Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancelotalbion

Reaction score
Hi all, noob here..
Going to renovate my HDB and I'm looking at Daikin system 4 aircon.
Planning to have 9k BTU for all 3 rooms and 24k BTU for living room.

Approached one of supplier and he proposed 4MKS80FSG or 5MKS100LSG. Anyone has any experience with both models?
Which one should I go for? I understand the 5MKS is a system 5 model, but my concern is with the 4MKS, won't be able to turn on AC at living and 1-2 rooms simultaneously

Appreciate your advice! Thanks!!

Last edited:

xman13

Reaction score
Yup, understand that room most likely 9k BTU enough liao, over power may leads to humidity issues...

I am siding towards Cold Engine...too!

Hmm looks like like I have to scale it down to 9k btu if humidity will be an issue. One of the reason I took higher compressor and 12k Btu is the price difference which is about only $300 on the higher spec as compare to 3MKS71FSG / FTSK25DVM x 2 + FTKS60FVM...

ktze1314

Reaction score
Hi all,

If y'all are looking for aircons, I would recommend Uniqool. They reply with a quote fast and provide good services. Comes with extended warranty too.

I would say the price might not be the cheapest, but reasonably competitive due to the value added service and upsized materials.

Uniqool engineering & services pte ltd
Facebook page: Uniqool

maur_james

Reaction score
Hi all, noob here..
Going to renovate my HDB and I'm looking at Daikin system 4 aircon.
Planning to have 9k BTU for all 3 rooms and 24k BTU for living room.

Approached one of supplier and he proposed 4MKS80FSG or 5MKS100LSG. Anyone has any experience with both models?
Which one should I go for? I understand the 5MKS is a system 5 model, but my concern is with the 4MKS, won't be able to turn on AC at living and 1-2 rooms simultaneously

Appreciate your advice! Thanks!!
I don't think 4MKS80FSG can support usage of 24k + 9/18k at the same time, most likely only 24k only.

lancelotalbion

Reaction score
I don't think 4MKS80FSG can support usage of 24k + 9/18k at the same time, most likely only 24k only.

Thanks maur_james.

Got a quote from Cold Engine for the following config
5MKS100LSG
3 x FTKS25DVM
1 x FTKS71FVM

16mm PVC drainage pipe with 1/4" insulation
23G copper pipe (free upgrade to 22G) with 1/2" Armaflex insulation
Keystone/Sigma 3C40 & 3C70 wire
Free 2 trips installation

Total cost $5280

Is this reasonable?

Also Cold Engine is asking for 4k deposit upon confirmation and 1k upon piping installation.. Is this common?

Thanks in advance!

xman13

Reaction score
I was told by my installer that Daikin Silver Envi, the D MOBILE that works with the phone is no longer free. I have to pay additional $120 if I want...

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks maur_james.

Got a quote from Cold Engine for the following config
5MKS100LSG
3 x FTKS25DVM
1 x FTKS71FVM

16mm PVC drainage pipe with 1/4" insulation
23G copper pipe (free upgrade to 22G) with 1/2" Armaflex insulation
Keystone/Sigma 3C40 & 3C70 wire
Free 2 trips installation

Total cost $5280

Is this reasonable?

Also Cold Engine is asking for 4k deposit upon confirmation and 1k upon piping installation.. Is this common?

Thanks in advance!

I was told by my installer that Daikin Silver Envi, the D MOBILE that works with the phone is no longer free. I have to pay additional $120 if I want...

Yes, my quotation from Cold Engine also requires huge deposit amount as they mention that they need to purchase the aircon from Daikin by 18th June and promotion ends around end June.

I was also told that I need to pay for the D Mobile as no longer free but the amount is lesser than $120 from Cold Engine.

Guess there is a misconception from some of the dealers that they actually bundle the D Mobile into their aircon package so it seems free for the customers but at the dealer's end, it is being purchased separately.

rdkp11

Reaction score
Hi asking is 1/4 inch drainage recommended???

Contractor says no need upgrade for Midea sys 3 Opal

Kind replies pls...

