HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Like Tree884Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2015, 11:15 PM   #5716

Everything was related to workmanship, a better job done, even 5 to 10 yrs still not an issue.

Just depend how is the exprience when they connections the nuts, some they worried to fall down with compressor together rather than quickly done and didn't check with bubble test before to handing over.

So the future has many troubleshoot to be solve.
Makes sense. I also feel topup gas every 2yrs is not quite right.
Qns seeking advice (Thanks!):
1. Should I do a leak test & rectify? How much does a leak test cost?
2. Is leak test also done at FCU end?
2. I had reused small sections of R22 copper piping as these were concealed, could this contribute to the leak?
Old 14-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #5717
Suspended

Makes sense. I also feel topup gas every 2yrs is not quite right.
Qns seeking advice (Thanks!):
1. Should I do a leak test & rectify? How much does a leak test cost?
2. Is leak test also done at FCU end?
2. I had reused small sections of R22 copper piping as these were concealed, could this contribute to the leak?
IF wanna fully solve were trim all FCU copper pipes and solder all on 4 units, follow by trim outdoor all gas pipes and flared again with bubble test then just no problem at all

Cause R22 is lower pressure also unknown the existing copper was what gauge, if lower than G23 should be same as your case.
Old 15-04-2015, 12:43 PM   #5718

To elginlye,

Topping up gas once every 2 years is still acceptable.
I think you can ignore it and just top up.
If it happens < 6 months once, then maybe you can consider to do some repair works to it.
Old 15-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #5719
Supremacy Member

To ipaq4444,

If your block electrical loading has been upgraded, then you can install the 4a38, if not, its advisable not to.

mine is new flat where the total amp is 40A per unit. then at the mcb side is 20A for isolator and share with water heater is 20A. like that ok for 4a38?
Old 20-04-2015, 08:46 AM   #5720
Supremacy Member

Hope so..do rmb maintenance 4times a years is a must for GC warranty and have to be BCA approve and have to keep the black and white receipt to show when have problem with the Aircon within the warranty periods.. many bad after sales service heard from many friends
i just bought system 3 from GC and their extended warranty.

need maintenance 4 times ? the salesperson nv tell me this condition
Old 20-04-2015, 03:55 PM   #5721

air con cleaning (starmex)

HI guys,

I tried to clean my air con previously, and while i did it without dismantling much, i thought it will be easier to dismantle the blower and remove it so cleaning can be a breeze. The blower was FILLED with thick black dust that no air was coming out back then. After clearing the dust, i was amazed by how much air was coming out.

If you noticed the numbering, 1 is where there are screws, after unscrew, the blower can be tilted downwards abit to do cleaning. The right side (number 2) cannot be unscrewed as i need to remove the motor first. I am worried that i cannot fix it back or damage the cables if i did not handle it properly.

Sorry for the quality of pic and small number.

Any experts have similar air con and can advice?

Last edited by melvyndb; 20-04-2015 at 04:06 PM..
Old 20-04-2015, 04:34 PM   #5722
Suspended

HI guys,

I tried to clean my air con previously, and while i did it without dismantling much, i thought it will be easier to dismantle the blower and remove it so cleaning can be a breeze. The blower was FILLED with thick black dust that no air was coming out back then. After clearing the dust, i was amazed by how much air was coming out.

If you noticed the numbering, 1 is where there are screws, after unscrew, the blower can be tilted downwards abit to do cleaning. The right side (number 2) cannot be unscrewed as i need to remove the motor first. I am worried that i cannot fix it back or damage the cables if i did not handle it properly.

Sorry for the quality of pic and small number.

Any experts have similar air con and can advice?
Mine to share what is the model & brand?
At the right hand end blower did miss slide gap?
If yes then use screw driver for slot in and unscrew out, if inside can't see any screw at all..

Option 2 have to remove fan motor with cooling coil lift up then can see the screw at below of PCB panel.
Old 21-04-2015, 02:33 PM   #5723

Mine to share what is the model & brand?
At the right hand end blower did miss slide gap?
If yes then use screw driver for slot in and unscrew out, if inside can't see any screw at all..

Option 2 have to remove fan motor with cooling coil lift up then can see the screw at below of PCB panel.
Hi kimsim,

Thanks for your guide. I thought of option 2 as well, but not sure how to unscrew it as there are some wires involved, and im not good with wires (not sure color means what).

Anyway, i not sure model off hand now, but it's mitshibishi starmex (around 12 years already).

Thanks again for your guide, maybe i should just take video of what i removed, so can fix it back the same way if i forgot how to.

thanks.
Old 21-04-2015, 07:00 PM   #5724

To ipaq4444,

4a38 can be used.
No issues.
Old 23-04-2015, 12:45 AM   #5725

Help!

Hi guys need some help here.
This is my first time buying aircon for my humble office in an industrial building.
Ceiling height is 3m. Layout is as stated in the picture.

I have asked for site survey from Courts (Fujitsu) and other companies.
Each said different things.

Courts sales person said I should get 1 x System 2 (around 2800 BTU total)
Site survey (did not do any measurement when he came) said I should get 2 x System 1 (BTU 2000 each)
Experienced property agent said I should be able to make do with just system 2 because the area is small.
There are a few who recommended System 3 and System 4

I am very confused because I would want to have a well airconditioned place for the next few years and yet I do not want to splurge on the aircon as at the end of the day, it is a rental unit. Just need the aircon to be reliable for the next 4 years.

Please help me. TIA!!

Last edited by jumpingaround; 23-04-2015 at 12:48 AM..
Old 23-04-2015, 07:25 AM   #5726
Suspended

Hi guys need some help here.
This is my first time buying aircon for my humble office in an industrial building.
Ceiling height is 3m. Layout is as stated in the picture.

I have asked for site survey from Courts (Fujitsu) and other companies.
Each said different things.

Courts sales person said I should get 1 x System 2 (around 2800 BTU total)
Site survey (did not do any measurement when he came) said I should get 2 x System 1 (BTU 2000 each)
Experienced property agent said I should be able to make do with just system 2 because the area is small.
There are a few who recommended System 3 and System 4

I am very confused because I would want to have a well airconditioned place for the next few years and yet I do not want to splurge on the aircon as at the end of the day, it is a rental unit. Just need the aircon to be reliable for the next 4 years.

Please help me. TIA!!
Should get 24k BTU single split and place on center will do.

Option for get system 3 and package with 2 x 18k FCU is a good choice too.

Last edited by kimsim; 23-04-2015 at 07:28 AM..
Old 23-04-2015, 04:08 PM   #5727

To jumpingaround,

You want to aircondition the entire office or just the showroom & operation area?
Old 23-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #5728

To jumpingaround,

You want to aircondition the entire office or just the showroom & operation area?
Hi thank you for your reply. I only want the showroom and operation area.
However I do not have any partition, so using the storage metal rack as partition to divide the area.

Courts site survey say that if I insist system 2, there will be no warranty for the unit as it is undersized, even it advertised on newspaper that the aircon comes with 5 years warranty.
Old 23-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #5729

Should get 24k BTU single split and place on center will do.

Option for get system 3 and package with 2 x 18k FCU is a good choice too.
Thank you for your reply!
Yes will take this into consideration. I think system 3 is good too.
Old 24-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #5730

Can I check with forumers that recently install Daikin.
There is a feature : after you switched off the unit (via remote),the fan will automatically continue to blow for about a hour to help dry out the condensation to reduce mould.

Does it help ?

Does the Mit Starmex have this feature ?

Last edited by STREAM2; 24-04-2015 at 12:44 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.