Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luffy Pirate King

Reaction score
Having a aircon problem now, but service uncle narrow it down.

Long story short, my panasonic inverter system 3 ac all 3 unit blowing wind, and very mild cool wind. Uncle touch the fin inside the fan unit, not cold and no water droplets. Hence he check the compressor, the alu piping connecting to the fan unit is freezing, and gas is filled. So he mention it could be a internal (or call extender) valve that connects to the alu piping could be damaged. He is helping to get one for me from Panasonic headquarter, he will try the new valve on all 3 internal (extender) valve to determine which valve gives way.

Just to check, with the symptom mentioned, fin not cold no water droplets, and valve from compressor shows "freezing" sign, just that the fan unit is not coming out any cold air/wind.
Any guru and expert can advise if the uncle is correct mah? And say if the uncle is wrong :(, is there any professional i can find that specialize in rectifying Panasonic aircon problems besides washing/cleaning?

Sorry for my lengthy post, wanted to keep it short thou :)

Thanks in advance for any help/advise rendered.

Maserati

Reaction score
I think no contractor in singapore will install for me. Cost it mean they make less money, much less.
I think i can get Johore contractor to install leow.

Like my case, local contractor charge S$5k to nearly 6k.
JB ccontractor charge at lower end of S$3k include manpower, aircon, transport and etc.
When JB workers arrive, i can still afford to give each a RM100 AngBao to do a swee swee job.

New flat?
If I am not wrong air conditioner have to be installed by BCA trained installer and have to submit report.

Perhaps those who have submitted installation report care to comment

Boeing101

Reaction score
New flat?
If I am not wrong air conditioner have to be installed by BCA trained installer and have to submit report.

Perhaps those who have submitted installation report care to comment

Thanks.
someone with BCA train willing to work with gp of malaysian installer pls contact me.
I would rather let you earn $300 for a day of supervision service than give to singapore retailers who in turn pay their worker peanut and hence substandard service.

C.A.S_81134479

Reaction score
Hi,i would like to ask. I have a resale condo, currently using 4 R22 aircon, 3 Toshiba and 1 fujitsu, system 3+ system 1. I want to replace the aircons but not the piping as it's all concealed and the condo probably gonnna en bloc within next 10 years so don't see the need to repipe for new inverter r410a system.

For 3 bedrooms have to go with Daikin MA56EV1 as its the only R22 aircon that's available to be purchased new

Now the problem is the living room, are there any single spilt R22 aircons available for sale now? If not is it possible to Run a single spilt from another MA56EV1 as i feel system 4 will be abit overload for a single outdoor.

Also what is the R22 phase out situation like? Can i safely use these aircons for next 10 to 15 years? And i also heard that sales of all R22 aircons will cease in Jan 2016 which includes MA56EV1?

If anyone knows these please advise. Many thanks in advance
Yet to receive any official notice on the exact phase out date for all R22 products. But, as studies have demonstrated that R22 (containing HCFCs) is harmful to the ozone layer, Singapore has signed the Montreal Protocol to freeze all production and selling of Hydro-Chlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), including R22 refrigerant in air conditioners, by 2016. Yes, MA56EV1 included. Owners can continue using their R22 products but as the supply of R22 refrigerant decreases, prices for R22 refrigerant and replacement spare parts are bound to increase.

The average lifespan of any aircon unit will vary based on how much usage and maintenance it gets. If it's well taken care of, you can expect to get up to 12-15 years out of it. Regular self-cleaning of air filters and quarterly or biannually servicing by professionals will definitely play a big part in prolonging it's lifespan.

Currently, brand new Daikin Non-inverter Single-Split and System 3 are still available. I've PM and shared with you the different options and prices. Cheers! :s13:

limwh88

Reaction score
Recommend Aircon Installation Company

I know nothing about aircon but planning to replace my house aircon with system 2 aircon. Went to Imm to check out some prices at gain city, cool world aircon and best tech aircon. Cool world and best tech offering attactive prices but i am scare of their installation after reading some of the review. planning to get it change before mid of dec. anybody can help? thank you!:o

ikingsleyu

Reaction score
system 2 aircon very simple and direct job, no matter you buy from Gain City/Best Tech/Cool World, their installer also can do a good job for you..if only install 2 unit aircon their installer also cant install well then they can close their business ady

Reply To limwh88

shawngkl

Reaction score
Hi my living room (old hdb) is 6600 x 6700 (square shape), can anyone advise me how much BTU needed to cool it? I intent to also have a ceiling fan. Is a 22BTU / 24BTU fancoil possible?

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bad Experience with Gain City

It clearly states Gauge 22 in the invoice, and the sales man ran through with me at the Store after the invoice was printed. Today during installation, they say the salesman typo it's Gauge 23 instead. "Standard Package etc".

Seems like a standard Bait and switch tactic.

Salesman also said I can either retain my current unit or they can help to dispose. No extra charges.