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, for old 4 room HDB with no existing aircon is there anything I need to take note of?

Looking at Daikin System 2 or 3, TIA.

efreelancer

Reaction score
Wanna buy daikin from gain city. But seem that they can only install a few weeks later. Anywhere to buy other than courts or big box?

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Hi all,

If y'all are looking for aircons, I would recommend Uniqool. They reply with a quote fast and provide good services. Comes with extended warranty too.

I would say the price might not be the cheapest, but reasonably competitive due to the value added service and upsized materials.

Uniqool engineering & services pte ltd
Facebook page: Uniqool

You used them before?

paurusu

Reaction score
You are in the same GG situation as me, pipings well hidden behind custom-made cupboard.

Personally I don't think the old contractor would be of any good, they won't be able to remember and who knows which sub-con worked on your house?

Best to get a new surveyor and start from scratch.

Thanks for the advice . Need to hunt reliable surveyor liao . Must make sure my wife happy with the arrangement lol

lancelotalbion

Reaction score
Yes, my quotation from Cold Engine also requires huge deposit amount as they mention that they need to purchase the aircon from Daikin by 18th June and promotion ends around end June.

I was also told that I need to pay for the D Mobile as no longer free but the amount is lesser than $120 from Cold Engine.

Guess there is a misconception from some of the dealers that they actually bundle the D Mobile into their aircon package so it seems free for the customers but at the dealer's end, it is being purchased separately.

Anyone got their aircon installed by Cold Engine ? How's their workmanship?

Also, anyone has any experience with Howsyllane Engineering or Willy's Aircon?

Se3h3nG

Reaction score
hi guys, need your help to access if this deal and the package is sufficient...

Currently second room hack away and combine with masterbed room...
I intend to install 2 x compressor as i want it to be cold... still thinking to have living room as 1 x standalone, than the masterbed room and guest room to share 1 compressor or the other way round...

there's 2 option with different BTU....

option 1 (Grand total : $5600)
- mitsubishi electric (Is it starmax? or MHI?)
- Model Muy24va Msyge24va
- Total $2400

- mitsubishi electric
- Model Mxy 4a28
- Msyge24va x01
- Msyge13va x01
- Total 3200

Option 2 (Grand total $5600)
- mitsubishi electric
- Total $2400

- Mitsubish electric
- Model Mxy 4a38
- Msyge24va x01
- Msyge13va x 01
- Total $4000

Both package comes with
- Armaflex class o
- Keystone cable
- 22swg copper pipe
- 16mm drainage pipe

I am sliding towards option 1, but afraid that the compressor will not be able to provide the coldness as compressor is only 28000BTU (Needs to support 24k BTU and 13k BTU units)

Oh ya, the pricing got kena carrot or not ah???
Any expert can advise me on the following things?

Sorry for posting so many questions....

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, need your help to access if this deal and the package is sufficient...

Currently second room hack away and combine with masterbed room...
I intend to install 2 x compressor as i want it to be cold... still thinking to have living room as 1 x standalone, than the masterbed room and guest room to share 1 compressor or the other way round...

there's 2 option with different BTU....

option 1 (Grand total : $5600)
- mitsubishi electric (Is it starmax? or MHI?)
- Total $2400

- mitsubishi electric
- Model Mxy 4a28
- Msyge24va x01
- Msyge13va x01
- Total 3200

Option 2 (Grand total $5600)
- mitsubishi electric
- Total $2400

- Mitsubish electric
- Model Mxy 4a38
- Msyge24va x01
- Msyge13va x 01
- Total $4000

Both package comes with
- Armaflex class o
- Keystone cable
- 22swg copper pipe
- 16mm drainage pipe

I am sliding towards option 1, but afraid that the compressor will not be able to provide the coldness as compressor is only 28000BTU (Needs to support 24k BTU and 13k BTU units)

Oh ya, the pricing got kena carrot or not ah???
Any expert can advise me on the following things?

Sorry for posting so many questions....

I am getting from cold engine also but prefer on Cat I insulation instead of Cat O.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.