HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #5056

recently recommended my gf's parents for new installation as their aircons broke down. they were considering between MHI or starmex. ended up with the MHI for slightly over $3k i think. been about two weeks now and so far so good. for me i use daikin but was always having problems with the wires. i know it is not the aircon's problem but it is kinda annoying since the equipment is not that old anyway. well it has since been replaced by my current aircon guys whom i trust better than the original installers.

as i have experienced poor installation before (poor workmanship and crap materials) it is important to find a reliable and quality contractor for your new equipment. fellow bros here recommended a company called newway and i have been using them since last year. very reliable with solid service. bros who are looking for aircon service providers can consider.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:00 PM   #5057
Master Member

Ditto on the National aircons too.

This has probably been discussed before, but any recommendations on Toshiba aircons?

Was contemplating between Starmex and Toshiba, and got the Toshiba eventually (for the MIJ build and air dry function). Supposingly also lower in power consumption as well?
Old 14-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #5058

I was quoted $1680 for a 8mths old Panasonic system 3 Cu3s27mkz. price include changing my existing hose to new, include bracket, installation and disposal. value for money?
Old 15-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #5059

To Jimmyf86,

8 months old is quite new.
Brand new Panasonic going for $2k++
Savings of ard $1k v forsake warranty.
Quite worth it considering all piping will be replaced.
Old 15-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #5060
Master Member

Servicing and cleaning 3 units $90
Topup R22 gas for ACP to 75 $40
Is the price ok?

2rooms still ok...
but master room is not even cooling at all.

Told to come again for chemical wash.
Told that they cant guarantee aircon will be cold even after C.Wash.

How much for chemical wash?
How much to replace compressor if needed?

System is around 10yo.
Old 15-12-2014, 05:53 PM   #5061

Comment

decided to post a comment after having problems with my aircon system installed by AB 5 years ago (Mitsubishi). Last month nov my living room fan coil was unable to ON and after troubleshooting found out its the wiring. And I changed the wire myself and it works.

Now December my study room also giving problem. The fan coil was able to ON but not cold air and fan coil just stop after a while of turning on with fault light comes on. A technician came to troubleshoot and pin-point its the wiring again.

The technician told me the quality of the wire is of low quality. I took a closer look and realised my aircon wire is using 40-strands instead of 70-strands.

For future home owners, do ensure you use the brand keystone/tai sin or a wire with 70-strands of copper wires for each cord.
Old 15-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #5062

Just wondering.. Has anyone heard of aircons in the market with 4-5 of the new revised NEA ticks?

So far NEA website gave me a mitsubishi at 4 ticks max, yet when I drop by those large electronics stores most of the salesmen told me no such product.

Has anyone got information on this?
Old 17-12-2014, 12:07 AM   #5063

Hi I'm looking to replace my old 10yr Aircon system. Problem is, all the pipings are concealed within false ceiling and will need hacking and patching back. How much do you think is a reasonable quote for this? Some company quote me $7-$8k for this entire effort for system 4 Mitsubishi. Did I Kenna chop carrot head? Thanks!
Old 17-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #5064

Hi I'm looking to replace my old 10yr Aircon system. Problem is, all the pipings are concealed within false ceiling and will need hacking and patching back. How much do you think is a reasonable quote for this? Some company quote me $7-$8k for this entire effort for system 4 Mitsubishi. Did I Kenna chop carrot head? Thanks!
Each home has different configurations so it's pretty hard to say.

I suggest that you can try approaching coolserve. You need to pay for them to view. They will assess the number of holes they need to hack and patch back and calculate a pricing from there. Their cost calculations are usually pretty standard thru out.

You can ask gain city to assess as well.

From there you can have a few options/configurations to repipe or even bypass old pipings
Old 17-12-2014, 05:14 PM   #5065

To MightyPigeon,

Ur house is condo/landed?
Old 17-12-2014, 10:35 PM   #5066

To MightyPigeon,

Ur house is condo/landed?
its a condo
Old 17-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #5067

To terumo,

Need your advise, if kaisoon aircon company trust worthy?
Old 19-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #5068

Each home has different configurations so it's pretty hard to say.

I suggest that you can try approaching coolserve. You need to pay for them to view. They will assess the number of holes they need to hack and patch back and calculate a pricing from there. Their cost calculations are usually pretty standard thru out.

You can ask gain city to assess as well.

From there you can have a few options/configurations to repipe or even bypass old pipings
Thanks for the advice, MightyPigeon
Old 23-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #5069

Just wondering.. Has anyone heard of aircons in the market with 4-5 of the new revised NEA ticks?

So far NEA website gave me a mitsubishi at 4 ticks max, yet when I drop by those large electronics stores most of the salesmen told me no such product.

Has anyone got information on this?
I think you're refering to Mitsubishi heavy industrial aircon. Gain City carry this brand.
Old 23-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #5070

guys,

currently my aircon has very bad leaking (every month have to top-up gas) , it's happened after use 2nd hand compressor which recommended by my friend(cost $500), old compressor spoiled. so now, better fix the leaking or replace with new ones ?

Checked with several aircon services, to fix the leaking is around S$1K, new aircon around S$3,5K for Mitsubishi(for example).

If new ones, my budget around S$2 - S$2.5K for system 3 inverter(R410), can u pls advise which brand suitable for me ? and shat's need to check for new aircon ?

Thank's
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.