Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
in this humid hot weather is it better to use the droplet / Dry mode or leave it at 28 degrees in cool mode ?

Dry mode for rainy season to keep humidity at 60%.

If your aircon has those "smart" mode, you can use that too as the aircon will sense the environment and use the correct mode...

lingcw

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I got the following quote for my EM, living room plus 2 bedrooms. each room is average 4m by 3.5m (i partitioning the living room with sliding door). I am not a heavy user:

Supply and install air con with 3/8” insulation, copper pipe gauge 23 and 16mm PVC drainage piping by
‘’exposed trunking’
1(a)Location : 2 Bedrooms/ Living Hall
Brand : Mitsubishi Electric (Refrigerant: R410A) (Energy Label: 2 ticks)
Model : MXY-3A28VA / MSY-GE10VA x 2 / MSY-GE13VA (System 3)
Fan coil capacity : 2 x 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,942 Btu.hr
All on capacity : 2 x 7,540 Btu/hr + 10,508 Btu/hr
Price with 7% GST : $3,060.20/-

2(a)Supply and install 1 no. of Normal L or opening bracket – If any
Additional charges:
Price with 7% GST : $160.50
(b)Upgrade ½” thickness insulation
Price with 7% GST : $85.60 per set x 3 sets = $256.80
Special Price : $53.50 per set x 3 sets =
$160.50
• Piping length more than 15m will be chargeable at $160.50nett per roll per fan coil unit (If any)
• Prices include supply and standard installation
• Prices exclude ceiling plastering / painting / submission of drawing / lifting and hoisting/ scaffoldings / ceiling modification /changing of ceiling/ Hacking of cement wall etc.
• Ex-stock prior to sales
• Power point to be supply by others
• 5 year warranty on compressor from Agent
• 1 year warranty on spare parts from Agent
• 1 year warranty on workmanship from COOLSERVE Air-Condition Engineering
Note: (1) Prices quoted are valid for 30 days from the date of quotation
(2) Payment terms : cash / cheque on the day of installation
(3) Kindly submit a purchase order for confirmation; otherwise please return this
quotation via fax, complete with endorsement

seems a lot of hidden cost here? brand of materials not stated and also i noticed that exclude charges for hacking and repainting. is this normal?

I believe your quote is from CoolServe?
I have engage their services for installation of a MHI system 2 to be installed two weeks later.
So the format of your quote looks very familiar.

The brand of material used should be listed in their website.
http://www.coolserve.com.sg/htmdocs/techInfo/techinfo_Meterial.aspx

efreelancer

Reaction score
Hi guys is Dakin FTKS25 or RKS25 the lastest model? And anyone bought from NAT Aire Builder before?

keiichiro

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone installed ME 12k BTU unit in resale 3 room with open concept kitchen?
Is it enough to cool the living room?

xman13

Reaction score
This Coolserve har, i upgrade to G22 copper pipe, but they did not give me DNE brand. The brand they use for my case is "Natube". Damn piss off with their boss for coming out with this type of monkey trick. Their workmanship i think ok. 1 mth already no problem yet.
Did you upgrade copper pipe? Pls tell me what brand they use for yours after installation. Their upgrade package damn ex! Make me feel shortchange. Then, did they include additional cost of another 15m for your case?

Oh my ... They are one of installer in my list. Seems I have to cross them out.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
This Coolserve har, i upgrade to G22 copper pipe, but they did not give me DNE brand. The brand they use for my case is "Natube". Damn piss off with their boss for coming out with this type of monkey trick. Their workmanship i think ok. 1 mth already no problem yet.
Did you upgrade copper pipe? Pls tell me what brand they use for yours after installation. Their upgrade package damn ex! Make me feel shortchange. Then, did they include additional cost of another 15m for your case?

How is the natube quality?

lingcw

Reaction score

No, I did not upgrade copper pipe due to budget constraint.
As you said, their optional upgrade pricing is the highest I saw, even more ex than GC.

Anyway, I read your post previously and mention this to Coolserve. Their reply was, if I wanted DNE for the 22SWG copper pipe, all I had to do is tell their installer on the day.

xman13

Reaction score
Just came back from Alexandra Center, went to Gain city, got a quote for the same system(4MSK80FSG, 1x FTKS60FVM, 2x FTKS35DVM) and GC price is cheaper by almost $300.. Tempted with the extended warranty up to 5 years costing additional $129. Did look at the LG Artcool. Look sleek but read the review that it has alot of issues.

Boeing101

Reaction score
No, I did not upgrade copper pipe due to budget constraint.
As you said, their optional upgrade pricing is the highest I saw, even more ex than GC.

Anyway, I read your post previously and mention this to Coolserve. Their reply was, if I wanted DNE for the 22SWG copper pipe, all I had to do is tell their installer on the day.

So, what does it mean? Any time they got 2 set of brands coil in their van and if you keep quiet, they give you cheaper one? Then, how abt trucking, electrical wire, insulation pipe and etc? If i dont know anything thing and i keep quiet, are they going to provide me with what they claim in their website?

Last edited:

santa74

Reaction score
ME or Daikin or Panasonic?

Hello all,

Care to give advice on below;

I'm looking for system 3 (2 for bedroom and 1 for living room). My room sizes and 12.5 square meter for the bedrooms and 20 square meter for the living room.

1. Which brand will be better? (Budget 3K but can be up a bit if need to)
2. Which place to buy? (Electronic store or Installation companies)

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Just came back from Alexandra Center, went to Gain city, got a quote for the same system(4MSK80FSG, 1x FTKS60FVM, 2x FTKS35DVM) and GC price is cheaper by almost $300.. Tempted with the extended warranty up to 5 years costing additional $129. Did look at the LG Artcool. Look sleek but read the review that it has alot of issues.
What brand is the 4msk80

xman13

Reaction score
How much GC quote you? Can share?

MY SPEC 4MSK80FSG, 1x FTKS60FVM, 2x FTKS35DVM -

Fortuna - Daikin PRO Shop - $3980
Nataire - $3900
GC - $3850
Cold engine - $3800

Materials similar - 22 SWG copper pipes,1/2 inch Armaflex insulation and bracket.

GC can extend 5 years warranty. Just worried about their workmanship, read quiet poor nowdays. Leaning towards cold engine.

santa74

Reaction score
MY SPEC 4MSK80FSG, 1x FTKS60FVM, 2x FTKS35DVM -

Fortuna - Daikin PRO Shop - $3980
Nataire - $3900
GC - $3850
Cold engine - $3800

Materials similar - 22 SWG copper pipes,1/2 inch Armaflex insulation and bracket.

GC can extend 5 years warranty. Just worried about their workmanship, read quiet poor nowdays. Leaning towards cold engine.

Thank you for sharing bro. The materials are their standard installation package without any upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.