone have contact for toshiba RAS-10GKPX Infrared Rays Signal Receiver replacement? I believe the IR board is going to spoil as it is ON and OFF can work with my remote.

I checked my remote and can confirm it is not the remote issue so should be the board issit.

herzog21

Reaction score
hi all, need some advice here on identifying my problem.

I have a mitsubishi electric inverter 3 system in my house. 9k BTU each. when all aircons are on, only the master bedroom is cold and the rest of the rooms alternate between moderately cold and warm. I just had normal cleaning/ chemical wash and gas pumped in recently so could it be a thermostat prob or anything wrong with the PCB board?

Advice greatly appreciated.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Do not buy from TRENTIOS portable aircon/TRENDS!

1) Not cold. Only Cold air! (Even High fan speed and aircon 18 degree also not cold)
2) Exorbitant service charge. If you buy from them, don't get them to service. Their service charge is $200+ onwards. Might as well buy another portable aircon if it's spoilt.
3) Very very noisy. Even at the lowest speed, the sound from the aircon is deafening loud.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, need some advice here on identifying my problem.

I have a mitsubishi electric inverter 3 system in my house. 9k BTU each. when all aircons are on, only the master bedroom is cold and the rest of the rooms alternate between moderately cold and warm. I just had normal cleaning/ chemical wash and gas pumped in recently so could it be a thermostat prob or anything wrong with the PCB board?

Advice greatly appreciated.

Don't think it is PCB problem, since the other rooms sometime cold sometimes hot. PCB problem will mean 1 room is always hot, cos all room PCB problem is a of a low probability

I used to have this problem for the longest time. My aircon cleaning guy helped me solve the problem. Before that, do the following to see if it is the same problem
Set ur master bedroom and another room aircon to the coldest setting first, then do these test.
1) Turn off and on compressor main power. Switch on ur master bedroom aircon. wait about 5 min and observe if there is a "tiank" sound on the compressor. Touch the compressor and see if it is vibrating.

2) Turn off and on compressor main power. Switch on one of the bedroom aircon. Wait about 5 min and observe if there is a "tiank" sound on the compressor. Touch the compressor and see if it is vibrating.

repeat test 1 and 2 a few times and see if the results are consistent.

Ideal case is that for 1) and 2), your compressor should be vibrating. This means that the PCB board in the aircon has successfully switched on the compressor.

I suspect 2) sometimes turn on the compressor and sometimes did not. If so, then it could be a faulty timer delay switch at the compressor.

The compressor has 2 motors. a smaller one for master bedroom and a larger one shared among for the other rooms. The larger motor is normally protected by a timer delay switch. Supposedly, this is to preserve the motor as turning it on and off in rapid succession might reduce the motor's lifespan.

Problem is that the timer switch is not reliable. Ur master bedroom aircon sucessfully turned on the compressor, that's y its always cold. The rooms one, sometimes can switch on the compressor and sometimes did not (due to an unreliable timer delay switch), that's y only the rooms one sometimes cold sometimes hot.

My aircon guy solved it by removing the timer delay switch and hardwire the PCB control line directly to the compressor.

PM me if u want my aircon guy's contact to help troubleshoot

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To herzog21,

It could be a thermistor or expansion valve issue.
There is only 1 compressor for your system 3 outdoor unit.

terumo

Reaction score
To hawthorne,

The scenario you describe is correct for non inverter units which have 2 compressor.

Shadow79

Reaction score
I am looking for a reliable aircon installer for my new 4-rm BTO unit. My wife gotten a quote from the existing guy her office is using but I find the quote is much higher than from retailers like Gain City. As such I would like to source for alternative quotes. I am looking at Mitsubishi aircon, either System 4 or System 3 + Standalone unit. You can PM me if the topic is sensitive. Thanks in advance.

PPkiller

Reaction score
1DEE0F5A-E72E-4937-B927-81DB324560EA_zpsaayrdh31.jpg
how to know if my unit is on 8.5A or higher without climbing out to check?

ongbenghui

Reaction score
Anyone got experience with the new Mitsubishi Starmex vs the old one ? ie... MSYFJ10 vs MSYGE10, MXY3G28VA vs MXY3A28VA. The price quote that I got is about 20~25% more expensive. Just wondering if it is worth the difference.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Anyone got experience with the new Mitsubishi Starmex vs the old one ? ie... MSYFJ10 vs MSYGE10, MXY3G28VA vs MXY3A28VA. The price quote that I got is about 20~25% more expensive. Just wondering if it is worth the difference.

New is always going an expensive, but 5 ticks should be ok for the bills.

Boeing101

Reaction score
Have 2 new Panasonic compressor CS-S24RKH and 4 wall mounting indoor unit.
have not unbox yet.
intend to fix into a 4 rm HDB.
Anyone can recommend reliable contractor to Install?
What is the cost?

Boeing101

Reaction score
I think no contractor in singapore will install for me. Cost it mean they make less money, much less.
I think i can get Johore contractor to install leow.

Like my case, local contractor charge S$5k to nearly 6k.
JB ccontractor charge at lower end of S$3k include manpower, aircon, transport and etc.
When JB workers arrive, i can still afford to give each a RM100 AngBao to do a swee swee job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.