Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyan2005

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I using MIT starmax currently.

Daikin should be good cause from Japan Corp, well-known for their technology and quality control. China Korea brand still long way to go?

Price should be comparable to MIT Electric but must see each model capacity btu which suit your room size.

Hw much is urs including installation??

Boeing101

Reaction score
I got a quote of $4160 for Daikin System 4 from Cold Engine.

Outdoor Unit: 4MKS80ESG (27k btu)
Indoor Units: 3 x FTKS25DVM (9k btu)
1 x FTKS71FVM (24k btu)

Free upgrade to 1/2 inch armaflex, G22 copper piping, 2 trips installation and 16mm drainage pipe.

Your pricing very good!
Hope they really give u what they promise.
Make sure this is all in price.
Then share wirh us your experience.

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Your $80 mean your total electricity or added $80? My house without air con already $110. 2 adults, 1 kids (2 year old) at night usual only.

aircon only. My home usage was around $220. When the aircon was installed, my bill raised around $80 which is quite accuate as what the installer told me. Starmex will be a bit high(dun know if it is true)

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
how is your aircon usage do you on all 3 unit often?

One unit of aircon is always on during the nite. As for my room, I only fully use during the haze period or on hot month in Apr or May... Otherwise I just on it to make sure its functioning...

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
I using MIT starmax currently.

Daikin should be good cause from Japan Corp, well-known for their technology and quality control. China Korea brand still long way to go?

Price should be comparable to MIT Electric but must see each model capacity btu which suit your room size.

I was pondering between Starmex and Mit Heavy(MHI) last year. Was finally convinced by the installer to go for MHI as lower electric bill, auto cleaning function and slight cheaper price.

I asked the worker that came to install which is better aircon in the market since he did so many installation. He said reliable brand that often seen are good, dun go for EuropAce, Minea or new brand. Though they source the jap parts but not as reliable.

lingcw

Reaction score
I'm not too sure yet. Going to get a quotation for Mitsubishi Heavy System 2

I just got a quote for a MHI System 2 (2 x 9000BTU, 4 ticks) from CoolWorld Aircon.
$2090 + $130 for a bracket

Basically exactly as stated in their website:
MHI Aircon Promo
(scroll down to see the price)

- SCM45ZJ-S1
- SRK25ZMA-S1 x 2
- 5 years motor and 1 year blower warranty
- 3 years workmanship warranty
- 3/8" Armaflex InsulationClass 1
- G23 100% copper piping
- 16mm PVC drainage pipe

Anyone has comments?

Last edited:

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
I just got a quote for a MHI System 2 (2 x 9000BTU, 4 ticks) from CoolWorld Aircon.
$2090 + $130 for a bracket

Basically exactly as stated in their website:
MHI Aircon Promo
(scroll down to see the price)

- SCM45ZJ-S1
- SRK25ZMA-S1 x 2
- 5 years motor and 1 year blower warranty
- 3 years workmanship warranty
- 3/8" Armaflex InsulationClass 1
- G23 100% copper piping
- 16mm PVC drainage pipe

Anyone has comments?

Can get quote from this also, looks slightly cheaper than coolworld lol

http://www.stlairconditioning.com.sg/mitsubishi

Last edited:

Ddarksire

Reaction score
Mitsubishi 5 Tick and Daikin R32 Model

Hi

Any user can share their experience using these models?

1) Mitsubishi 5 Tick (MXY-3G28VA/MXY-4G38VA)
2) Daikin Smart Envi R32 (RKM50PVMG)

So far what i have gathered from earlier post is that:

The new ME 5 tick has lower cooling capacity and takes longer to cool. The compressor is also noiser.
*The specs states 56dB for MXY-3G28VA and 53dB for MXY-4G38VA.

For daikin R32 model, R32 is more flammable. What about the cooling speed and noise level?

Lastly, any reliable installer to recommend?

CCCustom

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any user can share their experience using these models?
I'm not using either one :s34:

But if you need a living room unit, the Envi biggest fancoil is 14k BTU. I read some folks here bought the bigger old model fancoil for the living room and use the Envi fancoils in their bedrooms. 2 different generations of fancoil models ... I guess some people can accept, but I can't :o

cleven

Reaction score
Mitsubishi Starmex

Hi All,

Based on the following 2 quotes, which company would you choose?

Mitsubishi Starmex Model: MXY-4A28VA / MSY-GE10VA X3 + MSY-GE24VA

Company #1 - $4,390

To supply labour & material to install 1 set of Mit StarMEX inverter multi split wall mounted type A/C complete with 1/2" Thermaflex class "O" insulation, refrigerant G23 copper piping, diameter 16mm drainpipe, 3 core 40 Keystone control wire, 2.5mm wiring from condenser to isolator, PVC casing at expose area, vacuum system, charging in refrigerant gas, testing and commissioning

Compressor 5 yrs, Fancoil/Spare Parts 1 yr warranty by agent.
Installation workmanship 1 yr warranty.

Company #2 - $4,500

Installation c/w aircon wiring, refrigeration pipe, insulation, all necessary materials and fittings.
Testing and commissioning.

