HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree883Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2015, 04:55 PM   #5176

1st experience with GC's aircon installation

hi all,

Thank's Terumo guru, Kimsim & Zeppelin, others for your inputs, appreciate it..

Finally decided for Panasonic sys-3 from GC for aircon replacement and here's my experience with GC's aircon installation :

1. They quite punctual with the schedule(10am), just missed 5-10 mins.

2. Since recently they're not too busy(maybe recently not so hot and not much installation going on) and asked for senior/experience team to come prev, we've short discussion with 1 senior technician before work start. Since it's replacement from old FCU and compressor, using same piping route is the best and can use old trunking and later they replaced(patch-up & touch up) nicely after the installation.

3. Tried to be nice to them, prepared apple juice(in Jar)water and biscuits & try to be friendly and not rushing them at all since they've lot times to do the work all day long.

4. 2 technicians came in the morning and prepared all the stuff and i can say they're very nice guy, i can discuss a lot things with them..They're from JB and have short chit chat abt their family doing, really warm hearted...

5. Work starts and they split their works, one dismantled the compressor unit and the other one dismantle the current FCUs.

6. During early discussion, very happy to hear that false ceiling no need to cut but after they tried hard to pull out the existing piping(since very bad leaking), decided to cut small hole at the false ceiling(cost $50 per hole)

7. Before lunch time, the senior technician worried they can not complete their works so he asked help for 2 more technicians to help them.

8. it's quite tough to dismantle the compressor especially and take it out from it place because the window from the ledge quite small so they have to bang here and there in order to pass the window, it's quite loud and inconvenience for neighbours but seems no choice then finally can take out the old/spoiled compressor without any major damage(salute them also)

9.Lucky, the senior technician said can use existing bracket(old one daikin model) with adding small rubber so can seat properly for the Pana compressor. so again save another $150 from GC for the bracket , very nice & good work from the senior tech.

10. Before the installation, the old technician suggested to upgrade the piping and insulation on the spot(before, we cancelled it by recommendation from Zeppelin) but after thinking and discussed with the team some while, due to urgency, we decided to upgrade one only for the master bedroom from 23 to 22 incl the insulation(i think), the rest is using 23 since not much bends and not go thru toilet and this upgrade was waived by them(thank's to them again).

11. Installation started, 4 of them start working and if you've kids around, better relocate them temporary somewhere else(parent house, friend house, etc)because it's so messy and dusty everywhere, forgot also to covered all toys, kid books.

12. They work quite efficient and fast(maybe they're experience), do that and here, some place is covered and some place is not, so dusty everywhere, this lack of them during installation, even offered them vacuum cleaner to use, they refused to use it.

13. 4pm+ works completed and test run the aircon, they patch-up all existing trunking and false ceiling hole with white cements which is not really that bad, there's some small part is missing but overall quite ok.

14. before leaving, came another senior technician to explain abt all works and what need to do in case any problem and the guy also nice & helpfull.

15. One thing is missing here with them is cleaning parts, they just clean all major rubbish but not really that good in finishing, even offered them vacuum cleaner. The dust is everywhere but since consider their service is quite ok, not an issue to clean it and mop entire floor later, just take less than one hour to complete it.

16. at nite till morning, tested and try all aircon feature, looks good and ok, not really bad and not so noisy...

fiuhhh ....that's all folks, my experience with GC, hopefuly(touch wood) nothing wrong for next days...

next chapter is aircon maintenance, will browse at the aircon maintenance side in H/W zone

so overall with GC, i can say not really that bad and need to consider or plan couple of major things before purchase and installation.

Last edited by sak2376; 27-01-2015 at 05:05 PM..
Old 27-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #5177
Suspended

Just share with my Zen Starmex

Old 27-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #5178
Master Member

Hi Guys,

is topping up of gas covered by extended warranty? I paid $120 for it.

The service guy told me my gas is low. I've only used the aircon for 1.5 years. My air con don't even feel hot or malfunctioning and works perfectly ok. Came across this thread and people say no need to top up.

Wondering if I got conned.
Old 28-01-2015, 01:31 AM   #5179

1st you install for living room or bedroom?

If bedroom for 12btu still ok, if living room will be quite suffer.
It is a bedroom. I want to know what is the usually the unit price for singe 12k btu, so can save money. Not really important bcos still got 9k btu but the performance is horrible, only reach 23-24 room temp with 16c fan 3 of 6.
Old 28-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #5180
Suspended

It is a bedroom. I want to know what is the usually the unit price for singe 12k btu, so can save money. Not really important bcos still got 9k btu but the performance is horrible, only reach 23-24 room temp with 16c fan 3 of 6.
The price can check from coolserve.com
http://coolserve.com/htmdocs/coolAdvisor/cool_advisor.aspx?id=9

Just for example my 3 rm flat for each room size 4x3x2.8m were used 9k btu for each room temp can able to pre-set on 25-26C with quiet mode or fan speed 1 only.

Like your case was 2 bedroom combine into one..
You can consider for 12k Btu just slighly slower only, can turn on 2 hours b4 to sleep.

9k btu for your room really under power, once under power enery usage can be much higher normal bigger capacity power consumption :p

Actually like your bedroom size can option for 15k btu = 1.75hp of Mit Starmex but not too sure now still available in Sg market, can try to find out from Aircon shop.
http://coolserve.com/htmdocs/products/products_details.aspx?id=2398&prodName='MUY-GE15VA%20/%20MSY-GE15VA'

He he just checked from thier official website seem like 15btu had put back.

Last edited by kimsim; 28-01-2015 at 08:09 AM..
Old 28-01-2015, 02:03 PM   #5181

To LOLLIPOPPY,

If extended warranty, gas is low, they shouldn't top up the gas.

They should find the source of the leak & settle for u.

You shouldn't be charged for gas top up in the 1st place.
Old 28-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #5182

aircon

hi,

Anyone can recommend a cheap and good aircon for 2 bedrooms ? dun need to last long , only about 5 years as will be enbloc soon.

Or maybe a second hand unit better ? thks
Old 28-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #5183
Suspended

hi,

Anyone can recommend a cheap and good aircon for 2 bedrooms ? dun need to last long , only about 5 years as will be enbloc soon.

Or maybe a second hand unit better ? thks
Www.gumthree.com.sg

Has a lot used Aircon, can consider for Starmex inverter so far so good they will do refurbish the unit like new
Old 28-01-2015, 05:10 PM   #5184

To lightchaser,

Can consider Panasonic, value for $.
Old 28-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #5185
Suspended

To lightchaser,

Can consider Panasonic, value for $.
Ya Pana more value for money
Old 28-01-2015, 07:05 PM   #5186
Master Member

Ya Pana more value for money

heard pana the blower is more powerful then mhi and starmex?
Old 28-01-2015, 07:20 PM   #5187
Suspended

heard pana the blower is more powerful then mhi and starmex?
But Pana blower can't even used quiet mode.
You would realise that is very warm and not cold at all.

But ME or MHI can use with quiet fan n set with 25C or 26C
Old 28-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #5188
Master Member

But Pana blower can't even used quiet mode.
You would realise that is very warm and not cold at all.

But ME or MHI can use with quiet fan n set with 25C or 26C
That means Pana blower cannot set to low?
Old 28-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #5189
Suspended

That means Pana blower cannot set to low?
In previous model yes, but latest models,maybe has been improved
Old 28-01-2015, 11:11 PM   #5190

Hi is there any different between ME MSY-GE10VA & MSY-EF10VA? Other than the looks.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.