Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Are they good

Quite ok but note the insulation used is not armaflex but this kemflex brand at that time when i bought.not sure if is long lasting but when i bought with qoo10 discount is really good price at that time but now they increase price already but still competitive.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Just did my starmex system4 yesterday, very pleased with the results.

Guys, i highly recommend the upgraded materials. There's only 4 main materials to take note of - insulation, copper piping, drainage pipe and wires.

You don't want to be the person who finds out one year later that the wires corroded and you have to redo the whole house because the installer stinged on the quality.

Insulation: 1/2" armaflex. Cheap companies always give 3/8" option.

Copper piping: G22/G21. You'll rarely find people using G21. The smaller the number, the thicker the pipe i.e. G21 is thicker than G22. Cheap companies always use G23. G22 is usually the upgraded option. I opted for G21.

Drainage pipe: 16mm. Cheap option - 13mm. Smaller pipe gets plugged easily.

Electrical wiring: Make sure it's made in Singapore, brand like keystone. If it's china-made wires, stay away. Many online complains about corroded wires/signal lost etc.

Remember that air con installation is not supposed to be rocket science. I have read through a lot of online reviews/reports across the different local forums. I can safely say at least 80% of the issues are due to poor materials and/or installation technique.

Which vendor did u go to for ur aircon package? Thanks.

maur_james

Reaction score
I thought DIs say no need to upgrade cos all the cable, piping good enough?
Upgrading is always a matter of preference, to installer and most people the specs offered by DIS should suffice, but if you kiasu of course can upgrade any or all part(s).

Neonellore

Reaction score
For good quality Aircon service, Repair and Installation you can use RM AcElect Engg. They Provide Professional Aircon Services in Singapore

Pm me for contact info. Thanks

Neonellore

Reaction score
Good quality workmanship

For good quality Aircon service, Repair and Installation you can use RM AcElect Engg. They Provide Professional Aircon Services in Singapore

Pm me for contact info. Thanks

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Guess will go for mhi as they seems have more ticks and also the 3d air function . Daikin has it too but only in their high end model

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
No idea yet :) anyone to recommend

Harvest aire,air connection,aircon citi. And some sellers at renotalk. Can ask for quote from them They replied quite promptly to question when i was doing research to purchase aircon.

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 7 years Mitsubitshi Heavy Industries System 4 aircon going gone soon. Recently after turning on awhile, it will switch off itself. There are 2 lights showing on the unit, one yellow and one orange.

Took a look at the manual, an orange light accompanying a yellow light means something wrong with compressor. My aircon is also not cold. For the past month, had 2 aircon technicians to come and check and service. It was okay after they left, but few week later problems arise again.

Was thinking to change. Still could not differentiate what is the difference between Mitsubitshi Heavy Industries aircon and Mitsubitshi Electronics Starmex.?

Or is Daikin a better choice? What do u guys think of the Samsung triangular aircon?

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 7 years Mitsubitshi Heavy Industries System 4 aircon going gone soon. Recently after turning on awhile, it will switch off itself. There are 2 lights showing on the unit, one yellow and one orange.

Took a look at the manual, an orange light accompanying a yellow light means something wrong with compressor. My aircon is also not cold. For the past month, had 2 aircon technicians to come and check and service. It was okay after they left, but few week later problems arise again.

Was thinking to change. Still could not differentiate what is the difference between Mitsubitshi Heavy Industries aircon and Mitsubitshi Electronics Starmex.?

Or is Daikin a better choice? What do u guys think of the Samsung triangular aircon?

No thanks for Samsung or Korea Aircon, they will not be as reliable as Japanese Aircon. =:p

I was told from one of the sales staff in Gain City that Samsung Aircon is made in China and that is why they advise their customer to take Midea Aircon instead of Samsung since both are made in China but Samsung is more expensive than Midea.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No thanks for Samsung or Korea Aircon, they will not be as reliable as Japanese Aircon. =:p

I was told from one of the sales staff in Gain City that Samsung Aircon is made in China and that is why they advise their customer to take Midea Aircon instead of Samsung since both are made in China but Samsung is more expensive than Midea.

Ok Thanks. But what is the difference with Mitsubitshi Heavy Industries and Mitsubutshi Electic Starmex. Was confused, previously i thought is one brand 2 models.

binkypinky

Reaction score
I just changed my 8 years aircon system at home. The zircons was fine but the master bedroom is always not cold enough. I changed a stronger system and they said they flushed my existing pipes. But the master bedroom is still not cold... Does this mean I need to change my pipes??

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Went to Proshop at Alexandra. They come with standard fitting of 16mm drainage, 1/2 inch armaflex and 22 copper. Installation by 30 September for the 3 yr warranty. I like their no gimmick, straight forward sales

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Went to Proshop at Alexandra. They come with standard fitting of 16mm drainage, 1/2 inch armaflex and 22 copper. Installation by 30 September for the 3 yr warranty. I like their no gimmick, straight forward sales

So the installation is by Daikin themselves of 3rd party?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.