Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikingsleyu

Reaction score
reply to: cannotliao

my aircon repair quoted me almost $400 for replacing 3 cords of 4c40 control wires which total only needed 40 meters.
guess doing aircon business really can make good money in Spore

- actually if you feel this price is unreasonable / expensive,you can buy cable or any related tools to change the aircon cable by yourself..those aircon people or installer risk their own life & work hard & even sweating to install / repair the aircon for you so you can have aircon to use everyday..you suppose need to appreciate them.

ikingsleyu

Reaction score
reply to boeing101

I think these Malaysian all earn big big in SGD then change to RM all multi millionaires.
Jialat.... Everyone suck our blood dry dry....
- common sense if all the malaysian earn big big money, then they no need to change toilet part for you / repair /install aircon for you / do any false ceiling job / or flooring job / leave their family member at howntown...these all low end job need to risk their life & health to do it..please respect those work hard people.

Boeing101

Reaction score
reply to boeing101

- common sense if all the malaysian earn big big money, then they no need to change toilet part for you / repair /install aircon for you / do any false ceiling job / or flooring job / leave their family member at howntown...these all low end job need to risk their life & health to do it..please respect those work hard people.

Simi logic is these?

1) Leave hometown = must pay them high?
China got billions of people leaving hometown every day to city yet cannot find job. Angmo also lost their expat package nowaday.

2) Plumbers = Risk their life and health?
Did you ever see newspaper got report plumber die in their job before?
The real one at risk are those delivery man riding motorcycle the whole day all over our island. They inhaled poisonous gas and risk run over by congested and high speed traffic. But at most they are paid $15/hr.

3) Respect = must pay them $500 for 2h job?

How many people here make $500 every 2h?
So, if not, that mean your career not worth respecting?

4) Earn big big = stop working dirty job?

I ask you har, if there is a goldmine behind your house, will you keep on digging until all the gold excavated or you dig half way you feel rich already you stop?

I mean want to make money, go ahead and demand a reasonable sum.

BUT, by charging $400/500 for an item that is actually worth only $20-100 plus few hr of labour is call chop carrot!

Last edited:

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi Heavy Industry system 3 (9kBtu x2 + 18kBtu)

SCM60ZJ ; SRK25ZMA x2 + SRK50ZM

$2900

Material spec:

-16mm drainage pipe

-G23 copper pipe

-1/2'' thickness insulation

-keystone cable

is this worth while ?

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- actually if you feel this price is unreasonable / expensive,you can buy cable or any related tools to change the aircon cable by yourself..those aircon people or installer risk their own life & work hard & even sweating to install / repair the aircon for you so you can have aircon to use everyday..you suppose need to appreciate them.
Ya, not only expensive I really think the price is very expensive. Ended I do the troublesome shoot myself with the wiring to confirm the faulty parts and decided to change the whole sysyem. If it only changing of wiring I will go buy the wire coil myself and DIY as mine have no much risk as the condenser is on a aircon ledge. It simply taking out the trunking cover remove the old wire and put in new wire reconnect the 3 wire points fcu and condenser. If the aircon condenser is hanging outside the window mid air with bracket I agree that is high risk and they can charge more but for my case is not. To bad for people that cant diy they got no much choices and got to pay the money to ask someone do the job.

There so many construction workers from 3rd word doing high risk tough job under hot sun but dont see they earning much also.

Last edited:

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for bedrooms , is it sufficient to run 9k btu ?

main bedroom - 18.5m2
bedroom 2 - 14m2

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
It's about the price I paid last year. Mine is $20 cheaper :p

$2900

Material spec:

-16mm drainage pipe

-G23 copper pipe

-keystone cable

is this worth while ?

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Bro, that's what supply vs demand. Hard to really argue. If buyer find the price too high look for somewhere else.

For consumers like us, what we can do is to get these items that are more reliable and less prone to repairs before buying.

