Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

colossol

Reaction score
i ask around all Quote me 3100-3300 for Star Max system 3....
then they say last time 4ticks. then now become 2 ticks. ? should be the GE10VA model...

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
then they say last time 4ticks. then now become 2 ticks. ? should be the GE10VA model...

Mitsubishi Electric System 3 either 2 ticks or 5 ticks now.
No 3 ticks and 4 ticks.

colossol

Reaction score
yes 9k btu.. Master room is 15X10feet and other rooms is 15X9feet

he is asking me do i wan to get GE10VA or GE13VA ($50 more).. any advice?

Last edited:

alterpath

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm looking to do a new installation for my 3rm flat. Daikin is currently having extended warranty so I'm probably going with that.

Daikin Inverter Aircon System 2
3MKS50FSG
FTKS25DVM x 2 (9,000 BTU)

The totally installation cost, bracket.. etc amounts up to $2,600. You guys reckon this is a good deal?

I was initially looking at the Starmex range, but that's additional $300-400, I think.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
this im not sure. upgrade material? or size? whats the recommendation for materials.?

insulation size should be 1/2 inch if upgraded and copper pipe G22 pls check also how many years workmanship warranty they are providing

Last edited:

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm looking to do a new installation for my 3rm flat. Daikin is currently having extended warranty so I'm probably going with that.

3MKS50FSG

The totally installation cost, bracket.. etc amounts up to $2,600. You guys reckon this is a good deal?

I was initially looking at the Starmex range, but that's additional $300-400, I think.

the price is it from GC? the price inclusive of 1/2 inch insulation and G22 copper pipe?pls check also how many years workmanship warranty they are providing

can also take a look at this
http://diyappliances.com.sg/product/daikin-aircon-system-2/

Last edited:

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it ok to buy from GC ? I plan to get the Mitsubishi Daiya from them . anything to take note ?

alterpath

Reaction score

king82

Reaction score
is it ok to buy from GC ? I plan to get the Mitsubishi Daiya from them . anything to take note ?

Dun ever get from Gain City to save headache n heartaches. Last yr i got from gain city n took leave for the installation. The ppl were late n i called up instead of the ops side calling me n say maybe tmr can do. They nv came. Next day they came n did a horrible trunking job and say its not possible to do it better. Today my neighbour was installing aircon from gain city as well. Instead of putting everything at the space of the neighbours corridor they placed everything in front of my house. I asked the teachnician whether they will mk sure its clean after which they say yes. when i left my house i saw cuts on my outside floor n they cut their planks n trunking outside. I asked the technicians n they say it always happen n that if i do not want the things outside my house i shud put up signages. Wtf?

keigo22

Reaction score
I'm wondering, it is better and much more horse power if I install individual aircon system instead of going for those multi-split system?

letdoit

Reaction score
Why I ask qns for over 2 weeks, nobody reply. I'm so sad. Just like to find a good aircon installation company to install 2 aircon for 2 bedrooms, anyone have any suggestions?

For online I found Jex Aircon and Cool World Aircon, anyone use their services b4, care to share? I saw good and bad reviews for gain city so I think its heng suay one.

Aircon I'm looking at:

Starmex(5 ticks)
MXY2G20VA
MSXY-FJ10VE x 2(9000)

base on both website u given. Look like cool world is better because Jex never show model. Pls take note same brand got different model and some not very energy saving for cheaper model. I looking at R32 freon model but only single spilt unit at this moment.

recently also called hybrid using solar power, he said their 12000 btu is more energy saving then inverter 9000btu . how many ppl installed solar air con in hdb?

letdoit

Reaction score
Dun ever get from Gain City to save headache n heartaches. Last yr i got from gain city n took leave for the installation. The ppl were late n i called up instead of the ops side calling me n say maybe tmr can do. They nv came. Next day they came n did a horrible trunking job and say its not possible to do it better. Today my neighbour was installing aircon from gain city as well. Instead of putting everything at the space of the neighbours corridor they placed everything in front of my house. I asked the teachnician whether they will mk sure its clean after which they say yes. when i left my house i saw cuts on my outside floor n they cut their planks n trunking outside. I asked the technicians n they say it always happen n that if i do not want the things outside my house i shud put up signages. Wtf?

under warrentee, when their piping work leak, they came many times and can't solve the problem which they can't find the issue. end up they give up and by push the blame on said that the installation is not done by them, is another contractor although is under same main con " Gain City". End up i had to change new air con within 1 year. Luckily is company paid or else i will vomit blood.

letdoit

Reaction score

yes, the standard has change. So look very carefully on the model. SAME BRAND got different model. I kena quote a bit cheaper but is old model and only 3 tick instead the showroom show 4 tick and some five tick. Those 5 tick is expensive model. They will try to clear 3 ticks air con.
So beware.

If can wait, R32 is coming out more better energy saving and currently only single spilt :(

I looking for ppl had installed solar powered air con. The shop said they done HDB before. anyone?

letdoit

Reaction score
Hi guys!

3MKS50FSG

normally is piping issue and seldom air con itself got problem withtin 3 years.
15 year ago, when i checking leaking for copper pipe for air con, we already used digital meter. Until now, none of them using meter, they still either used soap to see bubble or dangerous version = flame. so call Pro installer/maintenance , no money to buy meter.

* my job dealing with many contractors because my job is building facitilies management. So many many kind of contractors. I was lucky to get this job as i learn a lot from good and lousy contractors, whereby learn and get their experience is like paid by my company for contractors mistake. If they do my house, some i will vomit blood or i might better jump down..... lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.