Materials Used
- G22 Copper coil
- 1/2" Armaflex class 'O' insulation
- 16mm PVC drain pipe with armaflex insulation

Warranty
- 5 Years Compressor (By Agent)
- 1 Year Fan Coil (By Agent)
- 1 Year workmanship

Based on the comments that I read from this thread, Armaflex seems to be better than Thermaflex, & G22 copper is better than G23, so is Company #2 providing a better deal in terms of the materials used but is it worth for the price difference of $110? Should I be concerned about the Keystone control wire that I should check with Company #2?

Thank you for any advice.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Based on the following 2 quotes, which company would you choose?

Mitsubishi Starmex Model: MXY-4A28VA / MSY-GE10VA X3 + MSY-GE24VA

Company #1 - $4,390

To supply labour & material to install 1 set of Mit StarMEX inverter multi split wall mounted type A/C complete with 1/2" Thermaflex class "O" insulation, refrigerant G23 copper piping, diameter 16mm drainpipe, 3 core 40 Keystone control wire, 2.5mm wiring from condenser to isolator, PVC casing at expose area, vacuum system, charging in refrigerant gas, testing and commissioning

Compressor 5 yrs, Fancoil/Spare Parts 1 yr warranty by agent.
Installation workmanship 1 yr warranty.

Company #2 - $4,500

Installation c/w aircon wiring, refrigeration pipe, insulation, all necessary materials and fittings.
Testing and commissioning.

Materials Used
- G22 Copper coil
- 1/2" Armaflex class 'O' insulation
- 16mm PVC drain pipe with armaflex insulation

Warranty
- 5 Years Compressor (By Agent)
- 1 Year Fan Coil (By Agent)
- 1 Year workmanship

Based on the comments that I read from this thread, Armaflex seems to be better than Thermaflex, & G22 copper is better than G23, so is Company #2 providing a better deal in terms of the materials used but is it worth for the price difference of $110? Should I be concerned about the Keystone control wire that I should check with Company #2?

Company #2 is giving you the more preferred and highly sought after materials.

Whether if the extra costs is worth it or not depends on you.
Pay a bit more to get the better materials which could potentially minimize problems down the road, or save the little bit of upgrade now but could potentially have issues in the future. Note that I use potentially as no one can predict the future.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i sure will stick to Keystone even if need to add extra money for it. i kena the wiring problem due to lousy quality wire used and replacing each control wire will cost $100+(can buy the wire diy but still troublesome) so if you need to replace 2 0r 3 fcu then will cost more money.

i wont save on workmanship and good quality material, i rather pay extra now than down the road all these start to give problem and will cause more headaches and money.

cleven

Reaction score
Company #2 is giving you the more preferred and highly sought after materials.

Whether if the extra costs is worth it or not depends on you.
Pay a bit more to get the better materials which could potentially minimize problems down the road, or save the little bit of upgrade now but could potentially have issues in the future. Note that I use potentially as no one can predict the future.

Thanks. The price difference of $110 is bearable, better to pay a bit more now than risk having any potential problems down the road, which is going to cost more to repair or service if indeed there's any issue in future. We never know the future... partly why most people are still sticking to the 2 tick model instead of going for the 5 tick model as we don't know if the newer model will cause any potential problem in future.

cleven

Reaction score
i sure will stick to Keystone even if need to add extra money for it. i kena the wiring problem due to lousy quality wire used and replacing each control wire will cost $100+(can buy the wire diy but still troublesome) so if you need to replace 2 0r 3 fcu then will cost more money.

i wont save on workmanship and good quality material, i rather pay extra now than down the road all these start to give problem and will cause more headaches and money.

Thanks. I read quite a bit of comments on insulation with Armaflex, 1/2" & class '0' & G22 copper piping, so only asked company #2 about the material that they use for insulation & copper piping. I didn't ask about the control wire as not sure if this is important as well, will check with company #2 if the quote is also based on Keystone control wire. If yes, highly I would opt for company #2, only concern is that the company is not usually those known in forums, can't find much info/review about the company.

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
http://www.daikin.com.sg/index.php/contact/proshopdealers

if getting daikin
i will give daikin proshop dealers a check, got extra 3months warranty on top of the 1+2yrs
and i think the price is quite similar.

Ah, i didnt know about daikin proshops. Made appointment with air connection alr. sometimes they dont reply my sms, maybe i asking too many questions... have to send twice to get a reply.

Cant decide if its worth to upgrade to 1/2 inch insulation at additonal cost of $180

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any reviews on these shops ? are they good ?

AirconBestValue , starcoolaircon , jkaircon

Ddarksire

Reaction score
I'm not using either one :s34:

But if you need a living room unit, the Envi biggest fancoil is 14k BTU. I read some folks here bought the bigger old model fancoil for the living room and use the Envi fancoils in their bedrooms. 2 different generations of fancoil models ... I guess some people can accept, but I can't :o

Mixing different fancoil and compressor can be confusing when comes to troubleshooting problem in future. I will avoid that too.

There is another r32 smart envi with 24k btu option. FTK -M series. But seems less popular among users.

ME new 5 tick series also not many review available online.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cant decide if its worth to upgrade to 1/2 inch insulation at additonal cost of $180
as long stick to amraflex is good
last time when installing my old system i want pay extra upgrade to 1/2 but the aircon install guy tell me dont need as 3/8 is good enough so i just stick to it.
and the old system using armaflex 3/8 never give problem so the new system i also stick to 3/8 since it good enough to do the job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.