Today during installation, installer says they will charge if we wish to retain the current unit.

Be careful with unscrupulous salesmen with Gain City, run through and record the conversation with them and go through the invoice carefully. Eventually settled for keeping the air con without additional charges, but really disappointing to see this from an established big retailer.

Just go with any small shops instead. I feel quite cheated..

Last edited:

Neverland99

Reaction score
Bad Experience with Gain City

It clearly states Gauge 22 in the invoice, and the sales man ran through with me at the Store after the invoice was printed. Today during installation, they say the salesman typo it's Gauge 23 instead. "Standard Package etc".

Seems like a standard Bait and switch tactic.

Salesman also said I can either retain my current unit or they can help to dispose. No extra charges.

Today during installation, installer says they will charge if we wish to retain the current unit.

Be careful with unscrupulous salesmen with Gain City, run through and record the conversation with them and go through the invoice carefully. Eventually settled for keeping the air con without additional charges, but really disappointing to see this from an established big retailer.

Just go with any small shops instead. I feel quite cheated..

Can share you buy from which branch / outlet ?

caisin

Reaction score
Hi, looking for aircon ( Daikin or any other good recommend)
mine is 4 room HDB 104ft, i need a system 3 unit, which brands is suit for me?
and where or which shop is better choice? thanks advance

Kevin10

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Recently inquire about MIT Electric System 3 A/C from Gaincity, please advise if this is the best deal or can neg for FOC upgrade of the copper pipe/insulation ?

Mit Electric Sys 3(2ticks model)/ 28k compressor/ 18kbtu x 1, 9kbtu x 2
Price: SGD3079
Upgrade the copper pipe/Insuation - SGD180

Advice ? Thanks.

alexliu1979

Reaction score
Hi, need recommendations for replacing current system 3 aircon. Current I have "Mitsubishi electric" Starmex installed. Horrible experience with aircon itself and craftsmanship from the shop.

Replaced starting capacitor
Replaced control board TWICE
Bolt and nuts problem and caused leaking
One fan coil dead
Pipe is leaking here and there

All happened after just 5 years of warranty.

Want to find out:
1) want to have a 5 ticks outdoor unit with the longest warranty
2) a good installation service on scraping current system and install the new system with the longest warranty

Thanks for any suggestion!

GBC

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just finished my aircon installation on 17 Nov 2015. My experience is as follows
Initially I sourced 3 quotes for a Mitsubishi Electric system which consists of :-
MXY-2E20VA + 2 x MSY-GE13VA &
MXY-3A28VA + MSY-GE13VA + MSY-GE18VA
Installation includes :-
•22SWG (1/4”) copper pipe (new)
•Separate 3/4" Armaflex insulation for gas and discharge pipe
•16mm diameter PVC water drainage pipe with 1/4'' insulation
•Replacement/ patch up of false ceiling

The 3 quotes I received were Newway Systems $6,500, Gain City $6,728 and another contractor recommended by a Bro in the forum here $9,000.

Only the forum recommended contractor and Newway System did the site survey, Gain City appointment for site survey was fully booked until the following month. I paid $60 for the site survey by Newway System which was offset subsequently when I awarded the job to them. Nothing to shout about forum recommended contractor's site survey as he just ask where you want to place the aircon and he just quote accordingly to what I want.

For Newway system, he could tell me that the original aircon layout in my place was incorrect and recommended me where the correct placement should be. He also recommend me to take Mitsubishi Heavy Industries rather than Mitsubishi Elect aircon as he has been servicing quite a number of PCB board failure in Mitsubishi Electric Aircon. He recommended me the following instead:-
MITSUBISHI HEAVY System 2 (SCM60ZJS (BTU25,590)/ SRK35ZM (BTU12,000) X 2)-$2,600
MITSUBISHI HEAVY System 1 (SRK/SRC71 ZM-S) BTU24,300- $2,300
Labour Charges - $900.
Total was around $5,992 after discount and reimbursed survey fees.

The installation took about 1.25 days. Overall I'm very satisfied with their work.

Last edited:

spidy25

Reaction score
Daikin 4mk90hvec8, is it a R22 or R410 system ?

After doing some research I realised that R22 system is phasing out so I intend to replace my Daikin (almost 10 years old).

Question is do I need to redo the piping ? Understand R22 and R410 piping are not compatible due to different specification.

Any expert out there to shed some light ?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
After doing some research I realised that R22 system is phasing out so I intend to replace my Daikin (almost 10 years old).

Question is do I need to redo the piping ? Understand R22 and R410 piping are not compatible due to different specification.

Any expert out there to shed some light ?

If walls concealed then high pressure test will do.
If just running with trunking then 100% from my suggestion to be redo and remove all, then replace with all new.

Cause the old insulation can't take the R410a gas and cooling condensation anyway.

The only way new insulation can be prevent water condensation in pipeline with new insulation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.