Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynic_

Reaction score
Has anyone used L-Tech Air-Con before? Their prices seem quite attractive...

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi experts..

I would like to seek advice on purchasing air-con for my bto

the brands I am looking at is either Mitsubishi or Daikin

I would like fix one air-con unit at my living room, one at my master-bed room, one at my study room and one at my guest room. total: 4 units.

what models should I be looking at and which contractors should I approach to ask for quotation?

TIA

inspire85

Reaction score
Anyone tried this company Harvest Aire before? It's price is quite competitive but I scared workmanship not good. Thanks in advance

dammad

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone went with air connection before? just dont go for big box's coolbox. want to pay more to upgrade copper/insulation give attitude sio

tobacko

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Just to share my cleaning tip! Most of us usually only clean the fan coil unit (wall unit) but don't forget about the compressor! What I will do routinely is to spray a strong jet of water over the compressor fins to dislodge any dirt and dust. You may wish to off the main power first but it's not necessary since the outdoor unit is weather proof. Try it and feel the difference! :)

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bad Experience with Gain City

It clearly states Gauge 22 in the invoice, and the sales man ran through with me at the Store after the invoice was printed. Today during installation, they say the salesman typo it's Gauge 23 instead. "Standard Package etc".

Seems like a standard Bait and switch tactic.

Salesman also said I can either retain my current unit or they can help to dispose. No extra charges.

Today during installation, installer says they will charge if we wish to retain the current unit.

Be careful with unscrupulous salesmen with Gain City, run through and record the conversation with them and go through the invoice carefully. Eventually settled for keeping the air con without additional charges, but really disappointing to see this from an established big retailer.

Just go with any small shops instead. I feel quite cheated..

If written black n white on the invoice you have a case. There's no such thing as typo unless its acknowledged by you on the invoice.

goready

Reaction score
1) Can anyone advise difference between armaflex class '0' and class ''?
2) I have heard of yamato insulation and was recommended by a salesperson. Is it better than armaflex?
3) Do you need to pay extra for insulation on the return to compressor from fancoil copper and pvc piping? Because a salesperson told me that the return piping don't need insulation because it is hot.
Thanks in advance.

ngsimlim

Reaction score
Hi all bros,

Sincerely seek your advice if the price quote of $4,350 for the below is reasonable?

Thanks in advance!
Sim

MSY-GE24VA x1
MSY-GE10VA x3

Comes with:
* Armaflex 1/2" thick insulation
* 16mm drainage pipe
* copper pipe gauge 23
* 3core x 40 Keystone wire

limwh88

Reaction score
need some serious help

I approached all best to install LG system 2 for me tmr. they today then tell me that i need to find people to remove my existing PVC that are covering all my pipes. My contract with them includes new copper pipes. They tmr will help me check if the pipes still can be use or we need to find another party to remove the PVC.
will like to check whether is an regular practice that are done by other company also? And if i am using back the same pipe, is it safe to use? Lastly if i use back the same pipe, what's the market price for the new pipes that can be deduct through the whole price that i am paying for tmr? need help! thank you people.
GetAttachment.aspx

lamer

Reaction score
Encountered one aircon company which wanted to charge me a hefty amount for a overhaul chemical wash first before proceeding with a repair.

I then engaged another aircon company and they came to my place and replaced the one part and it's fixed my aircon problem.

Let me know if anyone is interested to know the company name for awareness

tomoya

Reaction score
i got this quotation from a contractor. Want to check with ur if it is a good deal?

l) Daikin inverter multi split wall mounted, sys-3

with run new refrigerant pipe anf drainage pipe, complete with insulation, signal wire, stc

Model: 3MKS71ESG / 3 X FTKS25DVM 3 X 9000BTU, R410, IPh, 20Amp

Optional: Stainless steel bracket $150 per set

Cost $3000

terumo

Reaction score
To goready,

Return pipe temperature is colder then the discharge pipe, in fact, return pipe must have insulation.

To tomoya,
This price is reasonable.

To limwh88,
Removal of the pipes should be included in the installation cost.

JasonNgks

Reaction score
To Tomoya,

I went to Daikin shop at One KM mall, they also quoted 3k for everything.

Last edited:

yfWong

Reaction score
Is LG system 3 made in Korea a good buy?

Gain city selling 3500+ including bracket, premium warranty and upgraded trunking.

teck13

Reaction score
Recently replaced my old sys 2 with MHI sys3. Share my experience. Yamato insulation is nice. But very disappointed with the workmanship of the installer. Tell then what I want when they arrived, everything can. Installing halfway, start to combine the 2 copper tubing into 1 insulator in order to squeeze thru' a box-up between 2 rooms. Ask them sure or not can put the gas and liquid tubes in 1 insulator.
They said they had done it before and no complain.
Feedback on their wms guarantee card, no reply.
Although the air con is cold, but still fell not comfortable.

tancheeru

Reaction score
Hi,

Need advise on the below daikin aircon. Anyone have experienceon it? is it enough power to run 3 in-door unit at the same time?

daikin non-inverter MA56EV1 (20267 BTU) with x 3 FT25DVM (9000 BTU)

Currently my aircon "Mitsubishi inverter system 3 aircon (3 1/2 year)was not cold since the technician chemical wash 1 of the coil, changing 2 of the thermistor and pump the gas. They tried changing gas, evacuation still not cold.
The weird thing was the aircon will cold for few hour only then it become not cold again. confirm by technician it's not gas leaking. any one experience this and have solution on this?"

Last edited:

khroness

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tiagong inverter ac gas no need to top up one because recycle?? why gain city top my newly mistubishi inverter gas when i complaint the ac blow normal winds instead of cold wind..

and they said it could be leaking from either condenser or the pipe..

since i am using back my old pipe, they asked me to pay to test the gas leaking..

if it's condenser it's under warranty but if it is pipe problem no warranty..

not sure they want to smoke me or what

kenaacheated

Reaction score
My aircon was serviced by your company (Cooling aircon service) paid chemical wash $150 + 100 for 2 units, + $50 for condenser.
Still not cold, try to call more than 8 times never pick up my call.
I engage other company and found the problem.

This is my experience, just sharing to people in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.