Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaoyuan

Reaction score
Hi thank you for your help.
Are there any downsides to using an old pipe?? it seems like it is impossible to to run the pipes along the wall without hacking some of the wall as the bracket or whatever it is called which holds the huge outdoor unit is placed at an awkward position which to link all the aircon needs to pass some of the walls.

Thank you!

Hi there! Sorry for the late response. The installer just have to ensure the pipe is in good condition and pipe is flush clean. This is to prevent future leaking of gas problem and life span of your compressor. You Still can take the risk if you want!

shaoyuan

Reaction score
hi,
my unit is a national system 3. there's existing trunking, can the old pipping be replaced? my existing unit is about > 12 years.
thanks!

If you are going to change a new aircon, best recommended is to change the pipe if there isn't a hassle.

eting72

Reaction score
You bought from gain city? Does it come with extended warranty.

yes but the 5 yr warranty is by LG and they charge for transport. if u add $99, support will be provided from gain city which includes it, the amt shd be ard $80 per trip.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
The panasonic aircon nanoe-g automatically activate when aircon is turn on is there a disable it to prevent it from start up.

tiredoflife

Reaction score
Hello, how much electricity does 5 tick save compared to a 3 tick one? thank you!

i am looking for a 3 inverter air conditioner too and would like recommendations. thanks!

eting72

Reaction score
Hello, how much electricity does 5 tick save compared to a 3 tick one? thank you!

i am looking for a 3 inverter air conditioner too and would like recommendations. thanks!

don't think there's any 3 ticks, it's either 2, 4 or 5 ticks.
the 5 ticks runs on a weaker compressor unit and cost approximately $500 more. it takes about 5 years or more to break even and that's provided u use it daily for min 8 hrs. in 5 years, u might be changing again as electronics these days aren't as long lasting.
u can do your own maths.
as for consumption rate, maybe others with the newly installed system can advise.

tiredoflife

Reaction score
don't think there's any 3 ticks, it's either 2, 4 or 5 ticks.
the 5 ticks runs on a weaker compressor unit and cost approximately $500 more. it takes about 5 years or more to break even and that's provided u use it daily for min 8 hrs. in 5 years, u might be changing again as electronics these days aren't as long lasting.
u can do your own maths.
as for consumption rate, maybe others with the newly installed system can advise.

i see thank you! the last time i got an air con was so long ago there weren't many with ticks last time haha. I plan to use it for at least 10 years, i guess i should settle for the 5 ticks or 4 ticks one.

do you have any trustworthy shops that sells air conditioner to recommend? Saw stlairconditioning having some promotion but not sure about the their service. Thanks!

eting72

Reaction score
i see thank you! the last time i got an air con was so long ago there weren't many with ticks last time haha. I plan to use it for at least 10 years, i guess i should settle for the 5 ticks or 4 ticks one.

do you have any trustworthy shops that sells air conditioner to recommend? Saw stlairconditioning having some promotion but not sure about the their service. Thanks!

i'm getting mine replaced too after almost 12 yeears...that's how good the older models are. but that said, i don't use if frequently.
doing it through gain city as per my original installation.
the mitsubitshi 2 ticks used to be 4 but with the new 5 ticks model, it was lowered to 2.

tiredoflife

Reaction score
i'm getting mine replaced too after almost 12 yeears...that's how good the older models are. but that said, i don't use if frequently.
doing it through gain city as per my original installation.
the mitsubitshi 2 ticks used to be 4 but with the new 5 ticks model, it was lowered to 2.
Gain city looks more expensive than outside shops. anyone if have any recommendation let me know thanks!

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought the new 4 tick model sys2 panasonic aircon from qoo10 after discount for $1849 with bracket and standard insulation. So far working well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.