Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boeing101

Reaction score
I will make sure they switch my compressor ampere to full load. Otherwise, no point getting VA38.
Its as good as buying sport car but set fuel limit to very low level.

yukita

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with you all, in my new 5 room bro, I got a 20 Amp DP isolator. If I want to use a system 1 and system 4, do I need to run another power point? Or can just use the same 20 Amp DP for both condensing unit? Thanks.

The model I'm going to use is Starmex 9000 Btu system 1 (4 ticks) and Starmex 28000 Btu system 4 (5 ticks)

Anyone using 2 systems kindly share the information... Thanks.

Since i got this answer already. I'm thinking its better to share here (disclaimer.this is for sharing only, no guarantee its 100% correct. only correct up to my knowledge) :

1. 20 AMP DP Pole can support for 2 condensing units as long as it never exceed 20 Amp according to my HDB estate officer. For my case starmex 9000btu running current is 3.30Amp and starmex 28000btu running current is 2.6 - 12.65Amp. Meaning max is 15.95 Amp. No issue from HDB point of view.

2. Called Mitsubishi, and was told even though its below 20A, it is not recommended to install on 1 DP as it might cause problem such as PCB burn or fire safety issue. was suggested to pull a power from Master Bedroom heater point instead because heater point is 15Amp. this point is for the smaller size condensing unit.

3. those who think of using system 2+2 or 2+3 definitely need extra power point/isolator due to high current usage on each system.:D

doraemon123

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

If I were to choose Daikin, any recommended models? I saw some models with 5 ticks but salesman kept mentioning that the power is not sufficient for my layout.

To doraemon123,

You should get the 5 ticks as you will save back on the energy savings.

For master room, if budget permits, you should upgrade to the 12k btu to make it more efficient.
As 12k btu will cool down the room faster.

XC

For new model, we will not know the common issues will surface later on. But surely the spare parts will be expensive.

I do feel Mit Elec 2 ticks model price quite exp against those having 3 ticks for the same system 3. Maybe due to lot of TV advertisement fees need to pay daily.

you can see the chart below to compare:
gFgkxLv.png

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
“Many people buy an air conditioner that is too large, thinking it will provide better cooling. However, an oversized air conditioner is actually less effective — and wastes energy at the same time,” explains the very helpful Energy Star website. “Air conditioners remove both heat and humidity from the air. If the unit is too large, it will cool the room quickly, but only remove some of the humidity. This leaves the room with a damp, clammy feeling. A properly sized unit will remove humidity effectively as it cools.”

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/what-size-air-conditioner-do-i-need-191400

https://www.energystar.gov/products...sumers_product_tab=2#qt-consumers_product_tab
did some reading about the BTU
for hdn bedroom or even master bedroom a 9000btu fcu is more than enough. for living room a 12000btu(i thinking even a 9000btu also fine) will do but there other factors like number of people, near to kitchen, tv, facing sun direction, all these will contribute to heat and will need thr extra btu.
best go for proper balance sized fcu.

maur_james

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

If I were to choose Daikin, any recommended models? I saw some models with 5 ticks but salesman kept mentioning that the power is not sufficient for my layout.
So far based on what I read so far, seems that higher the ticks, lower the performance (in terms of cooling power).

If that's the case, I rather go for lower ticks to get a cooler room.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if buy, go daikin pro shop buy better or those like GA ?

i only wan daikin cos it really last very long

Exclusive 3 months warranty extension will be given to selected airconditioner models purchased at Daikin Retail Proshop. New products will be first launched here too.

http://www.daikin.com.sg/index.php/contact/proshopdealers
GA dont sell Daikin rite?

i prefer to go for daikin pro as they are listed on daikin website and if install by Pro there will be extra 3months warranty added in the 3yrs warranty. Pro should have better workmanship and using better material.
maybe Pro are more expensive comparing to those small firm but i check Gxxx Cxxx for Mitsubishi system same configuration about same price?
i rather spend abit more, in long run it is still worth as lesser headaches for problem due to the workmanship and material.

for installation spec i will go for
G22 copper pipe LHCT brand
at least 3/8 armaflex class 0
16mm drainage pipe
Keystone 4c40 control wire to fcu(if will to spend can consider upgrade to 3c70 wire)
for main power point to compressor the stand wire is 3c70

some firms maybe offering lower cheaper price but if you look the package they are giving lower grade material.
but at the end still depending on budget and how deep the pocket and willing to spend.

