Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

maur_james

Reaction score
U may want to check with DIS what copper pipe size, drainage pipe and insulator size they giving. I went there last wk but can't rem wat spec they giving but was $300++ higher, cable included. Cable got $300 plus meh?
DIS offering 22 copper pipe and 3/8 insulation. My quote was comparable to Fortuna, -/+$1xx.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Why same appointed shops by Daikin they can vary in installation materials. My different was $370 btw the 2 shops. Alexandra shop gave 22 copper and 1/2 insulator but exclude cables but price cheaper by $370

meowkat

Reaction score
Why same appointed shops by Daikin they can vary in installation materials. My different was $370 btw the 2 shops. Alexandra shop gave 22 copper and 1/2 insulator but exclude cables but price cheaper by $370

www daikin com sg slash index dot php slash contact slash proshop_dealers_retail

as from the website.. all 3different companies operating Daikin Pro shop.. if you read their introductions... The on e at Alexandra being the youngest in the 3.
However, i am considering to go the one at Alexandra.
the specs i was quoted were"
3MKS71 - 9kx3 - Inverter - 22Copper and 1/half inch
for $3k nett ( 50% deposit and 50% on the installation day)
I told them mine is new BTO..
but they nv mention about cabling.. will there be topping up in the end?
Whats your opinion?

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Confirm cable not included. Alexandra also quoted me 3k for the same specs as yours. The sample trunking she showed you no cable inside right?

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Next door GC upgrade insulation = $160, upgrade copper = $80 but they nvr put Daikin price although got display units stick on the wall

Hottyhot

Reaction score
According to Alexandra, you have to buy your own cable. If u have the site survey arranged with them, u can ask the Surveyor how many meters you require then buy it yourself

maur_james

Reaction score
www daikin com sg slash index dot php slash contact slash proshop_dealers_retail

as from the website.. all 3different companies operating Daikin Pro shop.. if you read their introductions... The on e at Alexandra being the youngest in the 3.
However, i am considering to go the one at Alexandra.
the specs i was quoted were"
3MKS71 - 9kx3 - Inverter - 22Copper and 1/half inch
for $3k nett ( 50% deposit and 50% on the installation day)
I told them mine is new BTO..
but they nv mention about cabling.. will there be topping up in the end?
Whats your opinion?
Would suggest you get them to write down a black & white quote stating all the items, to prevent any 'misunderstanding'.

Don't end up with "You think, I thought, who confirm".

maur_james

Reaction score
According to Alexandra, you have to buy your own cable. If u have the site survey arranged with them, u can ask the Surveyor how many meters you require then buy it yourself
Just remember, there's a $50 charge for site inspection, refundable if you order from them.

Reaction score
Hi

I realized that generally in the specs "standby power" is not stated. I was intending to buy a single split aircon, interested in brand "P".
I came across the thread in renotalk on high standby power.
I then googled and looked at the official specs and I don't see it.

Do you guys know somewhere you can check or is this a mostly obsolete issue?

Thanks

lingcw

Reaction score
MHI 9000BTU to 12000BTU upgrade promo

Hi,

I am considering getting a MHI system 2 for 2 rooms (each 150 sqf).
There is a promo ongoing which upgrades the blower from 9000BTU to 12000BTU.

However, I read somewhere that getting a higher BTU is not necessary better.
Something about the higher BTU will means the air is circulated so fast that the humidity cannot be remove fast enough.
Seems logical except I am curious why if the blower is design for 12000 BTU, it could not remove humidity adequately at that volume?

Should I take the upgrade or keep to 9000 BTU?
Anyone has any advise?

Additional fact: most of the time, only 1 of the unit is turn on.

Thanks in advance.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
I wonder if the upgrade will over load the compressor if all are on at the same time.... I like mhi for the price and 3d feature and dont really like starmex... Daikin attractive part is 3 yr warranty.... So confusing to choose... Maybe just hang some ice pack on my fan will do...

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering getting a MHI system 2 for 2 rooms (each 150 sqf).
There is a promo ongoing which upgrades the blower from 9000BTU to 12000BTU.

However, I read somewhere that getting a higher BTU is not necessary better.
Something about the higher BTU will means the air is circulated so fast that the humidity cannot be remove fast enough.
Seems logical except I am curious why if the blower is design for 12000 BTU, it could not remove humidity adequately at that volume?

Should I take the upgrade or keep to 9000 BTU?
Anyone has any advise?

Additional fact: most of the time, only 1 of the unit is turn on.

Thanks in advance.

depends whether your rooms have plenty of sunlight or windows

you will need to take these 2 things into consideration

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
I wonder if the upgrade will over load the compressor if all are on at the same time.... I like mhi for the price and 3d feature and dont really like starmex... Daikin attractive part is 3 yr warranty.... So confusing to choose... Maybe just hang some ice pack on my fan will do...

Yes, MHI has the 3D control feature meaning the controller can use to set 6 up/down, 8 left/right direction.

I just used the "Clean" feature(after a year of installing, haha) whereby the aircon can auto-clean itself internally. This cleaning take 2 hr, just wonder will it be good or not...

Just another note, the controller has many button for various setting. Some may not like it as other brands has lesser buttons. and the operating manual written by the Japanese suck, had a hard time to understand what it mean....:p

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Thanks tiger. How's the power consumption and is the indoor and outdoor unit noisy? Any problems within the one yr warranty period?

TigerzBeer

Reaction score
Thanks tiger. How's the power consumption and is the indoor and outdoor unit noisy? Any problems within the one yr warranty period?

So far so good. MHI is around 22 DB and I am ok with it. I installed my MHI system3 last year April and no issue yet *touch wood* :p

For power consumption, the aircon company told me its lesser than Starmex(which I not sure also) He told me that average monthly electric consumption is around $80 for MHI System 3. Mine is around there ~$70++.

Not sure about Starmex, maybe someone here who had installed can advice :)

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Wats the installation materials they provided and how much did u pay for? Which company? Starmex is out for me cos I don't like their ad :)

lingcw

Reaction score
depends whether your rooms have plenty of sunlight or windows

you will need to take these 2 things into consideration

The room faces west and the window span across that whole wall.
So yes, it does get quite a bit of sunlight in the afternoon to evening.

However, base on some formula I found online, with that considered, 9000B still be sufficient for that room size.
So my concern now is whether the higher airflow will lead to lesser humidity being remove from the room.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Looking for Daikin system 2 for my master bed room and common room. Any recommended vendors or just call Daikin proshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.