Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwayChup

Reaction score
can anyone assist me? just installed MHI and opted for upgrade to G22 and 1/2 Armaflex, but when i see the insulation 'wording' it is clearly written with 3/8 and 1/4. the gain city guy told me that it is written in this way but it is 1/2?

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone assist me? just installed MHI and opted for upgrade to G22 and 1/2 Armaflex, but when i see the insulation 'wording' it is clearly written with 3/8 and 1/4. the gain city guy told me that it is written in this way but it is 1/2?

how is 3/8 = 1/2 ?
how is 1/4 = 1/2 ?

:eek::eek::eek:

Boeing101

Reaction score
Passby Geylang Lor 36. Opposite got one Electrical shop selling 100m Keystone 4mmsq at $50. 2.5mmsq sell at $30. Dont know good price or not?next time my house do rewiring, will get 4mmsq wire

Last edited:

Boeing101

Reaction score

Did you see the word "H"? H mean 1/2" thickness.
The 3/8 or 1/4 you see is for the copper pipe size to go in.

Last edited:

st7707

Reaction score
Worse air-con company that I experience - CT Aircon

Hi guys, I just wanna share my this nightmare experience that I recently encounter with this aircon company name CT Aircon.

Long story cut short, couple of weeks back then, I went down to their Woodland showroom cum office to purchase a single split unit aircon for my living room. Upon order confirm, they request 80% deposit in order to arrange a installation date for me. However, I have manage to negotiate down to 50% instead. The appointment that I was given is almost like 2 weeks later. With recent hot weather, I have no choice but to accept it.

On the day of installation, the appointment time given was 1 to 3p.m. hence, I have took a half day leave from my work and be back home by 1p.m. to ensure that someone is home before they arrive. Guess what? My wait start from 1p.m. to 6p.m. Isn't it ridiculous??? In between, I have keep calling their office to check on the installer arrival status and their CS keeps telling me that they are unable to contact the installer, but rest assure me that they can install within the same day as this is only a single split unit. They had repeated these assurance to me each and every time I call. Their installer (different team from the one they initially plan) finally came at 6 p.m. After looking at my place, the installer told me that they are unable to install as it require to have drilling work which is not permitted by HDB at that hour.... ter.....

So, I decided to cancel my order with them and request for my deposit to be refund. Their CS told me it takes 7 working days to do so..... They are taking customer money to earn some interest or what? 7 working days??? This is really really ridiculous experience that I ever have. Bottom line, if you are thinking of buying a new aircon, please remember this name - CT AIRCON, never never buy from them unless you want to try my experience. Hope these info will help to save someone from falling into the same shitty situation. Cheers! FYI, I have yet to receive my refund till date and today is the 5th working day liao.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
U may want to check with DIS what copper pipe size, drainage pipe and insulator size they giving. I went there last wk but can't rem wat spec they giving but was $300++ higher, cable included. Cable got $300 plus meh?

precise

Reaction score
Passby Geylang Lor 36. Opposite got one Electrical shop selling 100m Keystone 4mmsq at $50. 2.5mmsq sell at $30. Dont know good price or not?next time my house do rewiring, will get 4mmsq wire

I believe it is 100 yards for one roll as I bought it from another shop at ubi. I am not sure about 3mmsq or 4mmsq which i thought it is either 3c70 or 4c70. Normally from fcu it is 3c40 which is much cheaper.
I bought 3c70 of 100 yards about 90m at 125 for keystone cable. I checked with keystone and price is fairly standard. So for the quote you have is very cheap if it is 3c70.

precise

Reaction score
U may want to check with DIS what copper pipe size, drainage pipe and insulator size they giving. I went there last wk but can't rem wat spec they giving but was $300++ higher, cable included. Cable got $300 plus meh?

I have leftover of 3c70 keystone cable of about 60m. Pm me if you are keen.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Surveyor only coming in June to visit my place and advise how many meters needed lehleh. I don't mind if donate to me.... :)

fire

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to get ME system 4 for my 4rm bto.

Which of the below configuration is better recommended?

1) 9k btu X 03 + 18k btu X 01 + 28k cu or
2) 9k btu X 02 + 12k btu X 01 + 18k btu X 01 + 28k cu?

Thank you

didymus

Reaction score
MHI system2

Hi guys,

was talking to one air con contractor.. he said for most electrical/energy saving for system 2... best to get MHI.. issit true? better than those 5ticks?

Boeing101

Reaction score
Lol... 3c162 sounds a bit overkill.

Overkill still ok. Its damn damn heavy to carry home, i think got 15kg that coil.
The hardware shop owner can ask me, "you can carry or not?".... Lol...😓😓
Actually i buy for my compressor as i turn the amperes limit off, hence, it can goes up to 15A at full capacity. So, 3C70 cannot handle. Must use 3C110 or higher or 2.5sqmm wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.