Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting either a portable air con/wall aircon or installing a single inverter for my room

what do you guys recommend I do?

current air con unit is giving me problems, stated in the servicing thread.

damn pissed off with my mother now and I rather just buy a new unit and settle it once and for all

will I be able to get my own personal piping done if I were to get single inverter?

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting either a portable air con/wall aircon or installing a single inverter for my room

what do you guys recommend I do?

current air con unit is giving me problems, stated in the servicing thread.

damn pissed off with my mother now and I rather just buy a new unit and settle it once and for all

will I be able to get my own personal piping done if I were to get single inverter?

Portable aircon consume alot energy and noisy, was using before i got split unit. My bill was $100-$115 when using portable, after getting split unit $75-78 same usage as portable.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Portable aircon consume alot energy and noisy, was using before i got split unit. My bill was $100-$115 when using portable, after getting split unit $75-78 same usage as portable.

was checking those single inverter units, smelly smelly 800-900

portable air con around 500, worst case scenario is buy the single inverter liao

otherwise I'm checking with my friend who will intro me a technician to fix it, very likely is piping issue

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i wont waste money on portable air con
it simply not good enough and noisy

better think carefully how many system you getting or else installation done want to add in got to spend alot money redo again.
the main power point is one issue. you cant simply add another condenser outside and got enough space for the condenser or not also another problem.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,
im still deciding to install system 3 or system 2, (1 spare room, no one using)
better think carefully and install base on usage.
i was using a system 3 just like your case was thinking the spare room might use in future so install just incase
ended the system spoil after 6yrs and that spare room aircon was not even use 90% of the time. simply a big waste of money to me.
installed a system 2 now. i save the almost extra 1K from getting a system 3
i rather save the money and top for a whole new system in future.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
was checking those single inverter units, smelly smelly 800-900

portable air con around 500, worst case scenario is buy the single inverter liao

otherwise I'm checking with my friend who will intro me a technician to fix it, very likely is piping issue

Carousell have 2nd hand portable aircon if you dont mind cost around less than $500 for some

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
better think carefully and install base on usage.
i was using a system 3 just like your case was thinking the spare room might use in future so install just incase
ended the system spoil after 6yrs and that spare room aircon was not even use 90% of the time. simply a big waste of money to me.
installed a system 2 now. i save the almost extra 1K from getting a system 3
i rather save the money and top for a whole new system in future.

my whole house no problem only my unit got issue

so my mother don't give 2 ****s because she don't face my problem

which is why I decided to get my own unit since they want to make things this way

I'm getting a technician down this Saturday to assess the issue, if it can't be fixed, I'll be looking for someone to assess and check if the installation can be done

any recommendation for daikin?

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally decide to use coolserve for following:
1 set of ME 4A-38VA
2 set of GE10VA
1 set of GE13VA
1 set of GE26VA
G22 pipe and 1/2" insulation
16mm drainage

They charge me $5414 includes site visit and GST.

Will update their workmanship after install.

Mine is something similar

I'm getting MXY-3G28VA / 3 x MSXY-FJ10VE (System 3)
[Mitsubishi 5 ticks]

G22 pipe, 1/2" insulation, 16mm drainage

Estimated $3894.80/++

I have not confirmed the order with them yet...

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
Daikin 3tick 3mks71fsg. 27kbtu + 3x9k indoor.
Using G22 copper pipe, keystone or tai sin control cables and 3/8 insulation.
$3000+100 for extra pipe length.

Considering to upgrade to 1/2 insulation, is it necessary? It's another $180 extra.
Quoted by airconnection. Anyone heard of them? Is this price reasonable?

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how to vent out the hot air without cutting a outlet on window? :s11:
If you have sliding windows you can DIY a solution ... I've seen people mount the vent-out end of the hose on a strip of those corrugated plastic "cardboard" and the board is mounted at 1 end ... kinda like where a casement unit goes. Your window will be stuck in slightly-opened position and you might want to get a strip of those insulating foam to slot in the gap between the window panels.

I think what I'd described here is similar to what is in the video actually ;)

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally decide to use coolserve for following:
1 set of ME 4A-38VA
2 set of GE10VA
1 set of GE13VA
1 set of GE26VA
G22 pipe and 1/2" insulation
16mm drainage

They charge me $5414 includes site visit and GST.

Will update their workmanship after install.

Mine is something similar

I'm getting MXY-3G28VA / 3 x MSXY-FJ10VE (System 3)
[Mitsubishi 5 ticks]

G22 pipe, 1/2" insulation, 16mm drainage

Estimated $3894.80/++

I have not confirmed the order with them yet...

What company har?

Same lor... Coolserve

But yours is System 4 2 ticks, mine is System 3 5 ticks

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
How is the reputation of Cool World Aircon and STL Air Conditioning?

Anyone knows?

I am currently getting quotations from Coolserve, Cool World Aircon and STL Air Conditioning...

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin 3tick 3mks71fsg. 27kbtu + 3x9k indoor.
Using G22 copper pipe, keystone or tai sin control cables and 3/8 insulation.
$3000+100 for extra pipe length.

Considering to upgrade to 1/2 insulation, is it necessary? It's another $180 extra.
Quoted by airconnection. Anyone heard of them? Is this price reasonable?
http://www.daikin.com.sg/index.php/contact/proshopdealers

if getting daikin
i will give daikin proshop dealers a check, got extra 3months warranty on top of the 1+2yrs
and i think the price is quite similar.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you tell your mum you are forking out the money to repair then she won't be like that???

already tried, because i work i can't stay at home and supervise the air con fella

everytime will smoke her and come up with excuses, the best part is she will believe

1 time say previous technician didn't connect the unit properly, thats why not cold, now come up with the ridiculous solution where by i must switch on the air con of my sister's room to allow my aircon to function properly

i tell her not cold means not cold, she still can come in and say "cold what", or "service can already"

is passionair good? will be around that area over the weekend, might check that place out

and if i need installation of those copper wiring/trunking etc, would there be additional cost incurred? or already factored into the price?

Last edited:

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You talk until like this, i think i want to jump boat already... Haha...

i myself went through the big headaches and troubles of aircon failure and no joke suay suay like me kena this super hot period.
damn super troublesome, need to spend money call repair man and wait and wait then own self troubleshoot also problem as the trunking running all over the place need to take out the trunking cover also the main condenser is outside the house(need to climb over). wasting alot of time and energy
i rather pay more for better quality workmanship and after sales service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.