HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree892Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #526

to wat i tink, the higher the compressor btu, the time taken to cool the room would be faster, thus wil also reach the desired temperature at a shorter time. the time on full load wil also be shorter.

but than do remember tat the total compressor btu is added up together as there r "2 compressor" (TWIN) inside.
hi chunliang;
hi chunliang;

may i know the model of yr compressor & FCU x 2 units? what is the cost of the system and its configuration? such as armaflex insulation or G22 totaline piping ....

i was quoted for the model;

RAS-3M20SACV/RAS-M10SKCV+RAS-M13SKCV for $2470 and new bracket $150. this cost is without the change of copper pipe or insulation.

do you think is over...
thanks
joeling
Old 07-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #527

no matter how the piping goes up or down, u do not hav to worry.

as the height limit between the compressor n fcu is within the max height difference as stated in the outdoor unit specification.

condensation wil take place when there is a big gap between outer diameter of copper pipe n inner diameter of insulation. i believe every installer knw this, so this should not happen anyway.
So there is no problem with my installation? Thanks for your help.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #528
Supremacy Member

hi chunliang;
hi chunliang;

may i know the model of yr compressor & FCU x 2 units? what is the cost of the system and its configuration? such as armaflex insulation or G22 totaline piping ....

i was quoted for the model;

RAS-3M20SACV/RAS-M10SKCV+RAS-M13SKCV for $2470 and new bracket $150. this cost is without the change of copper pipe or insulation.

do you think is over...
thanks
joeling
Daikin MA56EV1 / 3 x FT25DVM / FT50FVM. Non-inverter, System 4.

Standard installation, K-flex insulation, copper pipe i not sure.

brought it at fairprice xtra at jurong point at $2,799.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:49 PM   #529

If u bought @ Fairprice, contractor Trend Homes will do the installation.
$2,799 is around market price.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #530
Supremacy Member

If u bought @ Fairprice, contractor Trend Homes will do the installation.
$2,799 is around market price.
yup..correct, installer is by Trends Home.

but than at tat time at jurong point, $2,799 is promotion price as jurong point fairprice xtra was grand opening. so it was cheaper by $100.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #531
Supremacy Member

So there is no problem with my installation? Thanks for your help.
u welcome.

it shouldnt hav any problem.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #532

hi chunliang;
tks for yr response. the price gap is quite wide comparing betw inverter or not. in addition, the quote was for system 2 while yrs for system 4.

cheers
joeling
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #533

Hello,

I hope my post is not out of place in this thread.

The air con in my house is split unit and the pipes are encased inside PVC casing. Recently, I notice hte PVC casing leaking water. I think the pipes inside the casing are freezing so when it defreezes, the water leaks.

Is this true? How can I go about solving this problem? Thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 AM   #534
Master Member

is it mean the higher the number, the better the performance n efficiency?
performance in terms of efficiency, yes.

the higher the COP, the more efficient would be the air-con.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:44 AM   #535
Master Member

Hello,

The air con in my house is split unit and the pipes are encased inside PVC casing. Recently, I notice hte PVC casing leaking water. I think the pipes inside the casing are freezing so when it defreezes, the water leaks.

happened to me once... dunno if it's the same problem but watch out when you open the trunking (PVC casing). There might be a fair bit of accumulated water inside!

in my case, it was sweating (condensation) on the drainage pipe led to water being accumulated inside the trunkings. while my cu pipes are insulated properly, the drainage pipe was insulated with a thin normal insulator. GC came bck and gave my drainage pipes a thick armaflex insulation. So far so good...

my suggestion is call your contractor to access the problem. i dun think it's something you can fix it on your own.

also, what temp/fan setting are you using?

try to increase both temp (i.e. less cool) and fan speed. that way at least your return gas would not be as cold... if your problem is due to condensation, this might lessen it but it would not solve it.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #536
Master Member

I dun have photos of the toilet internal now coz i forgot to take perhaps the next time i went down again then i took the internal. I worry coz ppl say usually their trunking running below their unit not above the unit.
no lah... usually the trunkings run below the FCU becoz the drainage pipe and the refridgerant gas pipes are housed in the same trunkings.

and since the drainage pipes must go downwards (even so, not necessary... some use pump! but uncommon lah), so must the trunkings.

hey! we're using the same brand.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #537
Supremacy Member

Hello,

the problem might be tat there is a big gap between the outer diameter of copper pipe n inner diameter of insulation, in this case it wil cos condensation. n another thing is tat when they join the insulation, they nv tape properly, tats y air goes in which creates condensation.

if the installer use the correct diameter, shld not hav any problem.

so doing it on yr own is possible, but u got to knw wat u doing.

Last edited by chunlianghere; 08-07-2009 at 12:37 PM..
Old 08-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #538

Hello,

Hi All,

Thanks for the info rendered! So I think my problem here is the condensation.

So will this condensation lead to some electric shock thus leading to a short ciruit of the electricity flow in the house? (sorry sounding abit paranoid here , just wanna ensure coz I'm no electricity expert. )

So this problem is not dangerous?
Old 08-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #539
Supremacy Member

Hi All,

Thanks for the info rendered! So I think my problem here is the condensation.

So will this condensation lead to some electric shock thus leading to a short ciruit of the electricity flow in the house? (sorry sounding abit paranoid here , just wanna ensure coz I'm no electricity expert. )

So this problem is not dangerous?
not dangerous..
Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #540

no lah... usually the trunkings run below the FCU becoz the drainage pipe and the refridgerant gas pipes are housed in the same trunkings.

and since the drainage pipes must go downwards (even so, not necessary... some use pump! but uncommon lah), so must the trunkings.

hey! we're using the same brand.
So u also installed by Gain City? What insulation u using? Any problems with their insulation? I feel worried coz the guys like doing things anyhow. A bit worried.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.