Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initially I want to get a quote from the one of the Aircon Installer in the Renotalk Forum, send them the configuration 1 month ago and they reply with the quotation.

I have resend them the same configuration to check any price change but they refuse to provide me the estimated price and asking me to provide the floor plan to have the estimated price. I told them I do not have the floor plan as mine is the resale flat and not BTO but they want me to draw out the plan instead.

I don't think I want to let them do the installation as the price they quote me is also very high, almost $4700 for Daikin System 4 with Silver Envi Series for 3 rooms and normal fancoil for the living room.

why you never get them to do a site survey?

Hottyhot

Reaction score
DIS quoted me Envi series system 3: 3MKS71FSG(24k btu) with F7KS25 x 3(9btu) = 4205.
4MKS80FSG(27 btu) with F7KS25 x 3 = 4376.
All come with standard installation but I can't rem what material they use.

lingcw

Reaction score
So, what does it mean? Any time they got 2 set of brands coil in their van and if you keep quiet, they give you cheaper one? Then, how abt trucking, electrical wire, insulation pipe and etc? If i dont know anything thing and i keep quiet, are they going to provide me with what they claim in their website?

Yeah, I also found their reply weird and request them to state the brand clearly in their quote... although I did not take up the upgrade in the end.

Now that you mention it, I better check all their material clearly before they start the installation.

Elusive78

Reaction score
Enquires

Recently I installed Mitsubishi Electric System 3 -
MSY-GE10VA x 3 with MXY-3A28VA.

While inspecting their workmanship at the out door unit mounted on the bracket after installation, I realized that the installer secured out door unit with one screw out of four. Is that normal for installer to install this way?

Reaction score
Is it normal that there is no black and white stating the terms of warranty for workmanship

e.g. cover piping and wire x 1 year
stated on a piece of paper or the sales invoice?

I was interested to deal with a company but i was told there are countless scenarios and situations such that they cannot honour the warranty for e.g. i get another company to do servicing and then something happens they don't cover (as one of the excuses)
So i was told nothing will be written in black and white regarding workmanship warranty although it was communicated verbally and through email what will be covered

Fossilised

Reaction score
Hello Gurus. Saw this promotion for old air con.
mitsubishi HI. system 3. At $2800. warranty is the same. 5 years compressor. 1 year spare parts and 1 year workmanship. 22 copper wire.
Scm 60 zj-s.

This is 2013 model I think. Can users who are using pls give me some feedback? Buying cause my current air con too old for my tenant so not considering more than 3k for system 3 aircon. But i am concerned that this scm 60zj s will spoil easily.

Thanks in advance to all gurus. :):)

rdkp11

Reaction score
Panasonic Sys 3 CU-3S27MKZ & CSS9PKZW x 3

Dear all ordered from Bedok Centre Electrical Co

Includes installation $2520 also include $150 NTUC vouchers.

Wondering if its a good deal:s12:

rdkp11

Reaction score
Appreciate some feedback

Appreciate some feedback bros...

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score

What is the insulation and copper pipe used? Does it include bracket?Quite good price.

Justin Lai

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone here know GC aircon staff that able to provide a good deal? Looking at Mitsubishi system 4, MXY-4G28VA 3+1 model...

paurusu

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Would like to have some advice for my situation. I have air con which is (maybe) faulty - because it can be hot / cool without maintaining the temperature . We want to re-do the piping when changing the air con since it was somehow done in weird way before.

The problem i have now is :

1. Should i contact old ID that did my house (because one of the piping is behind the custom made wardrobe) that we have done.
Or just get independent site survey
2. If independent site survey - any recommendation of contractor that generally do ok ? I dont need super good price - just reasonable workmanship and reasonable price.

TIA for any advice

maur_james

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Would like to have some advice for my situation. I have air con which is (maybe) faulty - because it can be hot / cool without maintaining the temperature . We want to re-do the piping when changing the air con since it was somehow done in weird way before.

The problem i have now is :

1. Should i contact old ID that did my house (because one of the piping is behind the custom made wardrobe) that we have done.
Or just get independent site survey
2. If independent site survey - any recommendation of contractor that generally do ok ? I dont need super good price - just reasonable workmanship and reasonable price.

TIA for any advice
You are in the same GG situation as me, pipings well hidden behind custom-made cupboard.

Personally I don't think the old contractor would be of any good, they won't be able to remember and who knows which sub-con worked on your house?

Best to get a new surveyor and start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.