Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just did my starmex system4 yesterday, very pleased with the results.

Guys, i highly recommend the upgraded materials. There's only 4 main materials to take note of - insulation, copper piping, drainage pipe and wires.

You don't want to be the person who finds out one year later that the wires corroded and you have to redo the whole house because the installer stinged on the quality.

Insulation: 1/2" armaflex. Cheap companies always give 3/8" option.

Copper piping: G22/G21. You'll rarely find people using G21. The smaller the number, the thicker the pipe i.e. G21 is thicker than G22. Cheap companies always use G23. G22 is usually the upgraded option. I opted for G21.

Drainage pipe: 16mm. Cheap option - 13mm. Smaller pipe gets plugged easily.

Electrical wiring: Make sure it's made in Singapore, brand like keystone. If it's china-made wires, stay away. Many online complains about corroded wires/signal lost etc.

Remember that air con installation is not supposed to be rocket science. I have read through a lot of online reviews/reports across the different local forums. I can safely say at least 80% of the issues are due to poor materials and/or installation technique.

which company did you engage?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is starmex easier to diy clean than MHI or daikin

Probably I would say yes as you can open the flap to clean yourself but thinking of the plastic might get loose and cause vibration noise after prolong usage so I rather get Daikin in the end.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which model u getting

My configuration should be :

Daikin System 4 (Mix)

Compressor : 4MKS80ESG

Silver Envi Fancoil (9K BTU) : FTKJ25NVMS x 3 (For 3 Rooms)

Normal Fancoil (18K BTU) : FTKS50FVM x 1 (For Living Room)

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which installer u will be getting from

From one of the Installer recommended by my friend and got to know that they are one of the official Installer appointed by Daikin.

What about you? Decided on Mitsubishi or Daikin?

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Still very confused leh.... Still undecided on starmex, MHI or Daikin. Daikin seems lesser btu them starmex. Daikin 3yr warranty seems attractive to me though. Wonder is it necessary

precise

Reaction score
I have leftover of 3c70 keystone cable for sale. Think left between 50 to 60m from a roll of 90m , i.e. 100 yards which i use it to install system 4. So it should be more than enough if you are not running the cables all around the house.

Bought $125 for 100 yards. Selling at discount $50. Good for those looking for selective material upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.