Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
To khroness,
Newly installed aircon shouldn't need to top up gas unless there is a leakage somewhere.
Need to pressure test to determine where is the leakage.

Samantha4love

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for aircon with a quieter outdoor unit, sys 3. Courts recommended LG health+ inverter as LG is providing 5 year warranty promotion until end of this month.

I see a lot of people say artcool mirror is better, or that ME cannot go wrong. But I don't see any technical explanations why, only personal experiences.

Can anyone advise if LG health+ inverter is good enough? What am I missing if I don't get Artcool Mirror or ME?

Eddie H

Reaction score
Hi Kenaacheated,

Eddie here! Mind to share your invoice slip or invoice number? I would very much like to arrange for some compensation for you IF you're GENUINELY our customer and have been treated THAT badly! Cos i tried to find for a $300 invoice with job done as you've described, don't have leh. WEIRD! Somemore the amount you say stated on your invoice also damn weird leh.. maximum we charge for chemical overhaul is $130 for BTU 24k only. And our SG50 promo for compressor servicing @ $50 ended in September. You got call correct number bo? I never receive EIGHT missed call from anybody before leh. My assistant also never, driver also never. Nobody in my company receive leh. WEIRD! Dont say eight, every single one missed call we also will call back lor.. one call = one business. Most of my smart regular customers will sms then i call back when i free. You never text? You should be damn smart also ma.. Your sixth sense told you that you will kena cheated even before you got a HWZ account so you register such a user name ya? LOL!

sgdividends

Reaction score
I very confused now.

Anyone tried Ucool and any complaints?

I read Qoo10 and see they have many good reviews and no complaints but i still want to seek opinions before i sign contract..sian to change so many

Considered signing for course to learn to clean myself!

empirestrike

Reaction score
Hi Kenaacheated,

Eddie here! Mind to share your invoice slip or invoice number? I would very much like to arrange for some compensation for you IF you're GENUINELY our customer and have been treated THAT badly! Cos i tried to find for a $300 invoice with job done as you've described, don't have leh. WEIRD! Somemore the amount you say stated on your invoice also damn weird leh.. maximum we charge for chemical overhaul is $130 for BTU 24k only. And our SG50 promo for compressor servicing @ $50 ended in September. You got call correct number bo? I never receive EIGHT missed call from anybody before leh. My assistant also never, driver also never. Nobody in my company receive leh. WEIRD! Dont say eight, every single one missed call we also will call back lor.. one call = one business. Most of my smart regular customers will sms then i call back when i free. You never text? You should be damn smart also ma.. Your sixth sense told you that you will kena cheated even before you got a HWZ account so you register such a user name ya? LOL!

woh... keep cool bro...
:s12::s13::):s22:

sKeLeT0n

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody replaced fcu fan motor before? Can recommend contractor that does supply and installation?

My mitsubishi electric MSY-GE26VA fan motor appear to be malfunctioning .

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
After trying Trends/Trentios air-con, I can only say don't ever buy Trends/Trentios portable.

1) Not cold at all.

2) Noisy

3) Delivery men tried to charge us installation fees even though it was clearly stated in invoice that installation is free.

4) Servicing is $250 and upwards. According to customer reviews, they will pretend to take away your air-con, then tell you that compressor needs to change and charge you $250 and upwards every servicing.

terumo

Reaction score
To sKeLeT0n

I estimate to be ~$300 for the fan motor replacement?

Last edited:

Impre2a

Reaction score
Currently using Mitsubishi Inverter Starmex system 4 since 2009 replacing my 8 year old Daikin. Both brand I considered as excellent.

9x9x9x18 - configurations

My current starmex i think is the First Gen model, so far never break down. Did the usual maintenance over the years.

Moving on to my new BTO, I just purchased and installed the latest Mitsubishi System 4 starmex 5 ticks. Bought from Gain city, overall installation is fine. Some upgrades such as Armaflex, piping 16mm, copper 22. yet to move in to my new hse to test the actual power consumption.

Current config
9x9x9x24

As a heavy user, my AC is on almost 24/7 on daily basis. I hope Power consumption with 5 star ratings will help.

IMHO, its best to get a System 4 rather than a sys 3. Why? SG so hot. Living room sometimes need AC when me & wife hang around in the living room. It will be uncomfortable without AC. Pls I don't plan to install ceiling FAN. These fan won't help much to cool down the living room except blowing hot air.

I believe those that checked the first 20 pages in this thread will know the exact date I install my System 4 Starmex. Didn't expect this thread would grow to 446. hahaha

Is the new 5 tick better comparing to the old model (2 tick) for the Starmex ? Moving to BTO and is choosing between the old and new model... any bro has advice ?

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Is 15amp round powerpoint sufficient for system 2 aircon?, was told by installer i need to install a isolator or else may trip
Thanks!

empirestrike

Reaction score
After trying Trends/Trentios air-con, I can only say don't ever buy Trends/Trentios portable.

1) Not cold at all.

2) Noisy

3) Delivery men tried to charge us installation fees even though it was clearly stated in invoice that installation is free.

4) Servicing is $250 and upwards. According to customer reviews, they will pretend to take away your air-con, then tell you that compressor needs to change and charge you $250 and upwards every servicing.

woooo :(:(:(

Samantha4love

Reaction score
Decided to get LG Health+. Heh.

I noticed that the installer didn't cover up the insulation pipes coming out from the the outdoor unit, saying that there's no space. Is this ok? Will it the outdoor unit spoil easier, or lead to leaking? It's usually the white casing that covers over the pipings from the outdoor unit.

Btw, My MBR rarely switch on air con, (once a year kind) and the installation guy says we should run the unit at least once a week for 15 mins.

He also says that when one unit spoil, the other units can't work also.

He also mentioned that we cannot frequently change temperatures, but I'm not sure what he means by 'frequently'. Does he mean changing within the same hour? Or is changing per 2-3 hours alright?

Are these true? I'm trying to see how much we can get away without servicing since we used to only service the old aircon after 10 years.

Any other tips on how to take care of the inverter aircon (other than regular servicing, as its known already)?

teck13

Reaction score
Nea making all effort to put ticks on systems. Very well done.
Maybe some other agency should implement stars or ticks system
on installers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.