Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

samang

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Would u pls recommend me a suitable Mitsubishi Starmex Inverter System 3 configuration for my 5 room BTO -living room(5150×7000) , Master bedroom(3020×5200) and my kid room(2812×4000) ? Yr advise are greatly appreciated!

samang

Reaction score
To samang,
Living 18k/24k btu
Master & bedroom 9k btu.
Hi Terumo ,
Thanks alot ! If for this configuration, with G22 copper coil , 1/2" Armaflex class'0' insulation , 16mm pvc drainpipe , around what price will be reasonable ? Many thanks in advance!

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not using either one :s34:

But if you need a living room unit, the Envi biggest fancoil is 14k BTU. I read some folks here bought the bigger old model fancoil for the living room and use the Envi fancoils in their bedrooms. 2 different generations of fancoil models ... I guess some people can accept, but I can't :o

I was told the same by one many of the company that living room must use 18K but Silver Envi only have 14K maximum so got to use old model.

Guess you prefer all the fancoil are using the same models which is much nicer overall. =:p

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on which company to engage on Daikin air-con besides the Daikin ProShop?

I like to do a few comparison on prices etc beside engaging them. Thanks. =:p

victoryeo

Reaction score
Any recommendations on which company to engage on Daikin air-con besides the Daikin ProShop?

I like to do a few comparison on prices etc beside engaging them. Thanks. =:p

I got my quote from Cold Engine for Starmex and Daikin System 4. You can try asking them. I haven't engage them yet as my house reno haven't started yet. Site survey was done by their boss.

Contact was from Renotalk, here is the link:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/68230-aircon-installation-best-price/?page=25

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got my quote from Cold Engine for Starmex and Daikin System 4. You can try asking them. I haven't engage them yet as my house reno haven't started yet. Site survey was done by their boss.

Contact was from Renotalk, here is the link:
http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/68230-aircon-installation-best-price/?page=25

I see. Will try to ask them for site survey as my flat is not ready for renovation yet but should able to get my key from the agents by this week or so.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Interested in Starmex and Daikin System 2 to replace my current one. Any good and reliable recommendation?

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Daikin 4 ticks - 3MKS50FSG (outdoor) / FTKS35DVM (living room) / FTKS25DVM (bedroom) ???

I'm look for system 2 for my master bed room and a common bed room. Thanks. More ticks more power efficient(energy saving) right? Considering between Starmex or Daikin.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
To wwh5210,
Daikin 3mks50fsg is a good option. 4 ticks and cheaper then ME 5 ticks.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
The mentioned Daikin model is for system 3 for 3 FCU, which provide more cooling to use for 2 FCU if you are using as system 2.

3 FCU will be stretched due to low BTU for this model.

Thx for the info.

To wwh5210,
Daikin 3mks50fsg is a good option. 4 ticks and cheaper then ME 5 ticks.

Thanks for the info, coz my parents is worried about the electricity consumption lol. This model should be enough for master bed room / common bed room usage right? My family only use air-con during sleep at night.

maur_james

Reaction score
Lunch time went to check out:

3MKS71FSG + FTKS25DVM (master bedroom) + FTKS50FVM (living room) = $3,088

Is this a good package? In terms of price and cooling power?

Last edited:

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
haha is ok cos i think aircon is a worthy investment

Yes agreed that its a good investment. Thanks to this thread that I got some good advise when I sourcing for aircon last year :)

Aircon is a good way to suck out the humidity esp in hot months like now. Am happy with MHI aircon that consumed $70-80 electricity per month(~$3 or $1 per aircon unit)

Another good thing about new aircon was it is cooler. I just set to 25-26C, enough to cool and suck out the humidity will be good.

Boeing101

Reaction score
I go hardware shop to buy abt 90m of Keystone 3C165 at $285/-.
They dont sell by length for the shop I patron. They sell full coil.
Think i will ask Coolserve installers to use for all indoor unit as well.
Actually initially i want to buy for outdoor unit only. As i will set the ampere limit off so my compressor MXY-4A38VA might consume up to 16A max.
But now i worry the wire too thick cannot squeeze into trunking?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.