Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boeing101

Reaction score
Daikin HQ in Singapore have strong foundation since my teenage Lor.
Mit too common , Daikin standout with others and make you different from others. :D

Sorry doesn't want to pour cold water on anyone who buy Dk.
Just feel that we should make decision not on emotion but on mental calculation.
Its true DK is an outstanding brand in aircon. But that is due to it advertisement in the past just like what ME is exactly doing today. Plus their good track record.
So, if both are equally good but if ME got one of their model MIJ and also come with bigger capacity yet same price for both, then, who is a clear winner? Maybe brand loyalty play a bigger part for other?

Its just like if today Honda introduced a wholly made in japan Accord with better performance than Toyota Camry, maybe some customers will still go for camry?

onlineuser

Reaction score
hi guys i was quoted
system2 mitsubishi - $2500 (includes powerpoint and bracket)
system 2 panasonic - 2250 (includes powerpoint and bracket)

which should i pick?

secondly why big departmental stores like courts haveynorman best denki cost so much higher? around $300 more

Hottyhot

Reaction score
If me i take Panasonic. The $250 extra is use to support ME for their advertisements. Panasonic indoor unit look nicer and got more function. But I discovered i like ME "i feel" function after using them.
So, you better check their respective function and see which is more suitable for you.
Thought Panasonic got those sound when on the nanoe

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Very excited :)), going down tomorrow to Fortuna (Daikin) to place order for system 4. Survey site been done, jus drop down to select the model and installation date.
steel bracket need to change even old one exist. standard $150 for new steel bracket, can waive off $50 for site survey charged.

They propose 4MSK80FSG for compressor , Living hall 1x FTKS71FVM , 3 bedrooms x FTKS25DVM (NOT silver Envi type). sales girl anna quote me through phone was about $48xx.
Yet to checkout tomorrow .

For compressor model there is EFG and FSG , btw which is better ? or is it new model for FSG ?
So ex leh. I fixed mine with Cold Engine less than $4k with upgraded materials. Only difference is my living room is FTKS50FVM. Bracket at 120 only.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Didjerama

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I got the following quote for my EM, living room plus 2 bedrooms. each room is average 4m by 3.5m (i partitioning the living room with sliding door). I am not a heavy user:

Supply and install air con with 3/8” insulation, copper pipe gauge 23 and 16mm PVC drainage piping by
‘’exposed trunking’
1(a)Location : 2 Bedrooms/ Living Hall
Brand : Mitsubishi Electric (Refrigerant: R410A) (Energy Label: 2 ticks)
Model : MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 2 / MSY-GE13VA (System 3)
Fan coil capacity : 2 x 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,942 Btu.hr
All on capacity : 2 x 7,540 Btu/hr + 10,508 Btu/hr
Price with 7% GST : $3,060.20/-

2(a)Supply and install 1 no. of Normal L or opening bracket – If any
Additional charges:
Price with 7% GST : $160.50
(b)Upgrade ½” thickness insulation
Price with 7% GST : $85.60 per set x 3 sets = $256.80
Special Price : $53.50 per set x 3 sets =
$160.50
• Piping length more than 15m will be chargeable at $160.50nett per roll per fan coil unit (If any)
• Prices include supply and standard installation
• Prices exclude ceiling plastering / painting / submission of drawing / lifting and hoisting/ scaffoldings / ceiling modification /changing of ceiling/ Hacking of cement wall etc.
• Ex-stock prior to sales
• Power point to be supply by others
• 5 year warranty on compressor from Agent
• 1 year warranty on spare parts from Agent
• 1 year warranty on workmanship from COOLSERVE Air-Condition Engineering
Note: (1) Prices quoted are valid for 30 days from the date of quotation
(2) Payment terms : cash / cheque on the day of installation
(3) Kindly submit a purchase order for confirmation; otherwise please return this
quotation via fax, complete with endorsement

seems a lot of hidden cost here? brand of materials not stated and also i noticed that exclude charges for hacking and repainting. is this normal?

lsyean8

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I got the following quote for my EM, living room plus 2 bedrooms. each room is average 4m by 3.5m (i partitioning the living room with sliding door). I am not a heavy user:

Supply and install air con with 3/8” insulation, copper pipe gauge 23 and 16mm PVC drainage piping by
‘’exposed trunking’
1(a)Location : 2 Bedrooms/ Living Hall
Brand : Mitsubishi Electric (Refrigerant: R410A) (Energy Label: 2 ticks)
Model : MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 2 / MSY-GE13VA (System 3)
Fan coil capacity : 2 x 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,942 Btu.hr
All on capacity : 2 x 7,540 Btu/hr + 10,508 Btu/hr
Price with 7% GST : $3,060.20/-

2(a)Supply and install 1 no. of Normal L or opening bracket – If any
Additional charges:
Price with 7% GST : $160.50
(b)Upgrade ½” thickness insulation
Price with 7% GST : $85.60 per set x 3 sets = $256.80
Special Price : $53.50 per set x 3 sets =
$160.50
• Piping length more than 15m will be chargeable at $160.50nett per roll per fan coil unit (If any)
• Prices include supply and standard installation
• Prices exclude ceiling plastering / painting / submission of drawing / lifting and hoisting/ scaffoldings / ceiling modification /changing of ceiling/ Hacking of cement wall etc.
• Ex-stock prior to sales
• Power point to be supply by others
• 5 year warranty on compressor from Agent
• 1 year warranty on spare parts from Agent
• 1 year warranty on workmanship from COOLSERVE Air-Condition Engineering
Note: (1) Prices quoted are valid for 30 days from the date of quotation
(2) Payment terms : cash / cheque on the day of installation
(3) Kindly submit a purchase order for confirmation; otherwise please return this
quotation via fax, complete with endorsement

seems a lot of hidden cost here? brand of materials not stated and also i noticed that exclude charges for hacking and repainting. is this normal?

Jus back from Fortuna Daikin at Alexandra Centre, its quite a new building, no crowd at all and comfortably discussing the unit details, as your above mention installation items are now quite standard i opt for 2x9btu , 1x12btu and Living hall 24btu, as comeressor of 24btu.
no hidden cost, dispose old ones and installation at $4850 with steel bracket in.
Happy with the deal and dot at the store.
compressor- 5 yrs warranty by Daikin
spare parts - 1+3yrs warranty by Daikin and addition 3 months warranty if bought frm Proshop.
workmanship - 1 yr by Fortuna.

No Fuss and straight to the point.:D

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in this humid hot weather is it better to use the droplet / Dry mode or leave it at 28 degrees in cool mode ?

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Jus back from Fortuna Daikin at Alexandra Centre, its quite a new building, no crowd at all and comfortably discussing the unit details, as your above mention installation items are now quite standard i opt for 2x9btu , 1x12btu and Living hall 24btu, as comeressor of 24btu.
no hidden cost, dispose old ones and installation at $4850 with steel bracket in.
Happy with the deal and dot at the store.
compressor- 5 yrs warranty by Daikin
spare parts - 1+3yrs warranty by Daikin and addition 3 months warranty if bought frm Proshop.
workmanship - 1 yr by Fortuna.

No Fuss and straight to the point.:D

It is 1+2 yrs warranty and additional 3 months from Proshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.