Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

meowkat

Reaction score
I see, I will go with Silver Envi as it has the App which you can access via your smartphone. =:p

like you, i fancy Envi series..
but 3 private co. told me that the maintenance is higher when it is "smarter".
Hence i dropped back my choice to the the normal ones.

My room is abt 4by3 metre, the lady also suggest me, dun take so big BTU, if oversized, will have humidity problems, although their 12k vs 9k btu is only a different of $100 dollars, at the Daikin Proshop at Alexandra.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My room is abt 4by3 metre, the lady also suggest me, dun take so big BTU, if oversized, will have humidity problems, although their 12k vs 9k btu is only a different of $100 dollars, at the Daikin Proshop at Alexandra.

I see. I don't mind trying Silver Envi as it is so much convenient to access via smartapp and they have the extended warranty of 1+2 so why not?

For my 4 Room Resale Flat, the Proshop recommend 9K BTU (Silver Envi) for 3 rooms and 18K (Normal Fancoil) for living room.

I have yet to ask the official installer to do a site survey as I have not gotten my flat keys so estimated around 1st week of June.

Boeing101

Reaction score
Is Daikin compressor really made in japan?
That time i go court could not find "made in Japan" label written on their compressor unit MKS80FSG.
Did they have ampere limit and able to switch off?

Last edited:

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

btu would depend on how hot your room can get as well

my room has many windows and is facing the sun, therefore was advised to get a 12k BTU

maur_james

Reaction score
i suggest you might like to visit the one

Fortuna Air-Conditioning & Electrical Pte Ltd
321 Alexander Road #03-31/32
Alexandra Central, Singapore 159971 ( beside Ikea)
Tel: 6710 7888
Fax: 6459 7728

Operating Hours:
Open daily from 11am - 9.30pm
including Public Holidays

i had visited the one at OneKM mall and Alexandra Central
I gave them the same specs i wanted..
Both Pro Shop.. but different pricing.
the One Km Mall more expensive of $300 and less explanation.
and i suspect the guy trying to fast sell, as the flyer says installation by 30Sep.. he said by 30 June have to install...
I will say bye bye to him.
On the other hand, the lady at Alexandra is very keen at explaining.

I give her one qn: "whats make the difference between n Misubitshi?"
her answer was:" Daikin only manufacture Air-Con"

judge and see it yourself.

I am goin to get the Alexander one next month before the buy date promo for the additional 2years spare parts ends.
FYI, I went to the Proshop at Bukit Timah, also told the same thing, have to install by 30 June.

Can't remember if it is for the 1+2 promo or some lucky draw, basically Daikin must deliver the unit to either your home or their warehouse by 30 June.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
I went to bt timah pro shop too and was told installation need to be done by 30 June. They quoted $300 plus much higher for the mks80 as compared to Alexandra when i called and checked with the lady staff from Alexandra. Intend to go down personally to check with her on the system 3 price.

maur_james

Reaction score
I went to bt timah pro shop too and was told installation need to be done by 30 June. They quoted $300 plus much higher for the mks80 as compared to Alexandra when i called and checked with the lady staff from Alexandra. Intend to go down personally to check with her on the system 3 price.
I went to all 3, price pretty close about $1xx apart.

cleven

Reaction score
Anyone has your aircon gas pipe installed through bathroom b4? Do people do so, any issue of doing so?

alex_bong

Reaction score
Daikin proshop

Just visit Bt Timah proshop DIS today. look for sys 4. net price incld gst. option quoted :
1.) 3x9k+17k+27k condensor $4386
2.) 2x9k+12k+17k+ 27k condensor $4470
3.) 2x9k+12k+17k+ 34k condensor $5545

now wait for the surveyor come site survey. Just want to know any1 here tried DIS? how is their installation work?
they hv own installer team. not sub-con.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.