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same. looking to buy daikin. where to best silver envi at good price? :D

why you all want go for silver envi?
i check it only for single split system rite? :s11:
all the new using R32 are all single split system for now.
or you just want install in living room
the new R32 gas is flammable too( although approved by SCDF)

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
GA dont sell Daikin rite?

i prefer to go for daikin pro as they are listed on daikin website and if install by Pro there will be extra 3months warranty added in the 3yrs warranty. Pro should have better workmanship and using better material.
maybe Pro are more expensive comparing to those small firm but i check Gxxx Cxxx for Mitsubishi system same configuration about same price?
i rather spend abit more, in long run it is still worth as lesser headaches for problem due to the workmanship and material.

for installation spec i will go for
G22 copper pipe LHCT brand
at least 3/8 armaflex class 0
16mm drainage pipe
Keystone 4c40 control wire to fcu(if will to spend can consider upgrade to 3c70 wire)
for main power point to compressor the stand wire is 3c70

some firms maybe offering lower cheaper price but if you look the package they are giving lower grade material.
but at the end still depending on budget and how deep the pocket and willing to spend.

Maybe 3/8 insulation can upgrade to 1/2

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe can 3/8 insulation upgrade to 1/2
last time when i install my old system i did check around
3/8 is good enough and 1/2 inch is only bigger by 1/8 of an inch.
some said if using 1/2 the trunk inside might be very 'pack'? all the piping added together.
so far 3/8 aramflex is working well i myself got no problem with it and also never hear people complaint about it.
i more concern about the quality of the wire they using as my old system the wring giving me problem due to lousy quality.

Last edited:

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone with experience of replacing old aircon? Looking to replace the aircons in my house. Roughly 10 years old. :(

Boeing101

Reaction score
Finally decide to use coolserve for following:
1 set of ME 4A-38VA
2 set of GE10VA
1 set of GE13VA
1 set of GE26VA
G22 pipe and 1/2" insulation
16mm drainage

They charge me $5414 includes site visit and GST.

Will update their workmanship after install.

terumo

Reaction score
To Boeing101,

The materials used are of good specs.
But price a bit on the high, maybe due to good quality of labour & materials.

xorionn

Reaction score
anyone got good aircon repair lobang?
my aircon condensor (the one outside) fan blade spoil
and inside aircon the pcb chip spoil.

Boeing101

Reaction score
To Boeing101,

The materials used are of good specs.
But price a bit on the high, maybe due to good quality of labour & materials.

Thanks for your info. Will update all their installers quality after they install on first week of may. Their booking slot is 3 weeks currently.

Boeing101

Reaction score
Oh ya, my parent house also need install aircon. They have been using fan all their life. Currently thinking Panasonic.
But out of sudden, dalkin got extra 2 yr cover. So also consider.
But daikin got condition attach or not? Maybe after 3 yr they charge part gaogao?
I never impressed with daikIn. Their controllor in my work place i never know how to use. Hard to control the swing. Plus their weakest blow still very strong for me. If blow direct for too long, my skin pain.
Any comments?

colossol

Reaction score
hi all,

looking to install aircon system,
my friends were telling me to get daikin or Mitsubishi (Starmex)

im still deciding to install system 3 or system 2, (1 spare room, no one using)

what are the things to look out for?
and i saw afew things about floor size Vs model or power?? in previous post. but i dun quite get it.

pls advise. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.