Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

handmitten

Reaction score
LG?

Hey guys,

Was at Gain City to look at Misubishi Electric (ME) or Daikin - System 3(9/9/18 BTU), and sales person highly recommended LG healthplus.
- Made in Korea, compared to others which are made in Thailand
- Silent, think same specs as ME at 19 DB
- 4 Ticks for System 3, comparing to ME at 2 ticks
- Considering current promotion giving $180 choice vouchers, the price is about same as ME

Any feedback and advice on LG? Thanks in advance and Happy 2016!

blacksmith

Reaction score
Got Toshiba inverter Sys-3 installed. Confused about the filter placement. Shall the blue color surface facing outside or the green one?

The two images online seem confusing also
iaq-plain.jpg

iaq-picture.jpg

lwch_1990

Reaction score
One out of three of my Aircon unit is acting erratic, it spit out water instead of leaking. I tried adjusting the fan speed and temperature but the situation is still the same. Wonder have anyone experience this before?

shaoyuan

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was at Gain City to look at Misubishi Electric (ME) or Daikin - System 3(9/9/18 BTU), and sales person highly recommended LG healthplus.
- Considering current promotion giving $180 choice vouchers, the price is about same as ME

Really depends on you, LG has lesser spare parts and not all contractors will want to do corrective maintenance. In Singapore, go for Daikin or Mitsubishi electric will give u a better peace of mind. If you are looking for ME 2 ticks, Daikin has the 3 tick model equivalent to offer. Suggest you check it out! Cheers!

shaoyuan

Reaction score
Is the new 5 tick better comparing to the old model (2 tick) for the Starmex ? Moving to BTO and is choosing between the old and new model... any bro has advice ?

Depends on you, the new Starmex indoor unit is much bigger in size. 923W x 250D x 305H vs 798W x 232D x 295D . If you don't mind the size then you can go for the 5 tick models.

shaoyuan

Reaction score
any info on the dalkin R32a refrigerant as compare to R401a?

thanks

Main difference in the gas is the global warming potential. R410a has 2090 GWP while R32 is at 675. R32 efficiency is also must better than R410a gas.

thinthin1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was at Gain city few days ago. Looking for Sytem 3 , 9/9/9 BTU. They also recommended LG too. Reason is LG compressor unit is using system 4 BTU to drive 3 indoor unit and they have 4 ticks. In the end I still get the latest Misubishi Starmex with 5 ticks because I want to save electrical bill.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Was at Gain city few days ago. Looking for Sytem 3 , 9/9/9 BTU. They also recommended LG too. Reason is LG compressor unit is using system 4 BTU to drive 3 indoor unit and they have 4 ticks. In the end I still get the latest Misubishi Starmex with 5 ticks because I want to save electrical bill.

how much you bought it.

xiao_cai7

Reaction score
Dear Bros,

Based on my air-con requirements below, Tim Wong from Renotalk recommended me "YorK'

I read 2 bad stories from renotalk using York, wanted to know the general feedback for $500 more to get a Mitsubishi?

Worth saving $500, my concern is repair costs for York is expensive due to uncommon.

My requirements
1) Recommend a system 4 air con, preferred brands in no order
> Mitsubishi/Daikin/ Panasonic
> 2) Must be cheap to run, as we rarely sleep in aircon room
> 3) Prefer small compressor, as current compressor size cannot open master
> bedroom window
> 4) Must be easy to maintain with low costs.
> 5) R410A refrigerant only

Tim's justification for York
Reason to propose this brand as simple as your request. less usage, cheap, easy maintenance, low condenser height and also energy efficiency very high. Suit your needs.

York System 4
YCHMYC28BAMSA/ YPHMXC009BAMS*3 (9,000 btu x 3) + YPHMXC018BAMS (18,000
btu x 1)
Price of York: $3,399 net (Outdoor condenser is sitting on bracket (because there is no aircon ledge/ platform) so should add one stainless steel Bracket add $100 net. All in $3,499 net.

Mitsubishi System 4
Price of Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4A28 / MSYGE18VA + MSYGE10VA X 3 (18kbtu + 9kbtu X 3) $3,850 +(Outdoor condenser is sitting on bracket (because there is no aircon ledge/ platform) so should add one stainless steel Bracket add $100 net. All in $3,950 net

darkworldz

Reaction score
Hi any air con experts can advise me?

one of my air cons finally died and i decided to change all of my air cons together since i have been using them for 15 years.

I went to consult gaincity and courts with gain city hardselling mitsubishi 5 ticks while courts hardselling LG and midea. But strange that courts had only max 4 ticks for LG, midea and mitsubishi models while gain city had 5 ticks models.

Any1 can recommend me which brands to get?

Is changing the pipes necessary as well? Courts came to my house for a consultation and said that the water pipes were unreplaceable as they were run below the floors and that only the gas pipes could be changed and would require lots of cash to hack and slash and recommended not changing the pipes.

Thanks for your help :)

shaoyuan

Reaction score
Hi any air con experts can advise me?

one of my air cons finally died and i decided to change all of my air cons together since i have been using them for 15 years.

I went to consult gaincity and courts with gain city hardselling mitsubishi 5 ticks while courts hardselling LG and midea. But strange that courts had only max 4 ticks for LG, midea and mitsubishi models while gain city had 5 ticks models.

Any1 can recommend me which brands to get?

Is changing the pipes necessary as well? Courts came to my house for a consultation and said that the water pipes were unreplaceable as they were run below the floors and that only the gas pipes could be changed and would require lots of cash to hack and slash and recommended not changing the pipes.

Thanks for your help :)

hello, if you looking for more ticks, then suggest u get the 5 tick model from Mitsubishi. Probably courts did not take in the new Mitsubishi 5 tick model and push for LG and midea Instead. In the long run spare part and servicing, Mitsubishi will be better.

Your pipe is 15 years old, I suggest you to change new pipe to ensure your lifespan of your new aircon. And instead of hacking the wall, run the new pipes with trunking along the wall. It's ugly but got to live with it!

Cheers!

darkworldz

Reaction score
hello, if you looking for more ticks, then suggest u get the 5 tick model from Mitsubishi. Probably courts did not take in the new Mitsubishi 5 tick model and push for LG and midea Instead. In the long run spare part and servicing, Mitsubishi will be better.

Your pipe is 15 years old, I suggest you to change new pipe to ensure your lifespan of your new aircon. And instead of hacking the wall, run the new pipes with trunking along the wall. It's ugly but got to live with it!

Cheers!

Hi thank you for your help.
Are there any downsides to using an old pipe?? it seems like it is impossible to to run the pipes along the wall without hacking some of the wall as the bracket or whatever it is called which holds the huge outdoor unit is placed at an awkward position which to link all the aircon needs to pass some of the walls.

Thank you!

ET_phonehome

Reaction score

Cheers!

hi,
my unit is a national system 3. there's existing trunking, can the old pipping be replaced? my existing unit is about > 12 years.
thanks!

thinthin1

Reaction score
Any issue with standby power for the new Starmex 5 ticks system 3 ? I alway off the main power and on it at night for my old air con . The technician suggest to on it 24/7 unless you are not using it for a long period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.