I am not a fan for those electronic item like LED display, sensory technology or smart technology yet. Feel that they more more prone to breakdown and have to spend $$$ to repair in near future...:s13:

Simi logic is these?

BUT, by charging $400/500 for an item that is actually worth only $20-100 plus few hr of labour is call chop carrot!

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MHI is good brand no doubt, from Jap corp but why not go for Daikin, Panasonic or Mit Electric?

Due to the 3 are having their own warehouse, service centre here and commonly seen everywhere here.

MHI distributor is Wo Kee Hong group, third party.

just my opinion.

$2900

Material spec:

-16mm drainage pipe

-G23 copper pipe

-keystone cable

is this worth while ?

for Starmex , I heard a lot of complains about the PCB board failing at slightly over 1 year , Daikin too expensive. I chose MHI had good reviews and from the comments posted here

ikingsleyu

Reaction score
Reply To: Boeing101

- if the plumber got issues you a invoice,then is you pay to their company / boss ,not them,they just a worker..one foreign worker work permit + worker insurance cost average $50-60+ per day..one worker salary per day $70+... material cost $20-100..one van/service car rental per day $40+...petrol $5-$10..one company account admin salary + CPF/permit cost per day $80+...(if they cant settle the problem for you,they still need to follow up the cases and some more give you the warranty period)..their company profit only $150+(not include government tax).for my personal opinion this price is quite reasonable..not a chop carrot.

LesterQ

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys ,

Just purchase a system 3 Europace 28k btu 9+9+12 @ 3399.
Sales person say that it is a new model from Europace.

Any comments?

caniggia

Reaction score
guys I'm looking to replace 3 blowers in the rooms. Is this still consider system 3? The living room one is still working well with independent condenser.

lingcw

Reaction score

$2900

Material spec:

-16mm drainage pipe

-G23 copper pipe

-keystone cable

is this worth while ?

I am looking at a MHI System 2.
Where did you get your quote from? Reliable installer?

Whatname

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Want to check if this quote is value for money and are there any impt details I would need to take note before making the purchase.

Daikin system 3 - $3370 (3MKS71FSG; 3x FTKS25DVM)

Material specs:
16mm drainage pipe
22G LHCT Copper pipe
4C40 cables
Armaflex insulation

Thanks!

cleven

Reaction score
Hi, anyone had your air con done by Aircon Best Value? If so, any review/comment to share?

Is it possible to get a Mit Starmex MXY4A28 with 3x GE10 & 1x GE24 with armaflex 'O' class 1/2" insulation, g22 copper pipe, & Keystone/Sigma 3 core 40 & 70 wire at <$4k?

Thanks.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so i called in passionair to do a check on the air con

first visit, made a check and said need another day to do a thorough check, charged me $80

2nd visit this afternoon, claims that they can't do anything, need to change new system, and they had the gall to charge $250

is that ******** or what?

can any experts tell me if that is even possible, change the whole system just because 1 unit is spoilt

some background: system 3 fujitsu, 1 unit not cold, all the rest ok

when i switch on the faulty unit, the coil of unit beside will become cold, even though it is not switched on

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

Just purchase a system 3 Europace 28k btu 9+9+12 @ 3399.
Sales person say that it is a new model from Europace.

Any comments?

Did you bought it from those big store? Aka Courts, Gain City, etc? EuroAce is one of the brand I was looking at and was around $23xx...The one with LED light panel to show the temperature?

I got friends in the reno line that told me the trick is to go to these big stores just to look see the brand you want. Then go to the smaller shops, online or known installers to ask for the quotation. You will find that price is cheaper...

And the installer for my aircon (MHI) advice me not to get EuroAce when I initially asked. He said though compressor was Misubishi, it is not sure whether the parts will work as well.:p

Just my 2 cents

maur_james

Reaction score
Anyone here tried/bought/heard anything about the 3 Daikin Proshops? Any recommendation which shop I should get new aircon from, assuming pricing & specs are the same?

- DIS Aircon
- Fortuna Aircon
- PassionAir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.